NCAA 10: Season 2 (2010)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MorsDraconis, Oct 11, 2009.

?

User Games

1. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 4

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Other/Suggest

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

NCAA 10: Season 2 (2010)

Again, all recruiting talk goes here.

I wanna see some talk in here this season fellas. Should be some INTERESTING recruiting battles this season.

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

The Noles will break the ice with 2 announcements:

:5stars: Quarterback Joe Smith #3 QB
    6'3'' 205lbs Pocket Passer from Temple Terrace, Fl
    D Speed
    B Throw Power
    B+ Throw Accuracy

I would have liked a more agile QB, but we decided to go after the best available guy and that was Joe. Chris Ford looked really good here at the camp this past summer but we were too low on his list and we felt that Joe will fit the mold of a Chris Weinke type.

:5stars: Free Safety Derek Murray #1 FS
    6'2' 218lbs Hard Hitter from East Orange, NJ
    B+ Speed, Agility, Acceleration
    B Tackle, Hit Power, Stamina, Injury
    C+ Man Coverage
    B- Zone Coverage, Pursuit, Press, Jumping

Rivals: Will get a hard look to replace Terrance Parks if he opts for the NFL Draft, which is very likely. The kids potential is very high, FSU has to get him in and work on his Man skills but he is ready to compete at a D1 level now.

3. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Scarlet Letter - Week 1

Ok, I have a crappy XBox. I need to replace it, but dont want to dole out the money for one at this point. Why is this relevant you ask? Well, in the middle of the 1st quarter in my game, the XBox started making funky noises and then the game stopped an said the disc was unreadable. Its not the disc- I keep my games in immaculate condition. Its my crappy Xbox. Anyways, I turned it back on and played my game. Of course, this means I get the dreaded WARNING! Game Stared 2 times next to my name. I just thought I'd let yall know how I got the scarlet letter. If this continues in the future, I will pick up a new XBox (oh and a headset too).

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

No biggie man. I know the feeling about not wanting to shell out a crap ton of money.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I had ~10 prospects with my school as #1, including a 5-star, but no quick signs.

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

When I had to buy a new xbox I got a reconditioned one with the mac daddy hard drive for like $275 or something like that, but I bought the $20 year warranty thing now every time my piece of shit xbox breaks down I take it back, pick up a replacement, and pay another $20. It kinda sux paying them $20 every time one of these monstrosities breaks but I can have it replaced within the hour if needed..I recommend it. I still think it's kinda shady to charge it for each box, but $20 is $20. When you get your head set invest in the one with the padded ear thing. I got one of the cheap Mad Catz sets and it blows. I'm waiting for it to short out so I can have an excuse to replace it.

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I have 19 or 20 seniors to replace, but not many top prospects are interested in Oregon... I only have 11 on my board right now and most of them are more interested in other user schools. Definitely going to be a challenge to bring in a top class this year.

8. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Texas opens the season with early commits from 2 5 star players, the #1 WR and #1 Athlete. I will jot down their names tonight and provide more details, but it's likely that the Athlete will end up playing WR next year (where I lose 3 seniors).

Although it's possible he may play safety if one or more of the juniors I have at FS or SS leave early. Nice grab Knight with that 5 star FS. He was one of the guys I was targeting, but I thought I might lose out to the national champs.

9. KnightNoles

Yea, he was late to get on my board. I put him on the board when rounding out the list in week 1 because I thought with Parks winning 2 awards, a junior and probably another good year, I wont be able to sway him away from the Draft. So another FS wasnt a need depth chart wise but we knew we had to get one. (n)

10. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

USC got an instant commit from a :5stars: MLB that we offered a scholarship too. Don't have his stats in front of me, but, if I remember correctly, he'll most likely be making the switch to OLB.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Damn, there goes one of my 5-star recruits. Good thing I targeted a 5th recruit, though he did not get a scholarship offer in week 1.

12. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

If that was the MLB I'm after expect a bag of fish heads in your locker room when you come to T-Town.

13. Beazus Christ

$20 bucks for each xbox is kinda nice though. Ok let me tell you my microsoft story. I got that ring of death on my original xbox and sent it to microsoft. They sent me back a new one about a month later. A month after i got it, the disc drive failed. I was in the middle of studying for the bar, so I put the xbox aside and studied (maybe it was a sign from God?). OK so a month later (like the day after I finished my test) I called microsoft to exchange my box. Problem was, the warranty on the exchanged xbox had expired 2 days earlier and they wanted big $ to fix it. So, I looked on the net and figured out that microsoft used cheap glue to hold this magnet on the disc drive in place so I cracked it open and put some super glue on the magnet in the disc drive. Now it works but sometimes it fucks up! I missed the warranty by 2 days!

