NCAA 12 - 2011 WK 2

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #23 Georgia Bulldogs (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 49-21 against Boise State (0-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host #12 South Carolina (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Joe Ginn has committed to Georgia
    - (****) QB Will Oliver has committed to Georgia
    - (****) CB Justin Veney has committed to Wisconsin

=============== Utah Utes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Utah won 59-6 against FCS West .
    This week, the Utes travel to Los Angeles to face the USC Trojans (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE J.J. Hurst has committed to Utah
    - (***) LE Todd Lewis has committed to Utah
    - (****) HB Jason Ford has committed to Oklahoma State

=============== #19 Mississippi State Bulldogs (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Mississippi State won 37-10 against Memphis (0-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Auburn to face the #11 Auburn Tigers (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Mississippi State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Marcus Walker has committed to Mississippi State
    - (***) TE Jeff Harris has committed to Ole Miss

=============== #15 Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 63-28 against FCS Southeast .
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host Fresno State (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LG Tommy Coleman has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) RE Gene Coleman has committed to Nebraska

=============== Ole Miss Rebels (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Ole Miss won 45-34 against BYU (0-1).
    This week, the Rebels will host FCS Midwest .
    In recruiting news, the following Ole Miss targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Jeff Harris has committed to Ole Miss

=============== Oregon State Beavers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 62-0 against FCS West .
    This week, the Beavers travel to Madison to face the #9 Wisconsin Badgers (1-0).

=============== Penn State Nittany Lions (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 64-7 against FCS Midwest .
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host #3 Alabama (1-0).

=============== #4 Stanford Cardinal (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Stanford won 62-22 against San Jose State (0-1).
    This week, the Cardinal travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Stanford targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB John Darby has committed to Stanford
    - (***) LOLB Austin Gandy has committed to Stanford

=============== #12 South Carolina Gamecocks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, South Carolina won 55-24 against ECU (0-1).
    This week, the Gamecocks travel to Athens to face the #23 Georgia Bulldogs (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following South Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Reggie Miles has committed to Missouri

=============== #9 Wisconsin Badgers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 38-3 against UNLV (0-1).
    This week, the Badgers will host Oregon State (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Clint Brothers has committed to Miami
    - (****) WR Bryant Myrick has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #25 Arizona State Sun Devils (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Arizona State won 69-10 against FCS West .
    This week, the Sun Devils will host Missouri (0-1).

=============== Michigan Wolverines (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 20-17 against Western Michigan (0-1).
    This week, the Wolverines will host #21 Notre Dame (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Brian Lee has committed to Michigan
    - (****) WR Bryant Myrick has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) QB Will Oliver has committed to Georgia

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Well, the saving grace of my recruiting class is that nobody else wants the players I'm after... So I should get most of them... :rolleyes:

3. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

My situation is very similar. The only difference is that not only does nobody else want the players I'm after, I don't either.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LMAO, technically, I never claimed to want mine either, i said I'm after them... Careful word selection!

5. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Thats what you think

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

WHATEVS!

7. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Im working on pipelines. 44 of the guys on my roster are from miss. I gotta branch out

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL...

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I got your pipeline right here.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    FCS SE dropped 28 on me. SMFH

11. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Dude, the FCS SE team is solid. It's got to be App. State. Haha.

12. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Just took a look at the rosters for Wisconsin and Oregon State. Someone hand me the K-Y. :(

13. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I wish. It was Tennessee chatanooga LOL

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Forgot to upload my damn vids! They're up on the Wire right now.

Utes Crash USC's "Welcome to the PAC12" Party
    45-37

Los Angeles, CA (AP) -- USC was supposed to play bad host and give Utah a rude introduction to PAC10 football in front of 90,000 fans. It wouldnt take long for all that to out the window though. Utah would go up 14-0 in the first 5:00 of the game thanks to a TD pass and a pick-6. The Utes would never surrender that lead and eventually blow it open in the third, going up 38-16. Twenty-one 4th quarter points from the Trojans made the score look closer than it was, but everyone who watched that game realized very quickly that Utah is for real.​

Junior QB Jordan Wynn finished his stellar game with 281yd and 4TD through the air. True Sophomore RB Thretton Palamo racked up 136yd and 1TD on 24 carries. The Utah defense was great as well. They had 3 INTs and held USC to under 100yd rushing. Barkley was able to put up big numbers, but that could be attributed to Coach Max letting off the gas a tad early, and getting a little conservative toward the end of the game. The Coaches will no doubt force the issue of "closing out" games, and next week's motto during practice very will could be something like "Put them away".​

Utah improves to 2-0(1-0) and will look to continue their winning ways in the coming weeks. The Utes are lucky enough not have to face Luck and/or Stanford for the next 2 seasons, but games vs ASU and OSU still loom large on the conference schedule.​

16. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

1st user game of year.

Oregon st 24 / Wisconsin 16

Their dline just owned us, plain and simple. 8 sacks, 4 turnovers, Wilson got pressured all day and our running game was contained most of the time. Great game by parrot, solid and really honest player. Great addition to the league even though he's a Douche who just kicked my ass lol. Will let him do a better write up since he won. Gg buddy. Next year ill come to Oregon if u want.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    NEBRASKA- 45, FRESNO STATE- 19
    ---2nd game in a row where we gave up quite a few pass yards (around 290). We didn't play as aggressively in the 2nd half and it showed as we only gave up 6 points in the 2nd half on 2 FG's. Martinez had an excellent game with 358 yards passing and 3TD's. TE Kyler Reed is showing to be a matchup nightmare and FR-WR Kenny Bell is making strides on his own as well. JR-RB Rex Burkhead ran for 120 yards on 19 carries as well as 104 yards receiving with a TD rushing and receiving. Lest not forget about FR Aaron Green, who ran for 35 yards and a score but took a kick back 99 yards for another TD.

