NCAA 11 talk begins

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jdrhammer, Jun 27, 2010.

1. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

NCAA 11 talk begins

Hello everyone! Time to get started with some ideas about 11. I have a list that hasn't been 100% finalized yet so stay with me until we get it right.

There are a few topics up for discussion. Go ahead and roll these ideas around and post your opinions.

1) Members - I'll post the list and who's confirmed to be in when we begin. Remember, some have not yet confirmed so that will leave a small window. Don't get discouraged. I wish I knew how many times we had to find a new user in the past.

jdrhammer co-commish (y)
    itsnotagame co-commish(y)
    bigsmooth (y)
    nkmi (y)
    fordtuff (y)
    sublime321 (y)
    fsupenguin (y)
    drowsike (y)
    theiv (y)

plex
    bcduggan bama

Waiting list:

theprogram
    Mr2Bits
    Capps34
    ibontherun
    bulldogbully (waiting on acceptance to TF)
    truth_in_babylon
    Dean
    bdub77
    LambeauLeap04
    Carolinaeasy
    soxandgators
    Pitt4life

That's our main 11 at the moment. 1 has not yet confirmed so they're still up in the air and we have several vying for the last spot. If you're not in right now, don't be discouraged. Also, participation will be required at a new level. We have more tools at our disposal and we now have the advantage of beginning the OD from the start at TF so we will all understand more clearly what's expected. Also remember that recruiting is a must. You must be able to recruit well. Some of you drifted along here. These are mostly core/charter guys who've been through the battles making this a great OD before we even knew about TF. It took a lot of time and selling them on joining to give them the boot. I had to sift through the ashes at OS to find them, and along with being great gamers, I'm not telling them to leave. It will be their choice.

2) As far as who gets what team, I'm not sure. I still haven't went over this with hardly anyone but as of right now, we're the same but there are possibilities to switch. I'll be getting with you all about teams but go ahead and post who you are, if & why you'd like to switch teams, and list your interested teams (SEC or others if we add, I'll mention them next topic) and why. It could be that you want to build up a lower tier team like UK, VU, MSU etc., or you could be a fan of the team, or you could love the play-style. Give me some short answers as to why.

3) Expansion - A few of us have mentioned possibly taking out the lower 3-4 teams if there is no interest in them such as UK, Vandy, MSU, and replacing them with FSU, Miami, Georgia Tech, Clemson etc. This could help retain users and drum up interest but would also present headaches for rivalries, bowl games, balance in the national scene etc. I like the option and I don't like it. I'm a traditionalist but it is intriguing. I need all input on this topic. We would keep it to the Southeastern options due to recruiting regionally to give us more head to head competition on the recruiting trails. I'm fine with leaving it SEC as is, but I want to hear you all out. This is a longer shot but well worth discussing.

If there's anything else you all would like to discuss, throw it out there but answer these first. We'll try to get the best rosters and we'll try to get a feel of everything else before we begin.

2. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

damn jd, that expansion topic is a tuff one to decide on, i love my tigers but damn, i love my canes too!!! lol, but i would say as far as sim goes and unless one of these changes really happen irl, then i think we should keep the SEC as is, and i would also take it as far as saying that i wouldn't mind relinquishing my tigers for a weaker team just to build them up and attract more users if needed.

3. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

I totally understand about the SEC thing. I'm more on the side of the fence that says keep it as is, myself.

As for relenquishing your Tigers, we'll talk more about them later on when we see who rounds out the roster. I know inag was UGA our first OD but wanted to build someone up this past go-round.

Thanks for the response.

4. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Just my two cents, what I like most about this OD is that it is SEC only.

I'd love to get a Big 10 only OD, just like this one.

Being that I've morphed into a big Vandy b-ball fan, I'd consider taking them in 2011.

5. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

They are fun to watch. They are kind of old-school. The have had some studs lately and several at once, but they play together and move the ball around. Of course I love the Rebs but it's hard to pull against Vandy in hoops.

As for adding the ACC teams, we'd kick out a few to make room and make FSU, Miami etc. into SEC members. I'm cool with leaving it as is though. I'll keep your consideration in mind. Be thinking about what you want to do.

Tony and Nate said they were in. We'll just have to get them to be more involved here. It doesn't take much, just a little here and there.

6. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

The idea of the expansion indeed sounds pretty cool, however, I myself is a sort of an traditionalist and is in favor of keep the original conferences more so than the other. If the expansion does happen then I wont lose sleep. Now, I would very much like to keep my Dawgs. I started out as Auburn in 09 Miss State in the begnning of 10. I eventually was fortunate enough to snag them during 10.

7. Sublime321

Sublime321 Walk On

Utter blasphemy! Every Tennessean knows that there is only one in-state program that matters.

Its my soul duty as a true VOLUNTEER to revoke your V-card (in a very hetero way).

8. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

HAHA!

Well that's what happens when you get a Big 10 alum down in Dixie... I'll root for the underdog while I'm here... It's funny, I pull for the Blue Raiders and 'Dores when Michigan isn't playing.

