NCAA 11: Season 1 (2010)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

NCAA 11: Season 1 (2010)

Sunday Night

Week 1
    Column 1 Column 2
    Team Opponent
    Alabama Colorado
    Florida @ Miami
    Florida State BYE
    Michigan @ Vanderbilt
    Nebraska @ Western Kentucky
    Notre Dame @ Army
    Ohio State Marshall
    Oregon BYE
    Texas @ Rice
    USC @ Hawaii
    West Virginia @ Arizona
    Virginia Tech Boise State

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Michigan: 27, Vanderbilt: 34

Not only did I lose the game but I lost Tate Forcier for 4 weeks and Troy Woolfolk (best CB) for 2 weeks.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

My man.......:confused:

Noles, go ahead and put in my big 10 title trophy request please. I plan on lining up about 10 of them...my shit's gonna look like Bruce80's used to by the time the next game comes out :D

5. BDSDIGITAL

Ohio State 63 - Marshall 10

They actually played pretty well all things considered. Marshall managed a little over 300 yards of offense and their RB had 20 some carries for almost a hundred yards.. My offense was smokin' though. T.Washington had 2 receiving td's and a punt return td, Pryor threw for like 250 and 3 td's and Saine had 150 and 3 td's.

6. Bondzai

I'll just go ahead and tell you how to beat me. Run no-huddle offense the whole game, I can't stop it.

7. BDSDIGITAL

I won't do you like that, that's a gay way to play.

8. Bondzai

Tell that to the CPU.

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Texas blasts Rice 58-0.

Gilbert looked a little shaky in his first career start against Rice and their 4-2-5 only completing 9/14 for 146 yards. Although, 3 of those were for TD, and he didnt throw a pick (good news there). HB Fozzy Whittaker started the game and went for 158yd on 15 attempts with 2TD. Tre Newton's first touch of the year went 30 yards for a TD. He and Cody Johnson both went for 65+ yards. Leading the receiving corps would be Malcolm Williams who left early but was able to snag 3 catches for 85yd and 2TD.

It was a total team effort on defense, and the backups had better stats than the starters. Texas forced 3 fumbles and held Rice to 173 yards of total offense.

Next week the Longhorns play a rematch of the epic 2005 National Championship and will have to bring their A-game to knock off a USC squad anxious to re-assert its' dominance over the CFB landscape.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Florida 21
    Miami 18

That is not a typo. I had trouble moving the ball on offense and an interception TD is probably the only reason I won this game. The Gators did not trail at any point of this game but Miami just wouldn't go away. Brantley completed less than 50% of his passes but he did have long TD passes to Rainey (61 yards) and Hines (60 yards). Demps didn't give him much help, averaging under 5 per carry. Florida will need to play better next week against a dangerous Nebraska team.

Full recap with pics and videos will be added to team thread, probably tomorrow. Right now I need to practice some offensive plays.

11. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Bama came into this game with their ears pinned back. The defense was led by Donta Hightower (10 tackles, 9 solo, 1 TFL) and a young secondary that stepped up and made big plays with turnovers. Robby Green, BJ Scott, & Demarcus Milliner each had 1 INT.

On the offensive side of the ball, Bama was near perfect. Greg McElroy (14-16, 219 Yds, 2 TD) earned POG honors but the big playmakers on offense were Alabama's running back stable. Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, & Eddie Lacy combined for 310 yards and 3 TDs averaging 10.7 yards per carry.

12. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

#7 VIRGINIA TECH SPOILS #5 BOISE STATE'S SEASON IN HOME OPENER

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    VIRGINIA TECH HOKIES

#7 VIRGINIA TECH SPOILS #5 BOISE STATE'S SEASON IN HOME OPENER

[​IMG]
    Senior QB Tyrod Taylor led the Hokies to an impressive 45-22 win.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VIEW ARTICLE, PHOTOS, & VIDEOS HERE!

The #7 Virginia Tech Hokies (1-0,0-0) started the season out with an impressive win over the Boise St. Broncos at FedEx Field. Despite speculation that a very inexperienced Hokie defense wouldn't be able to hold up against a powerful Boise State offense, the did just well enough to hold the Broncos to only 22 points. The Hokies defense forced two key turnovers which changed the path of the game.

The game was relatively tight until the Hokies exploded for 21 unanswered points in the 2nd on 7 and 8 yard runs by the running back tandemof the nation, Ryan Williams and Darren Evans. Tyrod Taylor connected with WR Boykin for a 15 yard TD, 16 seconds before the half.

