NCAA 11: Season 5 (2014) Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Brand new season fellas. Lets all have fun.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

LSU wins it's opener vs Miami 49-7, mainly because the Canes couldn't stop the Tiger running game and they kept running the ball even though Miami WRs were open all over the field. That formula won't work in user games but I'll be happy with this team if I can put together a 9-3 year. We are starting a ton of young guys, especially at LB, and the talent isn't really there, but at least they are guys I recruited for the most part.

Player of the game-HB Jakarri Gore, who ran for 288 yards and 4 TDs.

3. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Notre Dame - 59
    Boston College - 0

HB Mike Ryan with 140 yards and 3 TD's, WR Rob Morris with 8 receptions for 200+ yards and 3 TD's and QB Andrew Hendrix with 290 yards and 4 TD's. All Irish in this rivalry game.
    Next up - Michigan

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Florida 38
    Florida State 9

The Gator's offense struggled a bit in this game but they still had a couple star performers on that side of the ball. Starting tailback Ryne Harris reclaimed his starting role after an excellent showing in spring practices. In this game he carried it 17 times for 104 yards and 2 touchdowns. Bobby Thomas and Mack Brown also scored touchdowns on the ground. The passing game was a little shaky with Josh Manning at the helm. He was benched in favor of sophomore Scott Graham. The coaching staff has not decided if the change is permanent or temporary. Despite the shuffling at QB true freshman tight end Justin Guidry had a big first game. He finished with 4 receptions for 120 yards, including a 48 yards TD pass from Graham. Guidry started at tight end but also played receiver in 4 and 5 receiver sets. On defense Florida was solid with a couple takeaways and 4 sacks.The pass defense did give up 310 yards to FSU so that is one area of concern for the Gators. Florida State was not able to turn this yardage into points.

First Quarter
    03:11 FG Florida Chris Williams P #19 37 yard field goal
    Second Quarter
    05:59 TD Florida Ryne Harris HB #20 1 yard rush
    00:00 FG Florida State Johnny Dawson K #14 22 yard field goal
    Third Quarter
    04:08 TD Florida Ryne Harris HB #20 1 yard rush
    03:04 TD Florida Justin Guidry TE #89 48 yard pass from Scott Graham QB #11
    00:18 TD Florida Bobby Thomas HB #47 15 yard rush
    Forth Quarter
    04:54 TD Florida Mack Brown HB #33 3 yard rush
    00:40 TD Florida State Greg Dent WR #35 3 yard pass from Maurice Stephens QB #17

5. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

#24 Ole Miss - 14
    #10 Alabama - 52

Bama blew up the Rebels in the second half after Ole Miss pulled within a touchdown to close the first half. All of Alabama's first half scores were by Jason Robinson who scored 3 of them and another in the 3rd quarter. Along with his Robinson's TD, Bama scored four more times, all of them differently: Pass TD, Pick-6, scoop n score, and a FG.

It was over when... Oliver Sanders runs back the fumbled kickoff that followed the pick-6 returned by Shaun Perkins.

Gameball goes to... Jason Robinson. The Tide's Junior running back ran for 176 yards and found the end zone 4 times.

Stat of the game... 0. Alabama shut out the Rebels in the 2nd half and helped solidify the game as a blow out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

#11 Oregon @ #1 Alabama

The Ducks brought their squad into Tuscaloosa to challenge the defending BCS champions. The Tide came in with more talent on paper but the Ducks brought a slight edge in experience and the confidence of beating Bammer the year before.

Nether team played well on defense to start the game as both teams marched down the field for relatively easy touchdowns on their first possesions. After an Oregon field goal to start the second, the defense flexed their muscles with the game sitting at 10-7. Oregon's defense was able to force a fumble as senior outside linebacker Williams unloaded on the back in the flat and the Ducks recovered. Unfortunately for the Oregon faithful, on the next play senior quarterback Bennett was hit as he threw and the ball was intercepted by Alabama inside the Tide 20. To complete the defensive trifecta, the Ducks sophmore linebacker Clay intercepted an errant pitch from Tide quarterback Jackson and returned it the 14 yards to give Oregon a 17-7 lead.

