NCAA 11 Preparation - Conference Selections

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, May 7, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

NCAA 11 Preparation - Conference Selections

Again, we are closing in on the launch of 11 quicker than you think so It is time to start preperations for the next season of NCAA 11.

Only thing that is certain is that we will have 4 conferences with 3 users in each, now the discussion here will be wether we keep the four conferences we have now (ACC, Big 10, Big 12, PAC 10) or we drop one and bring in the SEC. In order for one of our conferences to be dropped all 3 current members would have to agree that they are willing to leave that conference, If one member is stuck to a team in that conference for next season then we will not drop that conference. Team selection will come in a later thread and that will be seeded and dicussed later. This is soley a discussion of what 4 conferences we will be using in NCAA 11, Will we stick with the same four or bring in the SEC? Let's hear your opinion of what conferences we should keep and/or swap out. Thanks guys

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I think the current conference structure is fine. There is plenty of other dynasties that incorporate the SEC so I don't see any point in adding that conference.

My only problem with current setup is the conference championships. For example, the loser of the Miami/Virginia Tech game has almost no shot at reaching the conference championship. On the other side, with only 1 team, Florida State almost snuck in last season with 5 or 6 losses. The odd number in each conference is what creates this problem. I know an odd number of conferences wouldn't work if we were to continue conference challenge so I'm not sure what could be done to resolve this problem.

3. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

personally I think we should bring in the sec in place of the big 12 the sec in terms of teams is just way tougher than the big 12 who will be WEAK AS HELL next year

4. Hova

I am not hugely attached to USC so i wouldn't care if we dropped the pac-10. I myself do not like the big ten and it's stupid conference schedule cycle where half the teams only play each other ever 4 years, makes no sense, but I am sure no one is in favor of dumping the big ten lol

5. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

the big 10 is week as fuck too but im holding out hope that maybe suge will be tired of BIG BLUE and let me take over MY FAVORITEEEE team hahaha (crossing fingers)

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I would LOVE to get my Buckeyes but I can't see Masler giving them up unless he can get a much better school. Since there aren't any better schools than tOSU I'm probably SOL. :)

7. Hova

Big 12 won't be weak, Texas will be the best team in the game along with Oklahoma being stacked as always. Nebraska is on the rise, has the huge homefield and can compete recruiting wise as well. Only reason I'd be against SEC is because I hate to see Super Man Florida being controlled but I guess they wont be so great since Jesus Tebow is gone

8. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

lmao sounds just like a real buckeyes fan there, osu the best? doubt that haha

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'll give up the buckeyes if I get the Gators ;)

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm sure I'll be at the bottom of picking so even then I still won't get OSU. That is fine, I'm gonna try keeping Rivalry going next season so I can stay on as commish and get the Buckeyes.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I would like to keep UCLA obviously. I know they suck and all but they are my team and this is the only OD that I have them in. If we decide to go with other conferences, I'll have some thinking to do. Im going to have to drop an OD when 11 drops. I have a little Girl due in July so my time will be limited.

12. Hova

I figured you would want UCLA so in that case Pac-10 stays and I most likely stay in Southern Cal as well unless something INTRIGUES me along the way.

Down to 3 conferences that may get the possible AXE.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I dont want to hold a gun to anybody's head or anything. If not one else really wants to stay in the PAC10, then I would move. I could look for UCLA in another dynasty. I could get a better team and actually start winning some games for a change ;)

14. Hova

It's up too you, I have no problem staying in the Pac-10. We will see if anyone wants to see the Pac-10 go lol

15. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I have no attachment to the Big 10, so I will switch too. As long as I am in the same conference as Masler.....I like winning conference titles. I will probably pick a B level team with young skill players, I like a challenges. Speaking of picking teams, random draft, seniority, worst record gets first pick and best record gets last pick??

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Then I guess I have to stick with OSU...if it means winning the conference

17. Hova

Team selection will be a combo of record, senority and original team dibs. More on that later

18. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

theirs nothing special about winning your conference but not playing every user team or atleast having a conference champ game, just sayin

19. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I have no attachment to the ACC. In fact, Florida State is one of the teams I hate the most in college football.

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Looks like ACC can be eliminated with little debate. I'd be willing to go to Pac 10, Big 10 or Big 12 if we went with 3 conferences. Pac 10 and Big 10 could be tough to get 4 usable teams.

21. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

no the acc should not be gone completely i think its actually one of the stronger conferences or most even atleast

22. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

It sounds like I'm not going to have to fight for Texas Tech. I am by no means stuck on my team. I'm from Orlando, and am a lifelong Gator and FSU fan; point being, I am not a typical fan, I just enjoy the sport, so I'll take anyone in any conference. If it helps for me to move and fill a spot in a less desirable conference, I'd be glad too. I really just don't want a team that is an A+ though. I would honestly rather go .500 every season, and have close games every week, than be 10-2 every year.

I can find entertainment in any conference, so I don't have an opinion on which ones to include or not. This maybe impossible, but should we consider dividing up by skill level?

23. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

I would like to come back for 11 if you guys will have me. I would also like to keep Texas.

24. Masler

Masler Moderator

But didn't you say you didnt want Va Tech next year DJ?

If that truely is the case then the ACC can be eliminated.

25. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Ya not va tech or any acc team if i can go over to michigan but otherwise im good in the acc with va tech or a miami even wake lmao idc