NCAA 11: Road to Glory as RB

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by thatguy188, Dec 27, 2010.

1. thatguy188

thatguy188 You know ... THAT guy.

Is it me, or is it nearly impossible to get Skill Points in practice as RB? Im doing good, real good. In games, I avg 8.0 yds a carry (im 3rd string) and was recruited by Alabama ... but in practice, the OLine can't block to save its live and I barely get a yard or 2 most of the time.

Any tricks anybody can share? I don't wanna be a 3rd string for my 4 years there haha.

2. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

yea it sucks, you just have to break off I think 10+ yards to get points, or somehow score a touchdown

3. thatguy188

Well I guess I am doing a lil bit better now ... no more Sprint button seems to be doing ok, gettin like 4-8 points now a practice.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    It helps to be more patient in practice, especially if you have a faster back.

When you play the game your sliders are activated, so it can make it play a bit different.

5. justadude

justadude Walk On

Yeah, I had this problem too, but kept at it and finally made second string. I thought I would be getting maybe 6 - 8 carries a game for the Crimson Tide, but no, I got to block on FGs and PATs. However in a top 5 showdown the Starter got hurt and I got to play middle of the 1st Quarter.

The result: 25-136-2 and 6 catches for 88 yards.

Now I am back to blocking on FGs and PATs.... :)

6. thatguy188

lol justa ... sounds like me. But I did make 2nd string finally and on my way to 1st .... but like you said, Im also back to blocking FGs lol.

7. justadude

justadude Walk On

I went from one practice to the next, skipping the evening event. Made starting and now all the cpu calls are passes. *shrug* just like my RTG WR team calls only runs...

8. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

why if i play as RB i go to TN/UGA/WISC/GA TECH... if i play as a WR i go to CNCY/HAWAII/ND/SMU... sucks you have to only play at the pass happy/run happy school, but oh well at least youre involved...

ive kind of stopped playing RTG altogether... for these reason...

"E"

9. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

Yeah, if you're a WR then they call mostly runs, if you're a RB then they call a lot of passes. It drives me crazy. I haven't made a RB this year, but I'm finishing my QB Mark Richardson with Alabama then I'll go to RB. I did a RB in every game before this one. I know what you mean about the points though.

10. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

I started a RTG to get better at running the ball but stopped before hs tourney was over

what do i look like a moron?

11. justadude

justadude Walk On

yeah, I probably should have thought of that before hand instead of picking my college on account of the uniforms. :)