The second half didn't get much better for the home team as Oregons senior defensive line got consistent pressure on the Tide's Jackson which made the Ducks blitz packages even more effective. Early in the 4th quarter the pressure made the difference as senior cornerback Jefferson jumped into the passing lanes and took an interception 45 yards to give the Ducks a 34-10 lead. The Tide were able to add a couple touchdowns in garbage time to make things more respectable. Alabama has shown the ability to overcome sub par seasons and sneak into the title game in the past though so don't count them out.

7. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Wvu-55
    Marshall- 7

Great start to the season for west virgina. The new coaching staff made it a point to have a running game this season. Bruce Phillips carried 20 times for 150yds and 4 tds. Star wideout McCartney had 6 catches for 134yds 1 td.

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

#1 Ohio State 45 - TCU 31

Good news, ok news, and bad news:

Good News: The offense is beastly. Roderick Smith and George Moody (WR transfer from WV) and the other reciever Louis are ballers. My QB is also good.....

Ok News: I punted once and the punt was ok. I kicked several xp as you can see and hit a 25 yard ish fg with plenty of room to spare right down the middle. So I can punt if I have to and I can kick fg's from 35-40 yards or so....not great but not nearly the disaster it looked like on paper.

Bad News: The defense got hit for 31 pts and 400 yards by TCU. Mostly through the air. I have a good secondary too....

We'll see. I'll enjoy the #1 ranking for now, but I won't be able to keep it. There are some really good teams out there. Next week we play USC I believe.

9. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Good WR there...you lucky bastid. IIRC he has a really good spectacular catch rating.

10. Dru50

LSU drops its opening user game to USC 33-31. Great game by Twist, he did whatever he wanted to on offense, which is about what I expected with the youth and lack of talent in the back 7 of my defense. His QB was 14-17, his WR's were open all day and his HB averaged 9 ypc. And it would have been uglier if not for 2 lucky big plays on offense by LSU in the 1st half to keep it close.

Well done Twist, good luck vs Ohio St next week.

11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Oklahoma - 41
    BYU - 9

This one could have been way worse, but I took it easy on BYU's C+ all around team in the second half. Both the offense and defense looked good, but it was against a less than great opponent, so we'll see as time progresses. Let's just say that OU's roster is... not very good.

12. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Thanx Dru. My first win over Dru in a ton of games. My OL played really well and Brandon Porter at OLB is gonna be a beast!

13. Dru50

I see now how my team is going to be for the year. We are just good enough to dominate the majority of CPU teams we will play (since they for the most part aren't any good - Auburn is a B- OVR team this season), and just bad enough to not be able to win vs the user teams (since they are all A- to A OVR teams).

Anyhow, LSU beats Auburn 56-0 on the strength of the running game (which worked much better this week than vs USC), as both Jakarri Gore (20 carries, 176 yards, 3 scores) and Spencer Ware (19 carries, 131 yards, 2 scores) were able to take advantage of good blocking and make keep the chains moving. What really blew the game open was the passing combination of Juco JR QB Trey Jones (8-8, 282 yards and 3 TD/0 INT) to senior WR Tharold Simon (4 catches, 220 yards and 2 TD). Simon was getting open vs his man and Jones found him each time, with the biggest play being a 96 yard TD pass on 3rd and 18 to open the 2nd half.

Surprisingly, Jones hasn't thrown a pick yet this year, and he played pretty well in the USC game. We may need to try and open up the offense a bit for our next 3 user games and hope that helps with the running game.

Up next - a home game vs Mississippi St that will have most of my recruiting board in.

