NCAA 11: Season 4 (2013) Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Week 1

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

LSU opens with a bang, winning 62-10 vs TCU.

Remember these names for the Tigers - QB Zac Lee (458 yards passing, 5 TD), WR Kadron Boone (188 yards receiving 3 TD) and DE Keke Mingo (7 TFL and 6 sacks). Those guys are gonna make some noise this season.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

#2 Ohio State 35 - Cincinnati 7

Statistically this wasn't anything to write home about. We did thoroughly defeat the Bearcats though, which is good enough for week 1.

Guiton 15-25 208 1td 0 int
    Berry 20 -132 - 2td

We did lose our #1 CB Josh Tucker for 6 weeks though.

Next week we play Florida. Should be a great game.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Looks like we have our new Noles.

5. Dru50

Says the guy who ran up nearly 5000 yards passing with Garrett Gilbert in victory road. People in glass houses Cole......;)

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Texas beats UNC 38-31 and the score makes it seem much closer than it was.

They threw for 400yd on me, but no TDs lol

Whaley got injured and would not return leaving his numbers at 19ATT 95yd 2TD

Greg Timmons caught 5 passes for 121yd

Looks like everyone is primed and ready to go.
    Next week Bama ventures outside of the Southeastern United States and takes a road trip to Austin. The eyes of Texas will be upon Bama, and more specifically Bama's Sophomore RB Jason Robinson (who chose Bama over the Horns in a tight recruiting battle). This will make for the 3rd meeting in 2 seasons for these two programs, and this will be the first matchup on Texas soil.

Getcha popcorn

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

@Colemanchu

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

8. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Nebraska - 56
    Boston College - 7

Nebraska, armed with its most talented team in four years, came into this game with high expectations. Unfortunately, starting HB Donnie Robinson was injured on the first series and will miss at least 11 weeks. HB Braylon Heard filled in admirably by rushing for over 100 yards but will likely be unable to match the production of Robinson. Nebraska has a bye week before hosting Penn State in the home opener.

Player Of The Game - DE Marcus Louis - 4 Tackles - 2 Sacks - 2 Forced Fumbles - 1 Fumble Recovery

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Florida's high powered offense from last season was humbled by the Florida State defense, but the Gators defense was the best unit on the field. Josh Manning had a decent first game but it is clear he is no Jordan Reed. Manning finished with 192 yards passing and 2 TD. His only big mistake was an interception on the first drive of the game. That mistake did not cost Florida as Florida State threw a pick six on the next play. MLB Timothy Fields, 1 of 8 new starters on the Gator defense, made the grab and ran it back. Florida's offensive woes were not helped when newly appointed starting halfback Ryne Harris went down with an injury. He will miss at least the OSU and Texas games in weeks 2 and 3. Bobby Thomas played ok in relief pounding out 65 yards but no Gators' player averaged more than 4 yards per carry. Thomas caught 1 of the 2 touchdown passes thrown by Manning and his TD gave Florida a 24-0 lead right before halftime. The defense made sure the shutout held, they forced 4 turnovers and only allowed Florida State to get 108 yards through the air. The run defense was even better, giving up just 10 yards total. Discounting the 3 sacks, FSU rushed it 13 times for 28 yards.

Next up for Florida is a brutal stretch. They take on a high powered Ohio State team off a Rose Bowl win last year and then the reigning national champion Texas Longhorns. Coach Bravejaf stated, "we don't schedule cupcake games at the University of Florida anymore. Don't need 100 point wins against Southeast Arkansas State Tech. If we can win these games our bowl resume will be as impressive as any school in the country."

