** NCAA '11 Team Selection Thread **

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Shaun Mason, May 23, 2010.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    ** NCAA '11 Team Selection Thread **

Guys,

Well, I left the poll up all weekend and we had most people vote. What it basically said was: We are really indifferent about team selection. No one voted for powerhouse teams, a few people voted for either cupcake or powerhouse, which is essentially I don't care, where 4 people voted.

So, most of the dynasty voted for "who cares" and three voted for favorite teams. Those two can be combined, so I figure we will just continue the tradition on and pick teams we care about. Basically, choose who you are passionate about. If there are conflicts, we will mediate them.

Right now, I am sure of three of us, and I know that Hova would like Miami if Suge want's someone else. Start throwing your team choices out there.

Column 1
    Player Team Conference
    shaunlmason Ohio State Big 10
    jello Michigan Big 10
    JC Michigan State Big 10
    Basis Auburn SEC
    Psycho Georgia SEC
    GoGators Florida SEC
    Masler Alabama SEC
    Hova Miami ACC
    dakota7 Florida State ACC
    Dru50 Texas Big 12
    Suge Texas A&M Big 12
    blLL flo ??? ???

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

The U baby!!

3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Suge, you feel like rolling with someone else so Hova can have his team?

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Gators < < < <

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

WAR EAGLE

(AUBURN)

:D

6. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

With Fla going user and Basis picking Auburn, that would give the mighty Bulldogs a User-User neutral rivalry game, plus another User-User rivalry game with Auburn.

Give me Georgia baby, can't wait to roast me some Gator wieners. (y)

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'd like to reserve the Pitt Panthers. I'm thinking playing in the big east would be fun, and I'll either roll with them, rutgers or usf. For now, Pitt is the leader in the clubhouse.

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'm liking the way this next year is shaping up. Good team choices so far. I enjoy watching all of those teams play, except for the Gators, but that is mostly Teblows fault

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

:(

:D

(y)

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

lol thats why I've never used them before...now that he's gone...things are way diff

11. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I'm hoping that EA gets Georgia right. Last 2 years they would have made a great team to pick as a good but not great team (in reality)... Basically a powerhouse with a good deal of room to improve.

Instead EA made them out to be National Champion front runners... lets hope they get dumbed back down to reality so Auburn and Georgia come out comparable straight out of the box.

12. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm kind of hoping that Pittsburgh resurgence the past couple of seasons translates to a decent team in the game. Plus they are young with a pretty good recruiting pipeline in Pennsylvania and Ohio. I used them in 2009 and really enjoyed it.

Of course, I'll be the little dog compared to some of the other programs thrown about so far, but that will give me a built in excuse when I lose to you guys.:D

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I hope the same thing happens with MSU in next years game, their recruiting classes have been very good the last few years and I hope that's reflected in the game as it was very difficult to recruit in the current version. It will be interesting to see how they are rated as a team though, they have a lot of talent but their record last year was 6-7 and a big disappointment.

I'm very interested to see how they are going to rate QB turned WR Keith Nichol. He is currently the #1 WR for the Spartans heading into next year and is touted as the strongest and fastest guy on the field.

14. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I think with the small fan base, and no special interest (like Boise State, or Utah) MSU is going to get the "average school" once over an done.

Lord knows Texas, Fla, FSU, Oklahoma, etc they pour over 3-4 times before they send it out because they'll hear 8 ways from sunset that they screwed the pouch, but Michigan State, I think they're lumped in with the MAC as far as roster support. (Not a shot at MSU, nor voicing an opinion on the school itself, just merely voicing an opinion on where I believe EA's roster/school rating QA priorities go).

15. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Nichols the fastest WR?? That can't be good

16. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Unfortunately your probably right

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

Martin has to be faster than Nichols

18. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'm sure martin is faster, just lip service to boost ticket sales from MSU

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Alright, guys, the two remaining spots are going to be:

GoGators - one of my favorites on TF.
    dakota7 - I had him as a complete new member and he was rock solid, even before he really knew his way around.

Welcome these two, they will fit in well here, give them shit just like you do everyone else.:)

Shaun

20. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Ha! The Gators have already been claimed.

You can always have UNC GoGators!

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

sorry man...had to pick em while they were ripe....but WELCOME all the same

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That is just cold...:)

Hahahahaha

23. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

What will it cost to get them???

Everyone's got a price

[​IMG]

24. Masler

Masler Moderator

your soul

25. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hahaha a Michigan State fan won't allow a Gator fan and alum the chance to be his favorite team because he called them 2 months before the game came out.

Stay classy, San Diego!

Masler, there isn't another team out there that you like enough to play as? If not then you should definitely be Florida.

Not to really involve myself with this (already did, just giving myself an out), but I tried to get GoGators to join when we lost some guys after a couple seasons of this current dynasty. I offered to switch teams from Florida to one of the vacated teams to try to lure him into the dynasty, but it was to no avail.

Do what you guys want -- make sure everyone has a team that they won't want to switch from, that is key.