NCAA '11 Demo: Impressions

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Shaun Mason, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    NCAA '11 Demo: Impressions

Right out of the box: (I will keep editing my post as I play).

+ The opening scene in the demo is nice. Herbie overlay explaining new features.
    + The presentation is WAY better on game start.
    + The camera angle is lower...on kickoffs the speed on the field seems faster due to the angle.
    + Right click defender lock is still in.
    + Graphically, far superior to '10.
    + In game cut scenes/replays are pretty awesome.
    + The blocking is MUCH better on offense (my initial impression)
    + The defense is much 'quicker', which I expected.
    + Run commit is toned WAY down (I used it on 1st and goal, result...picked 6 for the Buckeyes)
    + I think the yardage for the icons dissapearing is much shallower this year. I am a horrible backpeddler on passing plays and one (where I still threw a TD) play the icons dropped off and I didn't think I was that far back...maybe 10 yards.

/ Have seen receivers running into each other and 'hanging' a little bit.
    / There is a new play calling screen.

- Hopefully they tighten up players on defense interacting with the ball carrier...I feel like a couple guys didn't make a play when they should have. Maybe Heisman is better, or the animations/AI are still a work in progress?

----

End of game 1: Ohio State 28 Miami 0.

In one defensive series, I saw a gang tackle (which was slightly bugged, the offensive player went down and the defenders stayed locked together, just an animation issue), then completely overran a sweep and couldn't cut back. On the punt return, the camera rotated when I caught the ball...and completely screwed me up. First offensive series, I torched the Miami defense for a touchdown (All-American). I threw an out route that was actually well covered, but the defender completely missed me and I went for pretty good yardage. A couple run's later by Boom Herron and I am in.

So, the camera that screwed me up on punt return only happens if you have player lock on the returner. They were non-existent on offense. Next game I am going to be Miami.

---

End of game 2: Ohio State (CPU) 10 Miami (Me) 7

tOSU played great defensively. I broke a couple good passes on a drive to score, but other than that, dominated by Ohio State.

One good thing I liked: I needed a first down late in the game and threw a short pass to the HB sitting under the LB coverage. I got gang tackled but moved the pile just enough to get the 1st.

Still haven't seen a return of that retarded fall forward animation.

---

Playing Mizzou-Clemson. I threw my first really bad pass and it gets picked. Something I noticed...Tempo (aka No-Huddle/Chew Clock) is under gameplanning. I am going to try to No-Huddle when I get back on offense.

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Impressed w/ demo :)

3. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Got to get used to the camera view
    When you select a FG it tells you how many yards away it is. I like that.
    The play calling screen is kinda of confusing. Everything seems to be all over the place, but I'll get used to it.

4. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

It feels like running the ball is too easy but maybe that was just AA difficulty before sliders with new, better blocking AI. My initial feel of the pass rush is it's almost a 2-3 Mississippi kinda deal.

Like I said in another thread, the graphix are just nasty. and they finally put OU-UT in the Cotton Bowl!

also, I love the PA announcer in the background! haha

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I thought outside runs were VERY easy with Ohio State, but AGAINST Ohio State I couldn't run to save my life.

6. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

28-0 scores concern me. On a 6 minute quarter game that would equal 84-0.

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Chalk it up to difficulty level.

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Good luck to guys who like to throw deep and adjust to the ball...if it isn't in stride your not going to jostle defenders and come back to the ball...you just can't move laterally like that quickly anymore.

9. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Yessssss!!!

10. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Yea G-Unit looks like i have to practice my deep ball...

Do you guys see any difference in the passing speeeds?

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

You probably can't play someone else can you?

12. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Can anyone comment on the effectiveness (or still lack thereof) of timing routes, such as comebacks, hitches, and double moves?

13. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'd love to know this as well. The deep comeback is incredibly difficult to cover man to man IRL if executed properly. I'm not saying it should be money every time or something, especially if a CB knows he has help over the top, but it certainly should be more effective than it has been in past seasons.

14. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Hey guys,

I recorded my first game with the demo. It is currently uploading to my youtube channel as we speak. It should be done in about an hour. I will post it in here when it is finished processing.

Frisk

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

My Impressions (360):

Simply Amazing. I won my first game with Miami 21-0. The Bucks were driving but I have to go back to work (told 'em I needed to get something from home, lol)

-I love the way the game plays. It feels alot more realistic. I played on AA and everything felt legit.

-Defense didn't seem physic as I caught 'em outta position for a long bomb right before halftime. My reciever caught the ball in stride w/o me having to click on him and make him run faster. I haven't seen any "speed" routes either.

-Pryor did some little hesitation step and completely froze my DL. He was being flushed and I have no clue what he really did but he chopped my DT up, lol.

-Pryor was taking off if he didn't have anything down field. That's a plus in my book. He also wasn't accurate because he missed a wide open reciever (dude was open by at least 20 yards). Very realistic

-Replays are incredible. I didn't skip one of 'em.

-Cutscenes of the crowd were well done

-Crowd was reacting appropriately from what I can recall. When I made big plays the whole place was silent.

-Run Committ is toned the hell down. Didn't try pass committ

-Pass Blocking is very well done as I couldn't dominate the tackle like I normally do. I still got realistic pressure but you gotta earn it now

-Ohio State is overrated as usual, lol

-And the CPU had good clock management. Instead of wasting precious timeouts they ran up to the line and spiked the ball. Like the sense of urgency they had.

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I tried two of 'em. One I threw entirely too late and the DB was able to get in position to knock it down and the other one was perfect. It was just a "ten yard, Look" though but it was pretty smooth.

17. Emmdotfrisk

My opinion of the strategy pad is more of "Key's." You can Key run right, key run left, key run middle, or key pass. Not necessarily commit because the players don't sell out to the key, but rather take their first step in that direction and adjust....I like it.

18. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

how is the passsing speed compared to 10..any chance of still throwing super rocket passes as soon as the ball is hiked?

19. Emmdotfrisk

Default throwing speed and game speed is somewhere between Madden 10 and NCAA 10.

20. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

awesome ..Thanks Frisk

21. Emmdotfrisk

no prob! This damn video is taking forever to upload!

22. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

yeah, that's the shit emmdot. great idea. I'm looking forward to watching the video.

23. Iron Mickey

Here's a video of the Demo!!!!!

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cUmijduiZos&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cUmijduiZos&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

24. Emmdotfrisk

damn, he beat me to it. Mine will be up in 20 mins haha

25. Iron Mickey

Yours will be better Frisky....it will be HD....but this will have to suffice for the next twenty