Offensive Player of the Game: Bobby Thomas 17 carries 65 yards; 2 receptions 20 yards 1 TD

Defensive Player of the Game: Timothy Fields 2 tackles 2 tackles for loss 1 interception 1 fumble forced 1 defensive TD

Florida 37
    Florida State 0

First Quarter
    03:51 TD Florida Timothy Fields MLB #59 52 yard interception
    00:41 FG Florida Brandon Grant P #8 36 yard field goal
    Second Quarter
    01:59 TD Florida Andre Debose WR #4 22 yard pass from Josh Manning QB #5
    00:01 TD Florida Bobby Thomas HB #47 14 yard pass from Josh Manning QB #5
    Third Quarter
    01:57 FG Florida Brandon Grant P #8 50 yard field goal
    Forth Quarter
    06:23 FG Florida Brandon Grant P #8 44 yard field goal
    00:11 TD Florida Sammie Moore HB #21 1 yard rush

10. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

ND - 56
    Buffalo - 6
    Summary of game to come tomorrow.

11. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

USC: 24 Georgia Tech: 6

The Trojans won against a tough GT team without the experience of Matt Barkley under helm. B. J. Charles had a solid game, going 11/17 for 172 and 2 tds with 1 int. RB Dillon Baxter had a big game, after finishing the season injured and had 18 rushed for 118 yards and a td.

CB Torrin Harris had 3 tackles and 2 ints to lead the defense.

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG]
    Texas Defends Turf, Title Against Tide
    Coach Max and the Longhorns pull off another come-from-behind victory against Coach Perry and the Alabama Crimson Tide. This time it was Texas' turn to play host, and the Burnt Orange were anything but hospitable. Game 3 between these two went a lot like the first and second. Plenty of offense, both teams responding to each others scores, and a dramatic finish.​
    Thanks to a 17-point 2nd quarter, Bama went into halftime with the lead 24-14. Texas would hold Bama scoreless in the 3rd and score 10 points making an even count 24-24 to start the 4th. Texas would kick a 57yd FG to take the lead 27-24 with 5:55 left in the game. After some back and forth Bama would put together a nice drive and finish it with a TD to Kendall Kelly. Bama lead 31-27. A FG would not do it.​
    The stage was set again. There was Connor Wood again. Wood overthrows one target only to have the ball end up in his wide out's hands 30yards down the sideline. Whaley would finish the job, scoring with 1:31 left.​
    Now it was all up to Texas' defense, who had been gashed to the tune of 311yd through the air. The D stepped up and a sack on 4th down ended any chance of Bama returning the comeback favor.​
    Things dont get any easier for the defending Champs. Next week, the #2 Horns travel to Gainesville to take on the Gators in what is sure to be an interesting matchup as these coaches have yet to face each other.​
    Wood​
    11/16 308yd 2TD​
    Whaley​
    16ATT 108yd 2TD​
    3REC 109yd 1TD (long of 80)​

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ohio State won the toss and elected to take the ball. This could have been a good decision but Kenny Guiton threw a pick on the opening drive. The Gators would get the ball with about 30 yards needed for a touchdown. It took 9 plays and 3 short 3rd down conversions but Florida got the TD. They did not need 1 pass attempt in that drive. Unfortunately they did need to pass late in the game but failed in almost every attempt. Meanwhile Ohio State managed 10 points in the second quarter, including a 62-yard TD rush by Jamal Berry. The Buckeyes added another field goal in the fourth quarter to make it a 6-point lead for OSU. With the Florida offense sputtering this lead appeared likely to hold up. The Gators' coach dug deep off the bench and found 3rd string QB Trey Burton. One of the holdovers from the old coaching regime, Burton had not seen the field at all. He didn't even get time to warm up but came in with a bullet pass that Andre Debose grabbed. A few plays later he made the play that would change the game. On a post route he found TE/WR Gerald Christian and Christian ran the rest of the way for a TD. The extra point gave Florida a 1-point lead. The defense made sure the lead stuck.

Florida 14
    Ohio State 13

Offensive Player of the Game: Trey Burton 2-2 73 yards 1 TD/0 INT

Defensive Player of the Game: Dominique Easley 7 tackles 4 tackles for loss 4 sacks

First Quarter
    02:58 TD Florida Bobby Thomas HB #47 1 yard rush
    Second Quarter
    05:35 FG Ohio State Derrick Woodard K #5 36 yard field goal
    03:48 TD Ohio State Jaamal Berry HB #4 62 yard rush
    Forth Quarter
    04:21 FG Ohio State Derrick Woodard K #5 41 yard field goal
    03:11 TD Florida Gerald Christian TE #32 59 yard pass from Trey Burton QB #13 (Highlight on Dynasty Wire)

14. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Nebraska - 35
    PSU - 17

Long story short...Nebraska won the turnover battle 3 to 1. PSU spotted Nebraska a 14 point lead before tying it back up in the second quarter. It looked as if the momentum had totally swung to Penn State, but Nebraska converted on some key third downs and intercepted PSU at a crucial juncture to seal the win.