Forty five seconds in to the second half CB Hosley picked off a Kellen Moore curl and took it 58 yards for the score bringing the score to 31-10. The Boise State Broncos would put up a battle the duration of the game but was unable to hold the potent Virginia Tech offense as they scored another 14 points the remaining 13 minutes of the game.

Tyrod Taylor was awarded player of the game going 14-28 with 242 passing yards and 2 TDs, while rushing for 30 yards on 2 carries.

The #7 Virginia Tech Hokies (1-0,0-0) now look forward to a bye next week to shore up some last minute personnel changes before their highliy anticipated matchup with #2 Ohio State in Week 3.

[​IMG]

13. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

WVU beats Arizona 35-14 at Arizona.

Devine ran for over 150 yards and 3 TDs. The score after the 1st quarter was 14-14, then my defense woke up and finally made some good plays. I'm definitely not that sharp at this game yet. I need some more practice under my belt.

Recap, stats, and a few videos on the dynastywire

14. KnightNoles

Notre Dame - 31
    Army - 0

Still trying to figure out how to get on Dynasty Wire to do some stuff, should have it figured out by end of season.
    ND dominates Army, led by POTG Dayne Crist going 17 of 30 for 242 yds, 3 TD's and 0 INT's. Michael Floyd had 2 of those TD's along with 7 for 117 and Kyle Rudolph had the 3rd TD with 7 for 99.
    CB Robert Blanton led the D with 2 INT's and Manti Te'o had 7 tackles, 3 for loss.

15. KnightNoles

reserved for beazus game... Post and I will edit it here

16. KnightNoles

reserved for twist game.. post and I will edit it here

17. KnightNoles

Wednesday Night

Week 2
    Showdown Saturday I
    Column 1 Column 2
    Team Opponent
    Alabama Penn State
    Florida Nebraska
    Florida State @ Oklahoma
    Michigan @ Notre Dame
    Nebraska @ Florida
    Notre Dame Michigan
    Ohio State Miami
    Oregon Tennessee
    Texas @ USC
    USC Texas
    West Virginia @ Marshall
    Virginia Tech BYE

Papa's Drunken Predictions

18. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Notre Dame - 31
    Army - 0

Still trying to figure out how to get on Dynasty Wire to do some stuff, should have it figured out by end of season.
    ND dominates Army, led by POTG Dayne Crist going 17 of 30 for 242 yds, 3 TD's and 0 INT's. Michael Floyd had 2 of those TD's along with 7 for 117 and Kyle Rudolph had the 3rd TD with 7 for 99.
    CB Robert Blanton led the D with 2 INT's and Manti Te'o had 7 tackles, 3 for loss.

19. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Tennessee @ #4 Oregon

--Lost both my starting quarterback and running back in the first quarter. Their halfback Poole had 23 carries for 203 yards and 3 touchdowns. That includes 135 yards after contact and 13 broken tackles. Not real happy with my team going into next weeks user game against West Virginia.

20. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

West Virginia 45 - Marshall 0

Ahhh...the Friends of Coal Bowl, what an exciting game. Coming in WVU was 9-0 all time against their in-state rival, Marshall, and they are now 10-0 thanks to the severe thumping the Mountaineers laid on the Thundering Herd. Noel Devine backed up his impressive week 1 performance with another 100+ yard day and ran for a TD.

The big news coming out of this game, however, is the injury to WVU starting quarterback Geno Smith. Smith took a shot on a speed option and suffered bruised ribs. He will be out for 3 weeks, which will likely put him out of action in the games against Oregon, LSU, and Virginia Tech, the toughest 3 game stretch of the season. Pat White's younger brother, Coley, came into the game in relief of Smith and played very well. Could White version 2.0 & Devine rival what WVU had several years ago in White & Slaton? We'll see in the next few weeks.

21. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

The Trojans pull out a close victory over the Rainbow Warriors 36-19. QB Matt Barkley had a solid game, going 14/22 for 150 yards and 1 td, but the main story was the RB situation in that Allen Bradford did the hard work, going 29 for 97 yards but backups Marc Tyler went 7 for 96 yards and a td, including an 80 yarder to break the game wide open. Backup Gable also had a good run and went 7 for 55 yards and a td.

22. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

The Trojans lose a heart breaker on thier home field to Texas and their outstanding Coach Max 26-21. The Longhorns made the plays when they needed to and the big play was a pick 6 deep in the Trojan zone by LB Keenan Robinson gave a lead that would never be given up!

