NCAA '11: Season 2 - Scores

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Aug 23, 2010.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

I lose a bullsh!t game, got picked off out of bounds and the refs call it fair wtf is that crap, then an obvious fumble when his knee was down doesn't get overturned. I don't get why all the calls were botched. Looks like a loooooong season if this is how things are going to go. Wouldn't let me save any highlights at all either.

Other than that Richardson had a good outing with over 100yds and a score. He's proved to be quite agile and speedy but sucks in the RZ when we needed him most. Ira Harris also felt the pigskin but ended up losing 4 yards. New starting QB McCarron got the yards but didn't play well on long downs or again, when we needed him most. I guess the curse from Jello is still alive and well hahaha

3. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

#24 Clemson 23
    vs #16 Pitt 38

A close game throughout. Early in the 4th, Clemson scored a TD to make it 28-23 Pitt. They elected to go for the 2 point conversion but failed. On the ensuing kick off, the Pitt returner fumbled and Clemson was set up inside the Panther's 20 yard line. On the very next play, Clemson QB Kyle Parker threw a pick 6. 35-23 Pittsburgh. Then the dirt bag CPU kicked a FG as time expired to run it up a little more.

Not a good start for 2011. Too many turnovers and not enough stops on 3rd down.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Dang, 2 users go down in week 1. Better be on my game vs Washington.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

6. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Georgia 23
    Louisville 6

Defense shocked the Sugar Bowl out of me. They look faster, meaner, and deadlier then I expected... offense just looked ok, Murray looked bad. Had two throws picked off were he well over threw an open guy, saved one of the low lights.

Looks like if Georgia is going to win this year the D needs to hold everyone under 20.

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Auburn - 24
    TCU - 17

I'll do a more in-depth writeup tomorrow at lunch, but we were able to pull a rabbit out of the hat in this game down in Ft. Worth. We overachieved yet again on defense on the strength of mainly one play: an intercepted option pitch for a TD that proved to be the difference.

8. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Make sure you keep pulling those rabbits out so that when you come east to Athens you're fresh out of those bastards.

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    #1 Ohio State 55
    Akron 13

The score was lopsided, but I wasn't happy with how my team played. My offense was lethargic, and my defense gave up a TON of yards. The defense DID force a ton of turnovers and got in the backfield a bunch. Pryor started off rocky again, with 2 interceptions. My top two HB's got hurt for the game, so my 3rd stringer put up a 70 yard game for me. If I don't play better against Miami I am going to get smoked.

10. Dru50

Texas goes on the road and overcomes a sluggish start on both sides of the ball to beat #5 Washington 42-9. Great red zone defense, and a fierce pass rush by the defensive line in the final 3 quarters allowed new starting QB Connor Wood to settle in and get a big win to open 2011.

Connor Wood completed 11-20 passes for 187 yards and a TD, including a nice 35 yard streak to WR Marquise Goodwin. Fozzy Whittaker added 115 yards and a TD on the ground.

The defense was led by the line, who pressured the Washington QB's and HB's to the tune of 3 sacks and 2 FF, one of which was returned for a TD.

BTW - It was nice to see how much the Big 10 guys challenged themselves in week 1. Akron and Eastern Michigan? Come on, you guys are better than that.

11. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Relax, that is a challenge for the BigTen. (y)

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Ohio State got #15 Stanford in week 3 and Michigan gets defending nation champion #8 WVU in week 3. I tried to give everyone one of these games.

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Beating up on Louisville was so much more impressive!

14. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Last National Champion came from that elite conference. :D

Besides, Georgia's offense this year isn't much better then sluggish, inept, and under-talented squads the BigTen puts on display every saturday on ESPN, so I'll take the heat for only playing Louisville. :D

15. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Hey I took #19 Utah to the woodshed.

16. Dru50

Wow, who knew the Big 10 was so defensive about their strength of schedule?

17. jello1717

I still don't see your new fangled playbook listed. What's aOSU running this year?

18. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

People with Napoleon complexes are very touch about there short comings.