14. Juggernautblitz

Week 2
    #11 Notre Dame - 35
    #14 Michigan - 7

A real bummer this situation was. Bond and I played 1 quarter of football before he got a disc read error and then we tried again and the same thing happened a couple minutes in. At that point Bond told me to play the computer, I double checked to make sure he didn't want to give it one more try and he said no. In Notre Dame's defense, we were up 7-0 at the end of the first, we had the ball at the Michigan 30 ish and were driving, and we would have received the ball to start the 2nd half. That by no way means I had the game in the bag but the ND defense had stoned Michigan on its first couple drives and the Irish O was moving the ball pretty effectively also.
    The game versus the computer was ridiculously easy and before I knew it the score was 35 - 0. I ran out of bounds a few times to keep from scoring, intentionally turned the ball over on downs once or twice and punted on a 2nd down inside the Michigan 15. The Michigan score came on an 80 yard TD pass, following my 2nd down punt, on which I pulled the DB off the play and declined the holding penalty on Michigan so they could have some points.
    I could have easily beat the CPU 60-0 but didn't think that would be kosher to Bond.

15. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

It sucked that we couldn't play but after the quarter that we did play, I don't have any doubt that you would have beaten me. Your defense is real good and your offense is fluid.

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Oklahoma - 28
    Michigan - 7

Good game "Bond". Your boys showed up on defense and if not for some stupid playcalling by your CPU counterpart (threw an INT with under a minute left to go in the first half that was returned all the way to the 3 yard line, easy TD) and inability to run the ball, it could have ended differently. Pretty defensive game all around where OU made a couple of big plays to jump out to a lead and stay there.

17. BDSDIGITAL

#1 Ohio State 35 - #3 USC 27

We were up 28-10 in the 3rd quarter and USC came all the way back to make it a game. They just couldn't get the stops they needed at the end to get another chance to score.

Roderick Smith had a great game carrying the ball 29 times for 199 yards and 3 td's including this beauty.

QB Taylor Graham had a good day as well completing 8 of 14 passes for 134 yards 2 td's and 0 ints. Both TD's went to TE Christian Justice. He was sacked several times though as USC's pass rush was freaking relentless.

USC QB BJ Charles had a forgettable game completing less than 50% of his passes and throwing 3 ints.

Our top CB and impact player Josh Tucker is out with another serious injury and will be sidelined 9 weeks. :( Which will cost me the Florida game I'm sure.

Up next is a bye week followed by a home game v. Penn State which all of my recruits will be at.

good game twist. Way to come back.

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm sure Twist is looking forward to year 6 when he never has to play against Roderick Smith. In our T3 game last season Smith put up like 250 yards against his Oklahoma squad.

19. Twister18

Amen to that! He is almost giving me Whaley/Shakarin nightmares.

Great game Brian!!

20. Juggernautblitz

Week 4
    #7 Notre Dame - 41
    #12 Michigan State - 6

All Irish in this one after a slow start that saw Michigan State up 3-0 at the end of the 1st quarter. In the 2nd qtr. and early 2nd half it was all Irish as Mike Ryan ran for 150+ and 3 TD's and the Irish D shut Michigan State down. That's 3 wins for the Irish over 3 top 20 opponents with a combined score around 120 - 20 and up next is #5 Oregon in Eugene. That will not be an easy game and I think will be the first matchup vs. coach Cole for coach Blitz.

21. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Week 5

Florida 58
    Arkansas 13

I'm not sure what happened to Josh Manning but since his week 1 debacle he has looked like a completely different quarterback. Maybe the Manning genes finally started working their magic. He was nearly perfect in this game, completing 13 of 15 passes for 271 yards. He threw two touchdown passes, including a corner route that might have been the best pass of his collegiate career (see highlight on Dynasty Wire). Chris Dunkley was the recipient but Manning gets all the credit for that score. Justin Guidry caught the other pass and the freshman continues to rack up monstrous numbers. He tallied 7 catches for 151 yards, including a long of 54 yards. He and Manning have been clicking since the second week of the season. The run game punched in the other scores. Ryne Harris added a couple touchdowns to his season total. Bobby Thomas and Sammy Moore also scored on the ground in this game. All together the ground game racked up almost 200 yards on the day, with 8 different players getting at least one carry. The defense also played well in this game, though Arkansas was able to move the ball. The Razorbacks fumbled on their first drive which setup a score by the offense. On the second drive Arkansas fumbled again and this one was scooped up by Dominique Easley for a touchdown. Arkansas fumbled for a third time later in the game and quarterback Jacoby Walter also threw a pick.

