NCAA 11 OD Discussion

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by LeGeNd RiPs, Apr 14, 2010.

1. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

NCAA 11 OD Discussion

Q: Will NCAA 11 allow more than 12 users in an online dynasty?
    I think this could be very beneficial to the TF Community.
    Thoughts.....

2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

I hope not.... 12 is a good number, more than 12 could get sloppy and make advances every day or other day harder to accomplish....

3. LeGeNd RiPs

My thoughts were, more user games, more recruiting battles, etc. It worked well in Madden. I think that it would be cool if we just had a set advance date and you have to get your stuff done in that time, otherwise, you get advanced on. Just a thought.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I agree. Look at the Madden leagues. Constant turnover, commish is continually tracking people down to schedule games. I mean, how many leagues can make it through with the same 12 for just one season? I think 12 is just right. Mama Bear.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I like 12 also but wouldn't mind having 14-16 available for a dynasty. All major teams along with Boise, Utah, Tcu and the other mid majors to play with the big boys

6. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

I think having the option for 24 users in would be cool. Im mean u wouldnt have to have that many. just the option. It would work here on TF because everyone here is pretty much here throughout the whole season. Therfore od's joining together would be a good idea.. Yea it might take a touch longer for seasons to turn, but it will be alot of fun, with more users games and recruiting battles

7. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I would love to see it increased to 16 user. In the Duece, I would see it not being a problem

8. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Not me, i like the 12 we have... moving it to 16 increasing the risk of someone not keeping up, or users coming and going..... like i said before 12 is a nice number....

9. LeGeNd RiPs

I like the idea of the option for 24. Two full conferences and lots of user games. It could be really nice.

10. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

or any way u like it.. In madden most guys quit when there team sucks and dont make the playoffs, with bowls and the satisfaction of an upset, I feel the turnover wouldnt be high

11. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

The 16 to 18 option sounds nice, and in a couple of leagues full of committed guys, it would be great. I think the rest would almost certainly suffer high turnover, and the more games to schedule would almost certainly slow it down. I would like to see the option though.

Back to the original question, has anyone heard any if it might be more?

12. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I think finding more than 12 people who would maintain interest and would stick it out for 3-4 seasons would be hard, leading to the high turnover that several mentioned. Look at the non-premiere dynasties on this site, most struggle to consistently maintain even 12 guys and if you look at the roster of coaches by year 3 or 4 there are usually at least 2-4 guys who weren't there when the thing started.

I also think the OP's point that it worked in Madden is a bit of a fallacy, I read the madden forums for fun sometimes, and those leagues have crazy turnover.

I think 12 is a nice number for an OD.

13. LeGeNd RiPs

I just would like to have the option of going up to 24. No one has to use it. It would be nice to have the option though.

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I think 12 is perfect. The problem with having the option to use 24 guys is that you may actually use it.

15. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I would like more users in an OD. I am apart of Madden leagues with 30 dedicated owners and we advance every 3 days without problems. I think it could work with the right guys.

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Hey, Em were one of those people in Iowa who called 911 over night when the meteor shower was going off?

17. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

haha, I was slightly embarrassed when I heard that but don't make me bring up the Wisconsin vs Boston College game again!

18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I'd rather be the guy who saw a meteor shower and called the cops then the guy who didnt see it at all. As for the Badgers I'm sure you know how it is, assuming your a Hawkeye fan, year after year after year of almost being good enough. You get used to it after a while, and then you start drinking more than you should.

19. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

I haven't been in a league on here before. However, I have been in a league over at DC combat and as we speak our Madden league is on hold. I had a good record too :(!! Sometimes to many people can cause disruption.

20. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I would love more users. I think more people should be able to experience my Reign of terror aka "siht tklanig" (your not tripping you know eaxtcly waht I jsut worte, lol).

21. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

If they do it shouldn't be more than 14. To many people getting dropped because of not being able to get there games in or losing interest. That hurts the league especially when user vs user rivalaries get stop because of it.

22. LeGeNd RiPs

What about things like recruiting?
    Does anyone know of any new aspects of Online dynasties, such as recruiting, scheduling, etc.?