QB Matt Barkley had a very good game, going 13/21 for 158 yards and 2 tds and 2 ints, but made some key throws and with some help from his receivers converted some huge third downs. RB Allen Bradford went 19 for 128 and a td, including a 50 yard scamper to paydirt.

WR Rob Johnson had a great game with spectacular catches, going 5 catches for 63 yards and a td. WR Brice Butler also had 5 catches for 77 yards and 1 td.

The D played a solid game, led by MLB Chris Galippo, who had 9 tackles and 1 tfl.

Great game Coach Max and I hope to rematch it next season!!!

23. BDSDIGITAL

#2 Ohio State 37 #18 Miami 7

Miami had nothing. The stats are really deceiving for this game as Miami probably picked up 150 of their 350 in the 4th qtr against my 2nd team defense, they also scored their lone TD against the 2nd team.

On offense Terrelle Pryor looked very sharp, however ended up only 7-18 116yds and 1 td, but also ran 7 times for 61 yards. I know 7-18 doesn't sound very sharp, but he had 2 different passes dropped that would have went for 6, and had 3 or 4 other passes get dropped. It was ridiculous. He was on point though, it wasn't his fault.

Brandon Saine had 18 rushes, 84 yards and 1 td. Both Terrelle and Brandon came out late in the 3rd qtr as a precaution since they both had a few minor injuries during the game. It just wasn't worth the risk to keep them in the game with road games in Blacksburg and Lincoln the next two weeks.

The defense bent a little at times just like they did against Marshall, but came up with big plays when they needed them, and were straight shutting Miami down on 3rd down and Jacory Harris was getting hit left and right.

Next week is a huge game vs. Virginia Tech.

24. KnightNoles

Florida State walks away from Norman 1-0

[​IMG]

Photos, Videos and Story click here

Florida State traveled to Norman, Oklahoma to open the 2010 season. The first quarter was a battle of field position and getting to know each others style. Demarco Murray broke the tie, running 72 yards for pay dirt. The Seminoles responded in the 2nd quarter with Christian Ponder hitting Jarmon Fortson for a 55 yard TD. Jermaine Thomas added another TD to put the Noles up 14-7. The Sooners drove back down the field in their 2 minute offense and tied the game with 0:43 left. Florida State wanted to take the lead into halftime and responded by scoring their own TD with 0:01 left, pushing the score to 21-14 Noles.
    The Noles opened up with the ball and turned the ball over on downs allowing Oklahoma to score a short field TD forcing another tie. Ponder and the Noles came back and hit Willie Haulstead on a 49 yard catch and score. The Noles would then add another score with Ponder hitting Bert Reed on a 12 yard TD pass to end the 3rd, 35-21 Noles.
    Jermaine Thomas started the 4th quarter with a 6 yard TD run, pushing the lead to 42-21. Oklahoma's Murray took a 3 yard run in for the score. FSU would score the final 14 points of the game, Ponder to HB Ty Jones for 8 yards and the Ponder to TE Beau Reliford a 12 yard TD pass.

Christian Ponder passed 21 of 31 for 381 yards with 5 TDs and 0 INTs
    Jermaine Thomas ran 32 times for 136 yards with 2 TDs
    Bert Reed led the FSU receivers with 4 rec while Willie Haulstead led in yards with 87. 5 different Nole receivers caught each of Ponder's TD passes.
    Nigel Bradham tallied 12 tackles, 9 solo and 3 assits
    Ochuko Jenije picked off 2 passes, Greg Reid and Lamarcus Joyner took away 1 a piece.

Next week the Noles travel to Alabama to take on the #1 Tide behind Coach Papa Perry.

[​IMG]

25. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Texas goes out West and steals an important early-season W from the Trojans.

This defensive battle was intense from start to finish. The intensity was jump-started by a 50 yard TD rush by USC's Allen Bradford. Texas would then drive all the way inside the USC 5yd line, but settle for a Field Goal. From then on it would be a back and forth game until Keenan Robinson capitalized on a Barkley error, and took an errant pass to the house. That pick-6 would ultimately give the Longhorns the edge. The only real hiccup for UT, beside the opening drive 50yd run, would be losing Gilbert in the 2nd quarter. Coach Max decided to not risk anything and benched his #1 QB for the rest of the game. With Gilbert on the bench, Texas would turn to the ground game and not attempt a single pass in the 2nd half.

In a press conference after the game Coach Max summed up the game nicely for Longhorn fans saying "I wouldnt want to play that one again". This one really could have gone either way.

Great game Twist. Well played and I look forward to hosting next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.