NCAA '11: Takes Your OD Online

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by JerzeyReign, Jun 9, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

NCAA '11: Takes Your OD Online

Didn't see anyone post this up but here is the story/link from OS...

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/418740-ncaa-football-11-takes-dynasty-web-espn-videogames.html#post2041155861

2. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

This is a stellar addition. I absolutely love it, provided it works. This is also the first addition not listed on the Marketing survey they put out earlier in the year.

The only thing left on my "Want" list of realistic options is the Coaching Carousel. If that's in, I'm sold that this is a huge step forward for the franchise.

3. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

this is nice but also its whatever madden was like this kast season with some of these so it was a given ncca would get ti this year, what i want to hear is dynastys are 20-24 users now 16 is even cool lol

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

and my bubble is bursteded....

this was the big news... All online dynasty's will be web enable to allow stats, standings and recruiting to be done/viewed on your PC. You can basically do everything except the offseason and playing your games from your computer.

it will also be static links, which will allow you to link to it on facebook, twitter and also imbed into iframes on a webpage. That means that hopefully i can integrate these pages into the traditionfootball websites league pages.

we will see how flexible it is...

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

The only thing I like is the recruiting online portion, everything else we do here on TF. Game summaries just go easier since you probably can just copy and paste whatever the game generated now, lol.

PS- And Ryno I see you rockin' the NCAA '11 sig, that looks hot main

6. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Love it Love it Love it!!!!! NCAA 2011 is setting itself up as one of the Greatest sports games of all time for me. Wow!!! EA is coming thru for us.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

all the stats/standing being viewable is huge too...

8. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

This is a really exciting edition if it is executed well. My only worry lies in how dependable the EA server will be for maintaining all of these additional "Online Dynasties" online. I know for example Teambuilder at times last year was down..

However, if this works as good as it could, this will truly be awesome for any Online Dynasty as well as any personal ones that people run.

9. DookieMowf

DookieMowf Walk On

Wow!

If this works like it's supposed to, it's going to be awesome!

10. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

This is awesome

11. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

This is really interesting stuff. It'll be interesting trying to find the best way to leverage the new tools EA is supplying with what's been built here at TF.

I'm assuming that this is what Ryno was biting his tongue about???

12. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I may get fired from doing all my recruiting at work now though hahaha.

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That's bad for a stat junkie like me. I CANNOT be at work looking at stats, lol. I already spend at least an hour in each dynasty after each week looking at every user controlled (and future CPU opponents) stats. I guess its' good to get more people into stats. I already jumped off that bridge

14. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Wow!

I'm speechless. EVERYTHING about this is amazing.

Email alerts for when advances and invites to dynasties happen so you don't have to keep logging in and checking the forums all the time.

Having static pages that have every highlight and picture available to you so that instead of writing shit up and posting it all here, you just link to the page that you created for that game, formatted how you want it to be, with extra written information in there how you want along with pictures and highlights.

All the game results and stats available to you on a website! No more switching back and forth for me from PC to console to copy stuff over. No more half an hour spent filling out the tables for my results.

The ability to make articles about anything! So now instead of making some unofficial looking "newspaper article" post, I can actually have an article posted on the website for that and make it look more authentic to go along with my "weekly" updates in between games.

All of that is a freakin' dynasty nuts wet dream!

15. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I love the online recruiting.

The rest of it.....Dynasty Wire, highlights, game summaries........they're kind of stealing it from TF......aren't they?

You getting royalties ryno?

16. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

OD website.

New TF sig for 2011.

Demo on Monday.

I feel like its XMAS!

17. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

This is fantastic news for Online Dynaties!

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, I dont know about you guys, but this is huge.

This gives us a lot of options and makes doing all the stuff we do here A LOT easier. Did they say you can recruit anywhere you can access the web? Yep, no more excuses for not recruiting on time, and I assume you can advance it from the web which is even bigger because you don't have to wait for the commish to get home so he can advance it. He could be on vacation and advance the OD.

This is awesome, the stats...I'm sure we'll be able to copy and paste instead of spending a ton of time typing it all out.

We'll have what we do at TF as far as content, but when you are in the OD you will be able to basically scout your opponents off the videos and stories.

Great news!

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Kind of what I was thinking. Everyone is very excited in this thread but if they look around TF this "feature" is what WE do already. Now the game does it for us that's it. Only thing we can't do is recruit/view stats everything else is already done.

To each their own I guess...

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It's gonna make what we already do easier.

21. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

That's exactly what I was thinking.

22. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Exactly

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I could see myself getting fired from work as a result of the new additions. I already spend 75% of my downtime on TF so not sure how much worse it could get. Definitely could see myself doing some serious scouting in between my work duties.

24. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

WOW!

IF (big word with EA) this works like they claim this will be insane. My question is can you "easily" take stuff from the EA website and then post it to other forums like TF?

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Only one way to find out I guess

Anyway

PROGRESSIVE LIGHTING IS IN THIS YEARS GAME. WHAT IS PROGRESSIVE LIGHTING, YOU ASK? IT BASICALLY MEANS THE SUN/DAYLIGHT WILL PROGRESS NATURALLY.

*PS- I would like one million dollars for risking my sanity to find information like this out. You know how many bitching/complaining posts I had to ignore to find that answer, lol