NCAA 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Outspoknpoet, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Outspoknpoet

Outspoknpoet Shock and Awesome

Very Old Posts

For those of you who will be joining up with Traditionfootball.com in order to further your participation in the WML - thank you.

With any luck (and a lot of work) this will be a long lasting Online Dynasty with a lot of dedicated people.

I will be doing my best to get this forum up to speed as fast as I can.

Thanks for your continued support.

2. Outspoknpoet

WML - League Description And Rules

[​IMG]

Working Man's League Rules

Gameplay -The List of No
    1. Cheating
    2. Cheesing
    3. Random Pausing
    4. Money Plays
    5. Super-Simming, Don't do it... EVER... I can tell when you do it, so don't.
    6. Abusing the hit stick
    7. USE of Gamplanning
    8. Broken Substitutions (players may only play at listed position)
    9. Broken Connections/Lag Switching
    10. Running Up The Score OR Stats against HUM or CPU opponents
    11. Harassment
    12. Special Teams Game Play:
    (via RMG)

* Fake Punts and Field Goals: Any fake punt or field goal must follow the same rule used when going for it on fourth down. If you are allowed to go for it on 4th down in that situation, you can also fake the punt or field goal. Faking a FG or punt is part of the game and provides "the element of surprise," but please be realistic. These are utilized in NCAA but on a limited basis, so please keep that in mind.
    * Onside Kicks: Onside kicks are permitted at any time by the losing team in the 4th quarter only.

Basics -The List of Musts
    1. Scouting Reports
    2. Game Summaries
    3. Availability Updates
    4. Be Flexible Around Holidays
    5. Play Games, Recruit/Draft during the scheduled time

Choosing A Team
    - You must start with a 3 star or lower school that is not highly rated.

I run a pretty tight ship when it comes to planning things out, scheduling etc. In all honesty I have no patience for tardiness. So, if I for some reason can’t make it to one of my own scheduled games I will put myself on auto-pilot and allow my human opponent to play the CPU version of my team.

These are relatively simple. If you think something needs to be looked at again or something along those lines, please discuss it in the League Rules Suggestion Thread.

3. Outspoknpoet

League Archive

Season 1 Users and Teams
    [​IMG]

4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Did i miss something? When did i become alone in the WAC?

Pretty sure since the inception of the league. No one took New Mexico State, so you are pretty much alone in the WAC.

If you want to change your team just let me know. Your choices (if you want to be in a league with other Users are -

Memphis
    Arkansas State
    Akron

Hmmm i really want to be SJSU but i really want to fight for my conference...

Decisions, decisions...

And Peench i already know you want me to pick Memphis lol

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Thank you for you dedication as commish. An OD is only as dedicated as its commish!

6. Outspoknpoet

WML - Application Thread

Anyone who is interested in joining the league please post here.

Here at R3AL M3N of G3NIUS-WML we are looking for highly active and committed SIM Players to join our league. Before applying please read the league rules and if this league fits your style of play then apply.

Here are the guidelines when applying:

1. Provide the link to your new member application.
    2. Have you read and agree with the league rules?
    3. What is it that you feel that you could bring to the league that other applicants wont?
    4. This league requires a high level of involvement, do you feel that you can meet the requirements of the league?
    5. What is your typical availability?

When a position becomes available, I will contact applicants. This is going to go by a first come first serve basis and please remember that not every applicant will be accepted. Applicants are required to show activity here on TF as well, this is a big plus towards being accepted in this league and the other RMG leagues.

7. Outspoknpoet

Suggestions for League Rules

If you think there is an exploit we haven't covered or a better way to deal with problems, post your idea in here.

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Lookin good, welcome to the R3AL M3N of G3NIUS SIM League fellas!

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

And Traditionfootball!

10. b10h424rd

b10h424rd Ohio Bobcat

1. Provide the link to your new member application.
    [ame="http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10069"]New Member B10H424RD (360) - Tradition Online[/ame]
    I've been a traditions member since 09

2. Have you read and agree with the league rules?
    yup.

3. What is it that you feel that you could bring to the league that other applicants
    wont?
    Awesomeness. In all seriousness a dedicated member who is looking for a good community be a part of.

4. This league requires a high level of involvement, do you feel that you can meet the requirements of the league?
    Yes. I do work thirds not sure if that is a concern for you guys.

5. What is your typical availability?
    I work thirds four days, then I'm off four days. The days I work I am available from roughly nine am to noon and five pm to six-thirty pm.

11. UCFTirade

UCFTirade Walk On

Thanks for that. Extremely excited to get play going and seeing this game in it's full glory.