14. KnightNoles

I think they all have the new 3 year warranty on them

15. Beazus Christ

Thats not what the microsoft rep told me...it wouldnt surprise me though.

16. KnightNoles

Via: Xbox support
    Product Warranty: Xbox 360 Video Game and Entertainment System (New)

This Limited Warranty does not apply to Consoles or Accessories sold as used, refurbished, or reconditioned.
    A. WARRANTIES
    One Year Express Warranty on Console (Three Years for Three Lights Flashing Red). Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, Microsoft warrants to you only (the original retail purchaser) that, during the Warranty Period and under normal use and service, the Xbox Console will substantially conform with the printed user instruction materials packaged with the Console.

B. OBTAINING WARRANTY SERVICE

To receive instructions for obtaining repair or replacement warranty services you must call: Within the U.S., U.S. Territories and Canada: 1-800-4MY-XBOX (1-800-469-9269); TTY users: 1-866-740-XBOX (1-866-740-9269).
    You must also:
    Submit proof of purchase in the form of a bona fide, dated bill of sale, receipt, or invoice (or a copy) evidencing that your request for service is made within the Warranty Period.
    Follow Microsoft's shipping and other instructions if it determines that all or part of your Xbox Product requires return for repair or replacement. To obtain the warranty service, you must take or deliver the Xbox Product in suitable packaging that provides an adequate degree of protection against damage during transit, to the location specified by Microsoft. Except as otherwise required by legislation in your jurisdiction, costs associated with transport (including packaging) for warranty service shall be at your expense.

So the 3 year warranty is only for RROD

17. BDSDIGITAL

After you opened it tho you voided the warranty on the current unit so it's a mute point now.

18. KnightNoles

not necessarily, I think one of my buddies opened one up and still sent it in and they fixed his

19. BDSDIGITAL

Yeah but he superglued stuff in there. You would think they would realize that...but you never know. If you buy a new one send it back anyway, why not right?

20. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

:D

That's the one.

Cory Lewis - 6'4" 261

B- Speed
    B+ Tackling
    C+ Blocking Shedding
    B Hit Power
    B- Agility
    B- Strength

He'll probably come in at around 78-80 overall or so.

21. Beazus Christ

Yeah thats what sucked. I had the RROD but the one they sent me had a screwy hard drive so they didnt want to fix it. So I did my Bob Villa thing and now I got a somewhat functioning xbox. Weird thing is, it only fucks up on sports games. I like to get my geek on and play rpgs, but have never had a problem with those. Its like my xbox knows i suck at ncaa and madden and wants me to play something else.

22. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Texas is having a great opening to the season recruiting wise, picking up a commit from the #4 rated QB in the class (5 star recruit) in week 2.

Texas has now received commits from 3 5 star players, and is likely done recruiting that level of talent, since I'd like to keep one spot open for the offseason additional recruits.

23. BDSDIGITAL

Ohio States Top Prospects 17 scholarships available total.

:5stars:

#1 OLB Shaun Strong
    #1 QB Ronnie Moore
    #2 G Ed Brooks

:4stars:

#6 OLB Greg Cooper
    #5 T Charlie McNeal
    #6 QB Ray Hampton
    #3 SS Joey Payne
    #4 SS Fred Hill
    #3 G Derrick Hale
    #2 DE Eric Sanders
    #4 Michael Montgomery

alot of you should see some familiar names on this list. Their schools of interest are all big programs including ours. Michigan is going after like half of this list seemingly....should make it interesting.

And our first signing of the year is a :3stars: CB, #36 CB overall named Dion Williams out of Worthington Ohio. (Columbus basically) Dion probably won't start for quite a while. We'll have to see how his progression goes but I thought he had some good skills. B+ speed, Man/Zone coverage C+, Press B-, and Pursuit B+. He'll need to up the coverage ratings over his first few years. I can't imagine a scenario where he won't redshirt next year.

24. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Season 2 Week 3 Scores

Scores go here fellas. Don't be afraid to talk about games either.

We're gonna be waiting a week before we change the slider stuff (mainly because I forgot to change them before I advanced...).

Just one user vs user game this week between Ohio State and Miami. Should be a fun one.

25. KnightNoles

hows this goin to work now? Whats goin here in the sticky and whats goin in the scheduling tab?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.