NC State Wolfpack - Papa Perry

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

NC State Wolfpack - Papa Perry

Playbooks

Current Offense - UCLA

Current Defense - 3-4

Other Offensive Playbooks I will probably use:

TCU
    Boise State
    LSU
    Georgia
    Texas
    Ole Miss
    UCLA

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Out of curiousity, how do you use a 4-3 like a 3-4? Hot route the DE into coverage occasionally? Or is this a trade secret?:cool:

3. Papa Perry

I hot route a lot of guys lol. It's tricky because you have to do it fast so the opponent doesnt realize it. But if you mess up you may leave a big gap in zone or a key player on the offense uncovered.

4. Papa Perry

updated to show playbook changes

5. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Nice scouting report on him people...

6. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Offensively ran a lot of shotgun with double tight

he kinda abbandoned the run early because he was down so didn't run much but judging by his rushing stats on the season in close games looks to run the ball lots

He made a tonne of mistakes in the first half and settled down in the 2nd half nicely and started picking apart my pass defense. I got a lot all of my INT playing zone.

He spreads the ball around nicely to his top 3 WR and TE. Runs around with Wilson a lot which is tough to stop.

Defensivly he runs a 3-4 and controlls the LE most the game which he is pretty good on the sticks with him and got me a couple times with him. NC State DBs arent very good so its easy to go deep on them but I didn't have enough confidense in Tyrod Taylor arm but next year I will do that.

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Offense - Texas
    Defense - 3-4

Offense - seemed to prefer the shotgun two-te sets, and he ran a lot of mountain options and qb choice runs from that formation. I was able to slow his running game down and get some key 3rd down stops which was the difference in the game. When he got behind and had to throw he was able to move the ball but he either didn't have the speed at WR to throw deep or didn't feel comfortable taking risks downfield. He seemed more at home throwing patterns around 10 yards downfield.

Defense - runs a base 3-4. Mostly controlled a lineman vs pro sets but would drop the 3-4 look and control a LB vs 4 or 5 WR looks.

I enjoyed playing him and look forward to the matchup next year.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

-Just going to speak on his D..pretty much stayed in the 3-4 no matter the situation.
    -Mixed up man and zone very well, seemed like more zone.

may edit with more..gotta go..

9. Papa Perry

changed my first post to reflect current set-up