BTW Shaun, I do realize my trash talking has just bought me a lifetime of powerhouses for my OOC games, and one game in which everyone has a bye and you jack cpu sliders through the roof for that week. (y)

19. jello1717

Oh yeah. And I'll go ahead and give you guys a couple of years notice. When Devin Gardner gets to take over @ QB for me, you'd better watch out. He and the rest of my 2nd teamers played the entire 2nd half and he started his career off with one hell of a start!

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Syracuse

21. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

# Miami 33
    Nevada 7

F!CK, my good players always get hurt in the first QTR of these cupcake games, WR Benjamin out for 3 weeks, once again Miami heads into a User game with there biggest weapon knocked out, fml. The offense was actually lackluster in this game while the defense Dominated. We had 3 INTs and 2 Pick 6's plus a FF. I benched all of the starters at halftime. Miami heads home next week to host the buckeyes, this time with Harris but without Benjamin. Hopefully the defense can play well again.

22. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Oklahoma St 35
    Boise St 28

The Cowboys went into the land of potatoes as the underdog but leave victorious. Oklahoma State was confident they would win going into the game but it was the manner in which they won that left even Coach Big Suge Knight a little surprised. "We wanted to run the ball effectively going into a harsh environment and playing such a talented you dont want to get into a shootout no matter who you are." Control the game the Cowboys did, as they rushed the ball 30 times on the afternoon, eating up 18 plus minutes of clock. Boise State managed 13 minutes of offensive clock time. Both teams threw an interception and coughed up a fumble in the game but the most telling stat is the 44 percent third down efficiency for Boise St. The Cowboys rushing attack was spearheaded By Travis Miller who racked up 130 yards on 20 carries including 63 yard scoring drive in the third quarter which broke the game open. Senior QB Brandon Weeden threw the ball 21 times with 18 completions for 308 yards and three touchdowns. Defensively the Cowboys gave up 304 total yards of offense to Kellen Moore and the Broncos high powered offense including a 57 yard heave down the sideline to T Cross to answer an 80 yards catch and run by Oklahoma State WR Josh Cooper. Next week Oklahoma State takes on Alabama in Stillwater.

23. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

#4 Wisc 7
    #2 UF 30

This game was scary. UF started out in full on domination mode of the #4 Wisconsin team. It looked like a complete mismatch from the start, apparently them big hogs from up north don't hold up well in the Florida heat. If it wasn't for Brantley getting picked twice on amazing plays by Wisconsins secondary, this one could of gotten real ugly as Wisconsin's only points came off an INT that was returned to the 2 yard line.

The most exciting part of this game was the revelation of Florida's young stars. WR Andre Debose, finally healed up after last year showed exactly what he's capable of. See the highlight of the TD catch he had. He broke ankles! On the other side of the ball, SO SS Matt Elam displayed his abilities as well. Even true FR CB Greer made a couple big plays in coverage by breaking up passes to end Wisconsins drives. And the upper classmen, did exactly as expected. JR DT Omar Hunter dominated the LOS and spent plenty of time in the backfield, Wisconsin's QB can vouch for just how hard the big boy hits too.

This season should be fun.

24. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Clemson 45
    @ Maryland 14

Clemson gets off to a nice start in the ACC on the road. The game was 17-7 Clemson at half, but Maryland scored early in the 3rd to make it a 3 point game. The game stayed tight until HB Jamie Harper scored a 3 yard TD with 53 seconds left in the 3rd. 24-14 Clemson. The Tigers went on to dominate the final quarter scoring 3 TDs with the last one coming on a fumble return with 38 seconds left.

Jamie Harper ran 23 times for 116 yards and 2 TDs and TE Dwayne Allen caught 5 passes for 83 yards and 2 TDs. Back up HB Andre Ellington had a 50 yard run where he spun past a defender in the backfield, made a move at the line, and almost took it the distance.

Next week the Tigers will host Troy.

25. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

FSU 20
    USC 7

The Noles traveled west to take on the Trojans, led by new QB EJ Manuel, who did not disappoint. Manuel threw for 255 yards and ran for 1 td. The Noles open ACC play in week 2 against Virginia.