NCAA '11: Season 1 - Scores (Part 2)

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Shaun Mason, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    NCAA '11: Season 1 - Scores (Part 2)

Since we hijacked the scores thread, here we go.

2. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Ohio State - 21
    Purdue - 14

Ohio State wins behind a solid effort from Brandon Saine. The defense again saves the offenses bacon, holding Purdue to 14 first half points and nothing after the half. Saine finds the endzone twice and Pryor hooks up with Taurian Washington for a passing TD.

3. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Booooo.....but at least they made it respectable at the Shoe! haha

4. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Well, I guess Psycho will get it in tomorrow...bed time for me.

5. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

#20 Clemson 10
    @ Boston College 24

BC goes up 10-0 after getting a TD in the 2nd quarter. I proceed to move down field only to be faced with a 4th and inches at the BC 17. My line cannot move the pile an inch and we turn it over. Still 10-0 to start the 3rd with Clemson receiving the ball.

On the 2nd play of the half, a pass to a wide open TE is tipped at the line and intercepted. To add insult to injury, a 15 yard facemask is called and BC is set up inside the red zone right away. 17-0 BC. Clemson drives right down the field facing a 3rd and goal at the 6, but they cannot punch it in so they settle for 3. 17-3 going heading to the 4th.

BC moves just into Clemson territory early in the 4th, but miss a 51 yard FG trying to go up three scores. With a bit of momentum, the Tigers move right down the field and are set up with a 2nd and goal inside the 1. HB dive. Nothing. QB sneak. Nothing. FB dive. Turnover on downs. Clemson has the door slammed in their face again denying them any points.

The bad field position did help force an interception by the Clemson defense, and the offense was finally able to score making it 17-10 with just over 2 minutes to play. However, BC completed a big pass to get a 1st after a couple Clemson timeouts. Then, BC's backup freshman HB delivered the knock out blow with a 60 yard run breaking 2 or 3 tackles on the way.

This marks the 3rd loss for Clemson in the ACC, and thus will look to play spoiler the rest of the way out.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

FSU 35
    NCSU 6

Seminole nation rejoices as the 2010 team finally finds success running the ball, racking up 175 yards on 35 carries. Christian Ponder threw for 169 and 3 td's in the win.

I had a restart. In my first game, midway thru the 3rd quarter tied at 14, there was a glitch and Ponder ran 45 yards for a safety on a PA pass play. I don't have any highlights or anything to support this, I was pretty PO'd and restarted right away. I hope that was okay.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm not going to take offense at your restart since it should be fixed in a week. Once the patch comes that avenue as an excuse for a restart closes anyway.

8. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

***Week 8***

Georgia 13
    Kentucky 10

Dynasty Wire finally let me edit a story, so the story is on there.

As for the future....

Good news is if I win the last two SEC games, I'm in the SEC Champinship game. The Bad news is both games are users. The holy sh!t that sucks news is, the one user game is Florida. Don't like my chances of getting to the SEC Championship game, but then again, we strive for reality in this OD, and what's more realistic then another Florida blowout of Georgia, on their way to another SEC-East Title.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I've got a similar situation. Currently 5-0 in SEC play, but have to play Georgia and Alabama after Ole Miss this week. Bama has 2 losses right now and I can't bank on them losing any game besides ours, which I am DEFINITELY not baking on.

Should be very interesting to see how the SEC shakes out!

10. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Florida Wins Soggy Wet Cocktail Party

#17 UGA 28
    #6 UF 41

This game was much closer than the score indicates as the Gators added some meaningless points late, unless you're in vegas of course. Both teams get stopped on their opening drives then Florida would find pay dirt first as Demps carried it in from 16 yards out. UGA would respond when Murray connected with King to knot it up. UF would add a FG before half to make it 7-10.

The third quarter UF jumped out big scoring 14 unanswered off a fumble by QB Murray. UGA wouldn't get rattled though as they answered back with 14 unanswered to take it into the 4th only trailing 3.

The Gators opened the 4th with a 20 yd TD pass from Brantley to Hammond. But UGA would respond when All American AJ Green made Moses Jenkins look silly as he dashed by him for an 85 yd TD to come within 3 again.

Then, it happened. UGA kicked off to speedster Chris Rainey and he said "get your popcorn ready!" as he weaved in and out of traffic and out raced the UGA kickoff coverage for a 102 yard TD return that broke the bulldogs spirit. UGA would be stopped on their next possession and UF would add another FG to seal the victory.

Tough game for my Gators. Coach Psycho and UGA came into this one with the mindset that they wouldn't let Demps beat them on the ground and they executed their gameplan well holding Demps to 41 yds on 14 attempts. However, the Gators adapted as they found ways to get Demps the ball in space, he caught 4 balls for 76 yds.

POG
    UF John Brantley 209.6 rating, 20/28 343 yds, 3 TDs 0 INTs (put that in the MVP race for a user game!!!)

UGA HB Carlton Thomas 15 carries, 206 yds, TD (couldn't stop this SOB!!!)