I'm a Big 10 guy man... Sorry.:D

9. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

OHHH!!! do I sense a bit of some rivarly

10. Sublime321

Sublime321 Walk On

The Big 10 is the scourge of CFB. If I want to take a nap on Saturday afternoon, I'll find a Big 10 game on the TV.

If I want to see REAL football, I watch the SEC.

I could go my entire life without ever talking with another Ohio State fan and it still would be too soon...so atleast we have that in common.

PS: You guys can have Vandy...they're the watered down soda of the fresh, crisp taste of the SEC.

11. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Do we REALLY want to have this discussion??? I can go on forever with any SEC fan. I'm not going to say the SEC isnt the best conference now because it is.......but come on...... did the history of college football start in 2004?????

12. Sublime321

Sublime321 Walk On

Well, for the record I was just kidding around, but I do hate Big 10 football....mostly because of OSU and the lack of a conference championship game. Sorry if that offends anyone...I can't help it.

I think the addition of Nebraska is huge for the competition level. Its not that Nebraska is a national powerhouse anymore (much closer than my Vols right now), but I honestly think they will step and instantly be the 2nd best team in that conference. Their SEC coach is doing great things in Lincoln.

FYI: The SEC goes MUCH farther back than 2004. Based on the AP Polls and eventually the BCS, the SEC has won 17 NC's compared to the Big 10's 13. That 13 also includes 2 NC's that Penn ST won before joining the Big 10. When you add in Bama's claimed titles, that number for the SEC jumps into the 70s or 80s...maybe more. The SEC also holds a sizeable lead in head-to-head games as well.

13. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Sooo.....anybody say who they want and why

14. Sublime321

Sublime321 Walk On

I'd really like to have UT, but I'd be ok with sticking to last year's teams...but only if we could edit Bama down some. Their ratings are so ridiculous. I'd rather not be "that guy".

15. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

I agree bama is ridiculous when talking about ratings

16. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

How do you guys look at the ratings besides from the given teams on the demo?

Sublime- I am pretty sure that the Big Ten has won more head to head games vs the SEC. Ive got 97-91-7 and includes all current members. Teams like Chicago, Tulane, and Ga Tech are not included with those numbers.

Once again I am not downplaying the SEC at all. They are by far the conference of this era. But the numbers do not lie.

17. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I'm not real sure who to take...

Obviously, I think SoCarolina is going to be pretty stellar and they'd be my top choice (I think). Playing with UT or Vandy would be my other choices, since I'm in the middle of TN now.

If Ford ever let LSU go, I'd jump over there for a change in scenery, and I like Les Miles....

So I really don't know.

18. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

I would prefer Auburn again. Nice middle of the pack team. I built them up to an A from a B- recruiting against the likes of UF, Bama, Miss and LSU.

19. Sublime321

Sublime321 Walk On

I went to EA's new teambuilder site. I'll find a link and post it.

edit for Link: Teambuilder website

The numbers I had were in conference vs in conference. The info didn't count Penn State's record vs SEC teams before 1992. It also didn't count Arky when they were in the SWC. The SEC holds a lead of 65-46-2 when its broken down to conference vs conference at the time the game was played.

Its apples and oranges, though. I was really just messing with BigSmooth for being a Tenner in the heart of SEC country. I can't lie and say I care for Big 10 football, but its definately relevant and a great conference. If it weren't for the fact that OSU is a member, I'd probably respect it more.

20. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

I know. I jumped the gun. I had a bad experience in SEC country with an ignorant fan last year. He pissed me off so I guess I have a chip on my shoulder. Keep in mind I was watching Michigan lose to Ohio St while this was going on....ajtev21 can attest to this LOL. Cant judge a whole fan base off one bad experience. Yea Ohio St needs to stop embarrassing the conference. That win against a mediocre Oregon team didnt convince me.

I tried the teambuilder thing and it has 2010 rosters......am i doing it wrong?

21. Sublime321

Sublime321 Walk On

Click on that link I gave. You'll have to log in and go to create a school. From there you can go straight to rosters and view any team you'd like.

Most of my Big 10 hatred rests soley on OSU. I can tolerate Mich, PSU and ILL...can't stand the rest.

22. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

I wonder who itsnotagame has in mind for this year?

23. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Need Info......I only saw Auburn play twice last year....i KNOW that the RB McCalebb is faster than an 83!!! So is the other rb Fanin. What do you guys think? Someone told me QB Tyrik Rollison transferred but I dont see Kodi Burns at QB? I thought he had one year left.

24. Itsnotagame

Itsnotagame Walk On

jd and i kicked the the acc idea around but i also like keeping it the same. i think im going to stick with the razorbacks. my only concern is uk, vandy, msu must have dedicated people running them. its tough not having decent talent to run with the elite teams. so these owners have to be true team builders.

25. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Nkmi, you're not gonna be able to cheese around with those fast qbs this year lol j/k. Rollison went to Tulsa, I believe, and burns was moved to wr early this past season.

OM stole Rodney Scott from AU last year and tried to get McCaleb at the same time when Tubs left. McCaleb needs to be a 93 spd, at the lowest.