Player of the Game - Taylor Martinez - 19/26 - 329 Yards - 5/1

15. Dru50

LSU and USC looked like they had an offensive shootout brewing in the first quarter in Los Angeles, as the Trojans pounded the ball on their first drive en route to a field goal and LSU then converted on a 3rd and long with a 67 yard TD reception. Then the injuries happened. Each team had one player they felt they couldn't afford to lose, and both guys went down during the game. LSU lost QB Zac Lee in the 2nd quarter for the remainder of the game, and with our lousy backups, the offense went completely one dimensional. LSU turned into the '3 yards and a cloud of dust' offense, as the Tigers ran alot of 2 TE running formations, and handed off to HB Michael Ford alot. The offensive line and Ford came through, as he netted nearly 200 yards combined rushing/receiving.

After Lee went down, Twist told me if his HB Dillon Baxter got hurt, he would be screwed. Sure enough, Baxter went down in the 3rd quarter for the remainder of the game, and the USC offense was never the same.

LSU ended up pulling out a 26-17 victory on the road. Good game as always Twist.

16. BDSDIGITAL

Yeah this wasn't the best game ever....for either side. I think we set offensive football back a few years. I knew I wouldn't win both those games and I was feeling it Saturday night, we should have switched the order we played them. :) But good win. As it turns out this loss didn't hurt me that much. I dropped to 6th and 2 teams ahead of me have already lost and another is going to, so I very well could be sitting at 3rd or 4th by week 4....works for me. If I win out I'll probably play in the big game anyway. :)

I'm going to do a power ranking update after this week.

17. Dru50

You're welcome for my part in that.;)

18. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

... [​IMG] - 35
    at [​IMG] - 0

Oklahoma's first game with a new coach and a new offense resulted in a nice 35-0 win on the road in a hostile Doak-Campbell Stadium against Florida State. All of the scoring occurred in the first half. QB Alex Robinson had a nice day throwing the ball for the Sooners, going 11/18 for 192 yards, 3 TD, and 1 INT. The Sooners' passing game was complimented nicely by Jonathan Miller on the ground, who rushed for 76 yards on 18 carries and 1 TD.

All in all, it was the defense who deserves the credit for the win. This unit was stingy all day, holding the Noles under 180 yards of total offense and forcing 3 turnovers. This allowed the Sooners' offense to control the clock, especially in the 2nd half.

Up next is another out of conference game, this time in the form of a home game against Oregon. The Ducks will be looking to bounce back from a tough loss at home to Penn State.

Interesting to note that Florida State has not scored a point yet this season.

19. BDSDIGITAL

that is interesting. Maybe they're cursed now...

or maybe they were never that good in the first place? Interesting.

20. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

USC: 42 Notre Dame: 35

Another great and brutal game in the rivalry that is ND-USC: Coach Twist nearly swallowed his gum as RB Mike Ryan rumbled 49 yards for a score early in the game. QB BJ Charles would strike back quickly with a 64 yard bomb to WR Larry Robbins. RB Dillon Baxter would add 2 short scoring runs to add the lead to 21-7 for the Trojans, which included a questionable fumble by Ryan. The Domers would strike quickly on a 59 yard pass to Shaq Rvans but the Trojans would answer with a 62 yard run by Baxter. The half would end on a 5 yard pass to Ryan for a TD and the score would be 28-21 USC.

The Domers would get the ball to start the second half but Ryan, while bulling forward dropped the ball, allowing the Trojans to score on a short pass to TE Grimble. Ryan would answer another TD but Charles struck with a 75 yard bomb to Craig Warren to seal the game.

