NCAA '11 : SEC Season Preview - Season 1

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Jul 18, 2010.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Jun 21, 2009
    NCAA '11 : SEC Season Preview - Season 1

I copied this from the story I wrote on our dynasty wire.

The SEC has been the top conference for years and 2010 isnt' shaping up to be any different. It boasts 4 user teams (the most of all conferences with 1 more than the Big10 and ACC) and a wealth of talent.

The Tide are the odds on favorite to repeat as champions. Nick Saban has taken his ring and run and Masler has taken over the reigns. Luckily for him,Saban left the cupboard overflowing with talent. Their team is so talented that they really aren't weak anywhere. While their offensive line is very, very good, they aren't the best in the nation, but as long as Ingram and Richardson don't both break a leg, this won't matter. Defensively, their front 7 is ridiculous with the lowest rated starter coming in an impressive 92. Their secondary is no slouch either. Alabama would need to either have a catastrophic bus crash or have another team get really lucky to not be competing for the national title once again.

Coach Basis has left his high flying Gators and decided to slum with the Auburn Tigers and he will have some building to do. Offensively, their starters are above mediocre, but below great. They're also not very deep at all. A couple of key injuries could really put a damper on the Tiger offense (particularly if said injury is to QB Cam Newton). They have the beginnings of a spread option type of team, but they aren't as fast as I'm sure coach Basis would like, particularly at HB. The Tiger backs have some nice acceleration and should be able to burst through holes quickly, but outside of true FR Mike Dyer, none of them have that top gear to break away from defenders. The same goes for their receiving corps. While not spectacular, their O-line is very capable. Defensively, they are mediocre at best, but there is a lot of speed in the secondary which will come in handy as they try to keep up with the speedy SEC teams.

The Gators welcome a new coach in coach Ksherm and he starts off with a great team. Offensively they have crazy, crazy, crazy amounts of speed pretty much everywhere except for the QB position. With Brantley taking snaps, this will somewhat limit the option threat. If Florida wants to have a Tebow type of attack, KSherm will have to do some recruiting. However, with the type of speed that Florida has, this likely won't matter. Expect Florida to lead the nation in plays of over 20 yards this year. Their defense is above average and they have some very talented younger guys which means that the Gators' future is very bright. @ QB, Florida is even shallower than Auburn. If Brantley were to ever come up lame, Florida could be pretty screwed. This makes things interesting for coach Sherm. I know that he wants to run the option, but will he risk having Brantley take extra hits?

Coach Psycho has decided to jump ship from Penn State to test the SEC waters with the Bulldogs. Following an apparent SEC trend, the Bulldogs have no depth @ QB. They'll start a FR @ QB and they only have 1 other QB on their roster and he's rated a 66 overall. You can expect Caleb King and Washaun Ealey to split carries and either one of them is capable of having a huge year. The WR corps is headlined by all everything wideout A.J. Green who is a top Heisman favorite. If he had a better QB getting him the ball, I think he'd have a much better shot, but Green should be able to help ease FR QB Aaron Murray's transition from High School. Their defense could be a bit of an issue as they don't even have 1 guy that's rated in the 90s on defense. Coach Psycho won a national title and I would say that he's a few years away with Georgia.

1. Florida
    2. Georgia

1. Alabama
    2. Auburn

No one stands a chance against Alabama this year.
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Good stuff jello.

I can't login to the dynasty site this morning, was hoping to see how this looks up there.
  3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

May 19, 2009
    Nice work Jello. I'm, albeit stupidly, looking forward to the Alabama game this season.