NCAA 11 Rules and Description Thread (ALL REPLY)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

NCAA 11 Rules and Description Thread (ALL REPLY)

The thread is now up for our rules and regulations for the Legacy. Everyone please read and sign here that you have read and understand. I need to hear from everyone before we start in NCAA 11.

Feel free to post any questions in this thread. Thanks

Still need to hear from:

DJ391
    RECCHEM2000
    NOLEnBLUE

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

sounds good to me...I made that banner btw...had to get something out of all that time wasted

3. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I have read the rules and agree to them.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Read and agreed. But a couple of suggestions and I realize until we play the game the rules can;t be set.

1. 6 minute quarters might have to get bumped to 7-8 minutes with the new play clock running off

2. How about mics? Would anyone be opposed to implemnting them. You don't have to carry on a conversation, just keep them on and muted. When something needs to be discussed it can be....

5. Hova

Ya quarters may get bumped up if that is the case, and Mic's would be a good idea for that, I think most of us have them

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Mics isn't a bad idea...

Mine just recently quit working so I have to get a new one soon

7. abolishthefed

Mics are a great idea. You guys might get tired of hearing me smoking cigars on the other end, though.

8. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

read and understood.

9. Hokie Effect

As long as we don't hear ya smoking any pole on the other end.......

Sorry but it was to easy not for me to say it.

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
  11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Read, everything sounds good for most part. I do agree with Hokie about looking at clock. Hard to tell with 2 minute quarters on demos but it does seem to take more time of clock between plays. Also I had a question on one item.

You should be allowed to chew clock within 2 minutes of 4th quarter as long as you have a lead. It shouldn't matter if you have a 2 score lead. I'd much rather have my opponent switch on chew clock than sit at line of scrimmage for 20 seconds between plays.

12. Hova

Ya I don't think most guys will care if you use chew clock late in the 4th

13. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Read and agree

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Another question on a different topic. What is policy on aggressive/conservative zone coverage? I use it in other leagues and it is fairly balanced.

15. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Read and agreed.

16. Hova

This is where is get's tough because I don't wanna make things confusing. I am hoping all of this stuff works better but I will never really trust aggressive Dline and Aggressive Strip. Maybe we can just ban those 2 but we will see once we have the game.

17. Hova

Another Note for NCAA 11.... If the Heisman logic is not fixed (WR being the top 5 no matter what) then we will not honor it, we will completely ignore it and run our own hiesman voting on the forums.

18. Hokie Effect

I guess your right......even though I am about to pick up my 3rd Heisman from 3 different WR's.....

We did the same thing in the TF:SE and called it an MVP award.

19. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

i'm good with chew clock being allowed at any time in the 4th with the lead. nothing cheese about that in my opinion.

i like the mic idea, but if you hear a BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz in the background, that not a vyvuzela, that's my wife yelling at me about playing too much XBOX.

20. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Thats funny mine sounds like NAGNAGNAGNAGNAGNAGNAGNAG

21. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Yeah, it could be like real life. Just give the Heisman to the guy with the most inflated stats, on the highest ranked team.

Seriously though, I think Heisman (or MVP) voting would be better off in the hands of the players rather then the computer.

22. abolishthefed

Question - How do you turn on chew clock?

23. Hova

I think chew clock is conservative for the "tempo" gameplan setting and aggressive makes your guys get to the line faster but fatigue faster

24. Hokie Effect

Have you thought about how we would handle rotating 2 QB's. Now that you can see what # at each position your opponent would see a change in QB. I don't think it would be necassary to regulate it as much as before when you couldn't tell if there was a QB change.

Just a thought as I am thinking about implementing 2 QB's, especially if I will be running a lot of read options. I am cursed for having starting QB's go down with injury. So I figure I could cut down on the possibility if I am rotating my QB's.

25. Hova

Ya that is possible but we still can't have guys switching QBs every other play, in real life that would ruin tempo/gameplan while in game they will still execute like nothing is changing. We can pry limit it to how many times a drive you can do it or how many consecutive plays.