Noticed the Buffalo, NY in your info. Awesome. Lived there for a summer interning. Always heard bad things about it but I gotta say it's one of my favorite places I've been to

12. Outspoknpoet

New Mexico Lobos

[​IMG]
    2010 Scouting New Mexico Scouting Report
    Offense - Spread
    Defense - 4-3​

13. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

1. I am not a new member. Member since summer '09. [ame="http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2653"]New Member: bfruchey - Tradition Online[/ame]
    2. Yes.
    3. I have been very involved in Southern Exposure(now League of Champions), such as weekly user team rankings and other tidbits of user created content.
    4. I believe so, I have before.
    5. 28, live in Ohio, baby on the way, 4th grade teacher, NCAA is greatest sports game on any system.
    6. Partial to Archie Griffin, only 2-time Heisman Trophy Winner.

14. Outkizast

Outkizast Walk On

I. Am. Excited... I took a look at my roster for Eastern Michigan on Teambuilder... and... I have a lot of work to do..

15. b10h424rd

b10h424rd Ohio Bobcat

I think thats all of us outkizast, maybe you more so then the rest of us.

16. Outspoknpoet

I think most of us have a lot of work to do! lol

I wish I could stop dwelling on the fact that I have 6 days til I own this game...

Alas... I cannot.

17. UCFTirade

UCFTirade Walk On

I know how you feel. I've been playing the demo more and more like a fix for an addict lol. I can't believe its less than a week away.

Eastern Mich is a tough road. they are bottom of the barrel for the Mac. You know what though, at least your are not the bottom of the barrel teams in the MWC. They have a tough conference road ahead of them. I'm interested to see if anybody beats TCU

I can't wait to compete for recruits with everybody and play the in conference games against I Peench & JFace.

Time for me to start my pro Tulane rally. see sig below

18. Outkizast

Outkizast Walk On

Yes we all have a lot of work to do... which is what makes this even more exciting.... I am without any playmakers on offense. It turns out my fastest offensive player is my running back at 86 speed... No receviers higher than 84 speed... I need to recruit recruit recruit!

EDIT: Just found I have a WR with 87 speed!! He only has 50 catch... but watch out for him on screens!! haha

19. Symbioteshocker

Symbioteshocker Walk On

Im surprised. From what I see, my offense will work theoretically the way I want it to. Run, run, run, run, run with my 76 OVR HB. Six more days!!

20. UCFTirade

UCFTirade Walk On

Surprising for a lower level team I have to say Tulane has some bright spots. either that or I am wearing rose colored glasses lol.
    I would love to run a pistol but I'm not sure if my QB will be up for it. Some serious off season training would need to be in place.
    Probably a multiple or the pro for the first year.
    I have a WR at 77 OVR & HB at 72. WR has 90 speed. He's a burner folks!

21. Symbioteshocker

Symbioteshocker Walk On

I think I am going to go with an option attack, considering my HB is the best player on offense and my QB is a scrambler with 80 Speed. He is a 66 OVR with bad accuracy so I figure my best chance is to keep the ball out of his hands. I have a receiver that is 73 OVR with 90 speed, but his catching is only 74 so I might throw it up to him occasionally.

22. Ritt31

Ritt31 LET'S GO PITT!

1. Provide the link to your new member application. [ame="http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26064"]http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26064[/ame]
    2. Have you read and agree with the league rules? Yes.
    3. What is it that you feel that you could bring to the league that other applicants wont? Active in the forums and I think I will be into the recruiting so hopefully stealing recruits. With the new Dynasty Wire, I will enjoy the writeups win or lose because I like to write.
    4. This league requires a high level of involvement, do you feel that you can meet the requirements of the league? Sure do.
    5. What is your typical availability? Evenings. I work until 5:30pm or so every weekday. Weekend are hit or miss but prior to scheduling games will advise of availability.

23. Ritt31

Ritt31 LET'S GO PITT!

Forgot link to application....[ame="http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26064"]http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26064[/ame]

24. Outspoknpoet

Good to see interest is still going strong.

You guys should consider posting your team's initial scouting report post in the Scouting Report Area.

[ame="http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=276"]You can use mine as a reference.[/ame]​

Then the rest of the posts will be from your opponents about your team. I know it isn't 'smart' but you can even give people some idea of how your team will be operating this season.

PEACE!

25. Outkizast

Outkizast Walk On

haha his catching is ONLY a 74? My best receiver has some work to do, coming in at a whopping 68 catch... with several other receivers in the 50's in catching... I think it's safe to say I will not be running an air raid offense... haha

Outspoknpoet- I will take a closer look at what I have going for me and post my scouting report in a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.