Offensive Player of the Game: Josh Manning 13-15 271 yards 2 TD/0 INT; 2 carries 12 yards

Defensive Player of the Game: Dominique Easley 2 tackles 1 fumble recovery 1 defensive touchdown

First Quarter
    05:35 TD Florida Justin Guidry TE #89 21 yard pass from Josh Manning QB #5
    05:24 TD Florida Dominique Easley RE #53 21 yard fumble
    02:17 TD Arkansas Jatashun Beachum HB #22 3 yard rush
    Second Quarter
    06:57 TD Florida Ryne Harris HB #20 1 yard rush
    06:45 TD Arkansas Marquel Wade WR #9 96 yard kick return TD
    05:26 TD Florida Ryne Harris HB #20 4 yard rush
    02:03 TD Florida Chris Dunkley WR #87 16 yard pass from Josh Manning QB #5
    00:00 FG Florida Chris Williams P #19 25 yard field goal
    Third Quarter
    05:35 TD Florida Bobby Thomas HB #47 11 yard rush
    Forth Quarter
    04:16 FG Florida Chris Williams P #19 25 yard field goal
    02:00 FG Florida Chris Williams P #19 39 yard field goal
    01:44 TD Florida Sammie Moore HB #21 8 yard rush

22. BDSDIGITAL

week 5

[​IMG]

we had in about 15 espn u 150 players for this game, and we also had several kickers/punters @Basis4aDay56 :)

Not our best game, but should be good for a few commitments, and for sure good enough to hold our #1 ranking for another week.

There were 42 points scored in the 4th quarter, it was pretty wild.

Taylor Graham threw for 299 and 4 tds.

Roderick Smith ran 26 times for 197 yards but Tyrone McNair scored both Rushing TD's.

George Moody had 5 catches 112 yds and 2 td's.

Next week is Iowa, and then a huge showdown in the Swamp in week 7. Yall better hope Brave gets me or I'm going to be almost home free.

23. Dru50

LSU 70, Georgia 21

I can honestly say I've never had a game start the way this one did. Georgia turned the ball over on it's first 5 (3 fumbles, 2 INT's)possessions, the first 3 of which led to defensive TD's and the 4th turnover gave LSU the ball at the 12 yard line. The 3rd fumble literally was dropped by the Georgia fullback as he ran through the hole, on the replay I couldn't even figure out how it happened as he was never hit by anyone. Less than 3 minutes into the game the score was 21-0 and the offense hadn't seen the field. I'll admit to keeping my starters in a bit more than normal because I started experimenting with some passing plays in the 3rd quarter in preparation for the game vs Florida. Georgia moved the ball and scored points, but lost the turnover battle 6-2. Take the turnovers (and related defensive TD's) away and this is probably a 35-28 game or something similar.

Up next - user game loss #2 on the 'kick the crap out of Dru' revenge tour, as Brave gets to take his pound of flesh for the loss to LSU last year (his team is an A+ vs my B rated squad - probably gonna get ugly).

24. Twister18

Week 4:

USC: 55
    Washington: 13

QB BJ Charles had a decent game but still threw 2 ints. His stats were 20/32 for 358 yards and 2 tds. RB Dontae Williams ran for 116 and 1 score and backup DJ Morgan rushed for 3 tds as well. The big play on defense came from DT George Uko rumbling 44 yards with a fumble. O2 was given to the big man as he reached the sidelines.

Week 5:

USC: 44
    Cal: 14

QB BJ Charles had a big day, throwing for 269 yards and 4 tds, with no ints. WR Rob Woods had 6 catches for 144 yards and 2 tds.

25. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

So @Colemanchu was too lazy to post this, but he just beat Juggs' team that Perry secretly put on AP 59-3. I'm sure he'll post a summary - I just wanted to break the news.

• Like Like x 1