Great game from coach Psycho and the bulldogs. I'm not looking forward to playing that squad in a couple years as Murray grows up. Anybody see how crazily overrated he is? Everyone has UGA with a ? at QB. EA gives them a RS Froshie that's better than most upperclassmen. Geez!

11. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

The Baylor offense forgot to show up for the trip to Austin, as Texas blanks the Bears 45-0.

12. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Game was closer then it looked, however no matter how close it got or looked, despite my best efforts you still controlled the game.

Here's the deal against Florida, if you make a mistake, bad play call, bad execution, someone does something wonky... it's going to cost you.

- First drive I throw a deep ball to A.J Green after getting his defense to suck in... he catches it, then drops it for an incompletion on Florida's 10 because of a good strip by the DB.
    - His first drive, I called a defensive play designed to "make the flats look good" however in reality I have my best CB sitting there ready for a pick six... he throws it to the flats... ??? yup 15 hard catch and run by his receiver. (That's the first video I saved) On his next play I screw up and leave an entire side open to a run... TD for Florida.
    - I go down 24-7 because on third down and 15 from my own 17, my MLB allows a pass over his head without reacting to it.
    - I battle back to 24-21, only to pre-snap accidentally hit my CB which then stops him around the OLB spot... I tried to show man, then pull it off to move him back into position but... nope. Florida snaps it, hits the wide open man on the sidelines and boom, I'm down by 10 again.
    - I once again get it back to 3 points, kickoff, get out of position and... sh!t. back down.

Good game Gator, tried my best, but I just ran out of gas trying to keep up with you.

On the bright side the Anal Wiener Roast was one hell of a game, and a damn good way to kick off a nice little rivalry.

Oh, I reread the post and it seems like I'm pulling the "If it wasn't for (insert lame ass excuse), I would have won." However what this post is about is trying to emphasize the point, if you play Florida you must play a perfect game, or you will lose.

13. GoGators

I shouldn't of thrown that ball. If you watch the highlight, the CB (impact player) even bats the ball, but it still ends up in my TEs hands and he catches it. I know the feeling of this one. I had a ball go right through my hands like this in HS where I'd a walked in for 6 only to have it hit the opposing teams WR in the chest and he catches it and goes 40 yds for the TD :(

I didn't see you accidentially click on the CB. I thought it was something where your guys got confused cause you were using a lot of pre-snap movement to try to disguise stuff. I realized after the play what happened so I gotta apologize for that one. I believe you scored after this to even it back out so I don't think it changed the outcome of the game, but I am sorry about that one.

That kick return couldn't of come at a better time.

Great playcall too on the AJ Green bomb. Flipping him sides to matchup with my #2 CB was genius and I didn't even think of the mismatch I was giving you over there until it was too late. Touche on that one bud.

And agreed, this should be a fun rivalry. I'm going to need bigger DT's to stop your running game.

14. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

No apologies necessary, it's the drawback of all the coverage and blitz disguises that I do. Just like real life these cute little moves designed to confuse offenses... somethimes wind up biting the defense in the butt.

I didn't do that for the match up, that's one of the unfortunate side effects of that 1 WR 2TE formation. I would have loved for your #1 CB to be over there, if my best guy can't beat your best guy, I don't deserve to win those one on one battles and get TDs that way. The formation was flipped to give me more room for me to throw a directional ball away from your safeties, so that it was either going to get caught by Green, or it was going to be an incompletion. After A.J.'s release and reading the coverage, I didn't need to do anything but float it on the money. (y)

What makes this game so great for me was I wondering if I was going to have to switch offenses. The 70-80's Oakland Raider ball "Pound, pound, pound, BOMB!" offense is a hell of a lot of fun, and if it only worked against the cpu and not against users, then I would have to play a different scheme against users, and would have had to ditch it because of my dislike for inconsistency's in user games vs cpu games. However 206 yards on 15 carries, and 7 completions for 2 TDs and 163 yards... yup, that's about right.

Fun damn offense to run, glad I don't have to find a new scheme.

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    #5 Ohio State - 28
    Minnesota - 25

Ohio State survives another close game after Terrell Pryor ends up in the endzone from 6 yards out with less than a minute to go. The Buckeye offense was once again pathetic in the air, Pryor ended up 9-21 for 86 yards and an interception. Brandon Saine failed to reach the century make but Boom Herron had 55 yards in relief. The Buckeyes were completely inept on defense also, if not for turnovers the Buckeyes would have been laughed out of Minnesota.

16. GoGators

Minnesota probably holds the all time big 10 record for closest upsets ever. Growing up in Michigan, it always seemed like Minnesota would lose the easy ones and have extremely close games when they were underdogs. I guess kind of like Michigan State too.

17. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

18. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Miami gets DOMINATED by Virginia

This makes absolutely no sense. It's like my QB is so crappy he makes the WRs not get open. Berry could not run at all, he avg 3 yards a carry. I had FIVE fumbles on the day that ALL went to Virginia. When my WRs did get open they had SEVEN drops. all the other passes were thrown 20 feet away from the WRs by my QB. The CPU kept throwing to the HB wide open all day and some crappy WR who avg 20 yds a catch. It's like this team went from playing great to complete garbage in 2 weeks. I have no idea what to do

19. jello1717

I thought about how to say this without sounding like a prick and decided there's probably no way other than to try to assure you that I don't mean it like that at all. I then contemplated just not saying anything at all (which I did do after the loss to UNC) but also decided against that too.

I'm kind of glad that Miami is losing some games. While I think that a Miami team led by Jacory Harris can play with just about any team in the country, I REALLY don't think that a Miami team led by a 65 OVR, 40 AWR, 80 THP, 77 THA true FR should be beating many teams at all unless you can just pound the hell out of the rock and not have to rely on him.

I certainly know how you feel about losing Harris as my QB injuries were well documented in last year's OD so I definitely feel for you, but at least I was fortunate enough to have capable backups. However, from a realism standpoint, I'm happy to see a team can't rely on a 65 OVR true FR QB to pull out wins for them. The same holds true for Florida. If Brantley were to go down, I'd be discouraged if Burton were able to lead them to win after win after win.

20. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Agreed. That's why I called the season after Harris went down. Weird how I was rolling for about 6 games though and then just hit a wall. Ah well.

On another note, Michigan CANNOT win the title already, Please save us all Shaun.

If not I will have to make a trip to the BIG HOUSE next year

21. jello1717

I don't understand why Michigan has so many haters. I even realized this until I joined this site.

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I don't know if I can beat jello, I am struggling with this years game. That said, people hate Michigan because they typically have bitch ass fans. Not you jello, but many of them. I feel the same way about Notre Dame. I have a buddy at work who is a huge ND fan, and he seriously looked me in the eye and told me last year they were going to the BCS National Championship. I printed off a schedule and we went down it and marked wins and I came out with 6 wins...he got so pissed off and was like "C'mon, Navy?!?! There isn't a team on here with our talent!" Not only is he a homer, but football ignorant.

23. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

As a huge Notre Dame fan, that guy at your office is what makes me cringe. Clearly, he doesn't know shit about football if he thought we were going to the 'Ship, haha. When I went through ND's schedule last year, I came out with 8 wins.

Fuck Michigan.

----------

Auburn - 23
    Ole Miss - 10

Auburn Benefits from Poor Ole Miss Coaching

Yet another team on the Auburn schedule gave the Tigers a game today by poor coaching moves. Houston Nutt lived up to his last name today as the Rebels went for it on 4th down 4 different times, and only converted once. Two of these 4th downs would have been easy, chip-shot field goal attempts and would have possibly kept momentum on their side. Turnovers were the story for both teams today as each quarterback threw 3 interceptions. The huge difference in this stat is that Auburn took an interception back for a touchdown, and Ole Miss couldn't convert any of their interceptions into points.

From an offensive standpoint, it was a brutal day for Auburn. The rushing attack was virtually non-existent as Onterrio McCallebb continues to nurse a sore back (3 more weeks). In total the Auburn attack averaged a miserable 2.11 YPC, with Freshman HB Michael Dyer only gaining 48 yards on 27 carries. The lack of running game was no more evident then when the Tigers were running the clock out late in the game deep in Ole Miss territory. After two straight facemask penalties against the Rebels, Auburn was set up with a first and goal from the 4. With Ole Miss calling time outs and having aggressive strip ball on, Auburn was poised to punch a touchdown in and put the nail in the coffin, but they were stuffed three straight plays and settled for a field goal.

When asked about the offense that has been so up and down this season, Coach Basis said that the team is really trying to find their groove. "We're an interesting group on offense. We have a lot of talent and can play different styles of offense to allow us to win games. Right now it is really just a lot to do with us doing what we need to do to win, and not worrying about putting up huge numbers. Eventually we'll find a style of play and stick to it as we build the program through recruiting, but for now, we are going to keep adjusting to how the defense is going to play us week in, week out."

With the win, Auburn moves to 8-1 (6-0) on the season and looks to crack the Top 25 for the first time all year. A win in either of their last two conference games (Georgia and 'Bama, both users) will clinch a trip to Atlanta for the Tigers. It won't be easy, and the team will have a home game against ECU this week to prepare for their last two.

Video 1: Ole Miss' QB Stanley is intercepted by Demond Washington, his first of two on the day
    Video 2: Cam Newton finds Darvin Adams for a somewhat lucky touchdown, as the Ole Miss corner (or safety) goes for the miracle knock-down allowing Adams in behind all the coverage
    Video 3: Under heavy pressure, Stanley is hit while throwing and the ball floats right into the waiting hands of Josh Bynes who takes it all the way for a touchdown to make it 20-10 Auburn

24. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Oh yeah, I forgot to add -- I had 30 yards of offense in the first half. That was fun.

25. GoGators

Perhaps MSU was an aberration???