Defensively we buckled down in the 2nd half on their passing game. Their run game led by impact RB Robbie Rouse (92) was shut down as he ran for 33 yards before exiting with an injury. We picked off their QB 2 times, one by FS Courtney Osborne and the other by CB Ciante Evans. Overall we seem to be rounding into form nicely as our conference schedule looms.

18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Ima scared to play Bama....I will be playing this afternoon

19. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Miss St. beat the defending national champs 28-14 (I think lol). Had to restart due to the game freezin right after the start of the second quarter. I was up 7-0. Had an all around good game. More of a write up tonight when I'm home.

20. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Oregon State 24, Wisconsin 16

My first user game in The Tradition did not disappoint. This game was a classic. Wisconsin won the toss and elected to kick. The Beavers put together a solid drive, but stalled outside of field goal range. The Badgers were able to get to about midfield on their first possession before having to punt. The ensuing punt was downed at the 1 yard line (both of us swear the thing hit the ref and stopped, lol). The very next play saw Oregon State QB Ryan Katz get sacked in the end zone for a safety. Things were not looking good for the Beavers at that point.

Wisconsin took over again after the free kick and Russell Wilson found Nick Toon streaking down the right sideline and hit him for a 45 yard TD. 9-0 Badgers now.

If OSU ever needed to put together a drive with points, now was the time. A methodical drive mixing the pass and the run paid off. Wisconsin showed blitz, but the d-backs backed off at the last minute. It was just a smidge late, though, as Katz found TE Joe Halahuni streaking up the field and hit him with a quick pass. The Badger defenders came just shy of getting him before the goal line. Wisconsin 9, Oregon State 7.

The teams would trade a couple of possessions, with Oregon State adding a 42 yard FG to take the lead going into halftime, 10-9.

Having kicked to start the game, Wisconsin receives to start the second half. A nice drive is put together eating up 3:22 of clock and culminating in a 3 yard TD run by HB James White. Wisconsin 16, Oregon State 10.

At this point, the defensive coaches let loose on the players, hoping for some changes before things got out of hand again. The offense was able to move the ball, but could never get anything going. "It's up to us!" was heard from a defensive huddle to start the 4th quarter. They would not disappoint. Russell Wilson was probably missing North Carolina at this point, as his abilities seemed to falter. Thinking he saw man defense, he fired off a quick pass to the flat. This was picked off by CB Jordan Poyer and returned 31 yards to put the Beavers back on top, 17-16. The next possession would have Wilson fumbling the ball away on a scramble giving the Beavers wonderful field position. Looking for another score, the Beavers handed it off to their FB, only to see him fumble it away inside the 10. Wisconsin would start the hurry-up offense and was pushing the ball down the field in a hurry. A huge sack on second down led to a 3rd and 20 or so from just inside Beaver territory with around 30 seconds to go. The next play would see Wilson not only get sacked, but put the ball on the turf. MLB Rueben Robinson scooped it up and hustled it 47 yards into the end zone to put Oregon State up 24-16. A couple of desperation passes later and the game was over.

The difference in the game was turnovers (4 for Wisconsin, 1 for Oregon State), as well as Oregon State's d-line having a huge game (8 sacks and a number of hurries and knockdowns).

Players of the game for Oregon State:
    Offense - TE Joe Halahuni - 4 catches for 62 yards and a TD
    Defense - MLB Rueben Robinson - 6 solo tackles, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 1 TD
    Honorable Mention on Defense - DE Taylor Henry and DE Andrew Seumalo - each had 3 sacks

Oregon State has a bye in week 3 and will return to action in week 4 hosting UCLA in their Pac 12 opener.

GG NYJuggalo45

On a side note, I was unable to upload the videos I saved from the game. For the second time after a game, I got an error saying I'd been disconnected from Xbox Live and needed to reconnect. The game freezes at that point. I know I'm still on Live because I'm talking to people on chat. Any ideas on what's going on or how to fix it?

21. jfosh

jfosh Super

u should be....bama owns you

• Like Like x 1
  22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nope.. I can't believe the dynasty is already screwed up with that and not being able to see rosters online.... lol

That happened to me all last year, I couldn't upload vids.

Guys I am out for a VERY short vacation... Juggs is going to advance tonight after the game between Rip and Blaza gets played. I will be back sometime on Friday or at the latest SAturday. I"ll do recruiting online, and if I need to be simmed, sim me.

23. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

It's not just the dynasty. The first time it happened was the C2C dynasty here. It has only happened after user games. CPU games are fine. I've still had user games do fine, too, so I'm not sure WTF it is.

24. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I had the same problem last season and a lot of others did as well.

25. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

It's tiring. Not a big deal as long as the other guy was able to get the game logged, but I've had people just quit out of the game entirely without going back to the OD lobby and then the game doesn't get recorded at all. It's a hassle. Plus, I like putting up the videos from big plays, and then you end up not being able to do so.