NCAA 06 on PS2

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Stanimal032, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

Just bought this beauty a few days ago for like $1.99. What a sweet game.

So many things that I love about this game that I wish were still in the games today! At the beginning of the game they take you to a scouting combine where you do drills to see how good your player will be in Road to the Heisman rather than playing a whole high school season + playoffs.

Realistic injuries! I've had a few injuries, but they're very realistic. Most of the ones are minor and guys are back in the game w/in the next quarter or so. But, my QB who I have been running the option with took a hard hit and broke his ribs. He's out 12 weeks!

Guys break team/NCAA rules and it's your call on how to discipline them. The playmaker concept was really cool esp how they slow the game down when he makes a pick/big hit/big catch/juke.

Gameplay is 100% solid. Absolutely no complaints. If you're good on the sticks, the game performs the way it should.

Another thing I enjoy is the no/regional/national broadcast element.

Kansas State vs FIU wasn't a broadcast game as it shouldn't be. Game had no commentary, just the PA announcer. KSU vs Marshall was regionally broadcast. My game at OU between two undefeated teams was nationally broadcast. Kind of a cool feature.

Momentum seemed to matter. Jump out to a 2 score lead and the offense goes one-dimensional trying to break a big play. Knowing this, you could sit back in coverage better and your defense reacted accordingly. No God-Mode in these games.

I've been playing this more than NCAA 14 recently. I'll give up graphics every day for a solid and realistic experience.

• Like Like x 4
  2. dso122783

dso122783 Walk On

I remember that game. Didn't realize how good it was until the last couple of years. I remember I would get pissed because my top rusher was always getting academic penalties.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I miss that game so much. One of my favorites in the entire series.

• Like Like x 2
  4. fantasyboi

fantasyboi If Tebow isn't Jesus, I'm the Pope

the only thing that game really missed was conference realignment of expansion but obviously that wasnt big yet

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

I really wish they would let you import teambuilder teams as FCS opponents into your schedule. Just give them all generic ratings when you import in the place of an FCS team. It would've been cool to, you know, beat North Dakota State since apparently we can't in real life.

6. fantasyboi

Well NDSU is a program that shouldve been in the FBS years ago....they torched D-II, theyve been torching the FCS and work 1 school a year in the FBS...they just cant seem to get the funds i think...but ya i really wish u could expand the amount of teams cuz I love making NDSU

• Like Like x 1
  7. dso122783

dso122783 Walk On

Gameday will be the Saturday. They cant be THAT bad of a program

• Like Like x 1
  8. fantasyboi

no, they r a great program....theyve won about 4 National titles in the last 6 years and thats only because when they moved from D-II to the FCS they had to sit out of the playoffs for 2 years

9. dso122783

dso122783 Walk On

Someone, I think Chris Fowler said that they are the Alabama of the FCS.

10. fantasyboi

oh ya for sure! If you ever get a chance to watch them then do so cuz they are nasty.

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

you must be bored

• Like Like x 1
  12. fantasyboi

no, the FCS playoffs r good stuff to watch...actual college playoffs

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

No, when we were watching them, I told my wife "They are a good team. They could beat probably half of the FBS teams playing now."

They were fun to watch. They Bill Snyder'd us. A 9-minute drive to kill the 4th quarter and score the go-ahead touchdown with 25 seconds left? That's usually our style. I'm going to be interested to watch that game on Saturday. They came into our house, outplayed and out-hit us. They gained a fan that weekend in myself.

You play enough FCS opponents, it's bound to happen eventually. Hey, we're 2-1 and haven't started conference play yet. Could be worse.

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Sure it could have been worse. You could have, oh you know, lost to an FCS schoo... Oh right.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

We could've given up 38 unanswered points at home and have a coach who hates his fanbase :)

16. fantasyboi

Buuuuurrrrrnnnnnn

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

1) to a top 15 team. --- I.e. top 15 FBS team

2) he said he loves it here. Plus, he was referring to the fans that left early- I'm fine with him hating the fair weather fans; I would as a coach too.

18. Hova

I meant you must be bored playing NCAA 06, not watching football..

19. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

Also a no. Substance > Flash any day. Call me crazy, but having defenders playing their zones effectively and making a play on the ball when they're in position is more satisfying than the new gloves South Carolina got over the weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hova

I'll take the new recruiting all day and playing in the greatest online invention ever, online dynasty. CPU will always be retarded.

21. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I loved NCAA 06 as well. I remember I went back to it after playing NCAA 09 for awhile. It wasn't perfect but it lacked a lot of the issues we have today and had some cool features. I really do miss the lack of commentary on untelevised games. That was always an incentive to get on TV lol .