Key stats:

BJ Charles 11/13 for 276 yards and 3 tds
    Dillon Baxter 24 carries for 147 yards and 3 tds.

Andrew Hendrix 15/23 238 yards and 3 tds
    Mike Ryan 18 attempts 152 yards 2 tds and 1 receiving.

Great game as always!

21. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Texas Two-Steps Their Way Into 1st
    The Horns traveled to Gainesville to take on the Gators in The Swamp and it was a good one. The Horns played a near perfect 1st half, shutting out the Gators and scoring 17 points of their own. 7 of those points came after Coach Max made a tough call in the dying seconds of the 2nd quarter and went for it on 4th and inches on the UF 6. Those 4 extra points would end up being the difference.​
    After leading 17-0 at half, it looked like Texas was going to run away with this one, but the Gators must have had a halftime speech by Malcolm X because they "stopped singing and came out swinging". 14 unanswered points in the third and suddenly we had a ballgame. Texas would finally respond in the 4th with a 33yd TD pass. Not to be outdone, UF would answer right back with a 80yd TD pass on the next play. Texas, knowing they had to do something big to keep their lead, leaned on their workhorse. The 6'3 260lb (RS)Senior RB Chris Whaley came through in a big way, mashing his way down the field en-route to a drive that lasted almost 5:00, resulting in a 1yd TD run by FB Coacoa Brown. That score gave Texas a 31-21 lead with 1:57 left. UF would not be denied another TD though, and scored a TD with 0:33 left, making the score 31-28. Texas would recover the kickoff and run out the clock, getting the hell out of Gainesville ASAP with their precious W.​
    Next week, the Horns will lick their wounds during a BYE before facing Mizzou in what figures to be a tune-up game before the Red River Shootout. Texas vs. OU is shaping up to be the Horns second #1 vs #2 game this season(excluding their game against Bama which could also be considered a #1 vs. #2 since it was a NC rematch).​
    Wood​
    13/18 248yd 2TD​
    Whaley​
    23ATT 94yd 1TD​
    Byrd​
    4REC 84yd 2TD​

22. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

... [​IMG] - 7
    at [​IMG] - 20

Oklahoma's first user game started off on a bad note as Oregon used up most of the first quarter on a nice drive that ended in a touchdown. After a couple of punts from each team, OU went down the field but was stopped and held to a field goal. Oregon looked to be on the move again but a redzone interception set up a very unlikely and lucky play. With about 5 seconds left in the half, OU came out in goal line and was set to run out the clock, but HB Jonathan Miller had other ideas. As everyone converged on the back, he juked around and was finally met by two Oregon defenders. The half was over. NOT SO FAST, my friend. Miller spun out of the combo tackle, eluded a diving Oregon player, and was off to the races. 10-7 Sooners at the half.

In the second half, the Sooners defense really stepped up, shutting out the Ducks. This, combined with just enough of a running game allowed OU to control the clock on the way to victory.

After this week's bye, the Sooners will play host to Kansas State before taking on Texas in the Red River Shootout. The two teams are likely to be #1 and #2, and this Big XII South showdown will have serious National and Conference implications.

Good game Coleman. OU benefited from some big breaks.​

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah it was a tough loss but looks like it won't hurt too bad. If I can somehow win out my remaining games I would almost certainly get in the championship. Got 3 games to practice with my quarterbacks before my game against LSU in week 7.

24. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Oregon takes a huge step towards reclaiming their Pac 10 crown with a 34-28 win over USC. My game froze when I exited and cant get the stats right now but Lache Seastrunk went off with atleas 100 yards and 3 touchdowns in the first eight minutes of the game. Both teams went to their backup quarterbacks and Bennett played solid for the Ducks while USC's backup played exceptional and lead what could have been an amazing comeback. The Trojans starter was pulled after missing a wide open touchdown pass on a third down play and the backup threw four touchdowns in the losing effort.

GG Twist

25. BDSDIGITAL

Ohio State 55 - Arkansas 13

Not much to see here. Arkansas was way over rated.

Everyone had a good day, including Jamal Berry who scored 4 times.