NCAA 11 Demo Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

NCAA 11 Demo Discussion

Have you guys tried it? I think it's pretty awesome for a demo. Looks like this league will be great, especially pryor in season 1!!

2. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Can you download it somehow?

3. Hova

Yup. It is free. You go to game marketplace, then scroll up to game demos, and new arrivals. It should be the first one on the list.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

demo is great

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Played for 10 minutes last night. Camera angle and play selection screen will take some getting use to. Other than that I think we will have the best NCAA game yet. Quick question though. Anyone know how to make formation subs?

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm not sure if it goes that in-depth, but I really didn't try it either.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I have enjoyed the demo. I have played 2 games on AA and have won both handily. In the first game it was Pryor's passing that got me the 21-0 win. In the second game it was Demps feet that led to 24-7 victory. He had a rush TD out of a wildcat formation, a kick return TD and a receiving TD.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

We can't get too excited though...sliders have yet to be adjusted lol

9. Hova

I'm thinking Heisman plays the best but it is to early to tell with these 2 minute matchups

10. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Ya heismans is more of a challenge AA i smash them

11. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

I loved the demo. To me anyway, it just feels and looks like a big improvement. I know it's only a demo, but it seems like they have a lot of things right. Also, I love that we will finally get formation subs.

12. BG

BG On The Rize!

I wasn't impressed by the actual game play! It seemed they tried to hard to make improvements that they over did it. Everything just seems to congested!

13. Hova

Pry loved that QB on OSU as well.... lol

14. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Shit, the way my offense has been I'll be the one person who can keep Pryor down this year.

15. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I enjoyed the demo. The receivers can make moves after making catches now, instead of catching the ball and doing nothing. Linemen now use combination blocks between the first and second level, requiring the RB to read holes, which is fantastic. Also, the combination blocks alleviate some of the issues with people going unblocked in NCAA '10. The movement of players with the ball seems less choppy. Also, did you notice all the new band songs and fan stuff? When you play as tOSU, the fans do the O-H-I-O chant until you kick the ball off. Plus, the band plays after first downs. Maybe if we're lucky they will put in script Ohio when the game comes out.

To make formation subs, just click left or right on the right analog stick. The players in the formation is viewable above the formation description. Caveat: you have to be in the formation selection menu. You can no longer substitute from the play menu.

16. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Mixed feelings after one game on the demo. Playing on Heisman, I noticed quickly, just because you have a man 5 yards past the defender (generally considered wide open), doesn't mean the CB can't jump up and knock the pass down. That has irritated me for years, and looks like it will continue too. Also, I was sacked a couple of times by a three man rush in about a second and a half; because a DE was ignored by the O-line on one occasion. Otherwise, bsta93 was right about running with the receiver after the catch, that's how I got my only score. Running out of a shotgun didn't seem so hopeless, either.