Archived NCAA '11 Talk

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Jun 30, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

NCAA '11 Talk

Let's discuss it in this thread....

How do you guys like the demo? I'm in love with it at the moment... can't stop playing it. Everything from a gameplay standpoint seems improved. The blocking IMO is the biggest improvement. You can run the spread and use all of its plays now. In the past I would stay away from WR handoffs or end arounds but this year I've had a couple of 'em work for big gains.

How about the difficulty settings? I'm a 'hardest level the game has' type of player so I set mine to Heisman. Even though I've had moments where I say 'the CPU cheated' when I look back I realized it was my fault. Now I've been on different forums and everyone says AA gives a realistic game. I'm not saying I'm good or anything but I played on AA and beat the Gators 42-7 and the Buckeyes 31-3. Maybe it was just 'one of those days' but I doubt it.

What are your impressions of the game?

2. BG

BG On The Rize!

Not very impressed with the defense side of the game; LB control to be specific. The reaction time is so slow. I also have a hard time tackling any ball carries. They just break every tackle and break for the long td run. It may be me, but I'm a little skeptical about this one!!!

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

yeah, tackling you kind of have to tap the button a couple of times or they will fight thru it. Don't even try hit stick unless you have that person REALLY lined up or you have someone behind you. I'm starting to get used to it slowly. Can't time the hit stick yet

4. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I definitely fear that the offense may have gotten a lot more looks than the defense this year. However, when talking about the hit stick I think you should have to have the guy really lined up for that huge hit. I think it's been way overblown in past versions.

The graphics and presentation look amazing, I'm definitely impressed by that aspect. As always though, the gameplay is most important. It's hard to tell at this point how good that will be, but my hopes are higher than they have been in a long time.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I play the demo everyday. You know what actually helps you stay in good position.... Run/Pass Commit but only if you guess correctly.

Has anybody toyed with the Aggressive settings? I'm so used to not using them I haven't even used them.

6. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I dont think you can use them jerzey..I remember looking for them and not finding them... I like the way the defensive players you control react. It is more realistic in my opinion. You cant just run around with the safety at top speed any more and get 20 tackles, well atleast i havent been able to.

7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I think the defense (according to the developers) has been addressed already. Atleast, thats the word from the developers. That and a few cheese glitches that allows your qb to move past the safties, hike the ball and ur running for a TD...lol

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

9. BG

BG On The Rize!

They are on there. They are located on the same screen with special teams and goalline plays. Haven't used them either due to not being able to use them in 10.

10. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

I haven't been able to play the demo much but it seems that the pass/run commit is toned down alot. As far as aggressive game plan I haven't seen the option to adjust. I'll look for it though and test it out.

Graphics and gameplay seems great so far

11. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Have you guys noticed the amount of fumbles? Ive played about 10-15 games with the demo and ive been averaging at least 3 fumbles a game, between both teams. I notice if you deliver a big hit, it jars the ball loose quit a bit, i was fumbling so much that when i catch a pass and go into traffic i instantly press R1 to protect the ball. Its not a bad thing, you just have to protect the ball more when there is lots of guys around

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

@Drunken- If you play on Heisman it doesn't happen as much, I see an increase in fumbles on AA