NCAA 12 - 2012 Week 14

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    This week, as recruiting winds down, I will look at the QB position and how it fares for the seasons to come.

=============== #17 Georgia Bulldogs (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 63-5 against Kentucky (4-7).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host #2 Georgia Tech (10-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Erik Jackson has committed to Georgia

---Georgia's QB position looks bright but it all depends if JR-QB Aaron Murray (97) comes back for his senior season. If he does, he can let the two freshman behind him mature more and learn this offense. FR Will Oliver (78) is redshirting right now but looks like the future at the position. He has 85THP and 84THA.

=============== #8 Utah Utes (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Utah won 38-31 against Oregon State (7-3).
    This week, the Utes will host Cal (5-6).

---SR-QB Jordan Wynn (94) will be gone after this season and the Utes QB spots looks iffy right now. They may turn to Tyler Schreve (74) who would be a JR next season. Schreve starting would make the already heavy run oriented Utes even more run oriented.

=============== #6 Mississippi State Bulldogs (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Mississippi State won 50-33 against Arkansas (6-5).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Oxford to face the #18 Ole Miss Rebels (8-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Mississippi State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Tom Hancock has committed to UCF
    - (***) DT Eric Berry has committed to Ole Miss

---JR-QB Tyler Russell (80) should be back next year, giving FR-QB Dak Prescott (73) the likely favorite to take over the job in two years. Unless MISS State grabs a stud QB, Prescott should develop into a nice pocket passing QB (83THP/ 84THA).

=============== #14 Nebraska Cornhuskers (8-3) ===============
    Last week the Cornhuskers were idle.
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host #23 Wisconsin (7-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Amir Kelly has committed to Ohio State
    - (***) MLB Cedric Butler has committed to Nebraska

---Nebraska may have one more year of Taylor Martinez (92) as the starter but afterwards, their future is between two QB's. Two-star QB Bubba Starling (78) is a prime candidate with his dual threat capacity or it could be FR-QB Jeff Lindsey (77), who is redshirting and already has one of the better arms on the team (88THP/83THA).

=============== #18 Ole Miss Rebels (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Ole Miss won 23-17 against LSU (7-4).
    This week, the Rebels will host #6 Mississippi State (9-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Ole Miss targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Leon Chance has committed to Arkansas

---The inconsistent Robert Mackey (91) will be graduating and hoping for a shot in the pros but the future maybe FR Kevin McMahan (71). He's being redshirted now and is a pure pocket passer but the Rebels hope he can get stronger and improve on his passing (81THP/80THA).

=============== #10 Oregon State Beavers (7-3) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State lost 38-31 against Utah (9-2).
    This week, the Beavers will host Oregon (9-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Chase Skinner has committed to Oregon State
    - (***) MLB Thomas Williams has committed to Oregon State
    - (****) WR Kevin Hardy has committed to Oregon State

---Ryan Katz (88) will graduate next year and hand the reigns off to now JR, then SR Cody Vaz (82). Vaz will be an improvement over Katz as Vaz (88THP/88THA) is a pocket passing QB. The future behind Vaz after next year may not be on the roster right now.

=============== #7 Penn State Nittany Lions (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Penn State lost 55-49 against Iowa (10-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (7-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Kevin Thomas has committed to Penn State

---PSU has an amazing 6QB's on the roster. Rob Bolden (86) is starting now but who knows how the staff feels about Bolden, who's lack of accuracy on his balls maybe his downfall. PSU's other candidates include SO Paul Jones (79/91THP/82THA) and FR Ryan Stark (79/87THP/80THA) who we feel may have the reigns to this puppy sooner than later.

=============== #1 Stanford Cardinal (12-0) ===============
    Last week, Stanford won 58-7 against Cal (5-6).
    This week, the Cardinal are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Stanford targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Shannon Brown has committed to North Carolina
    - (****) LOLB Preston Ford has committed to Stanford
    - (***) FS Ramon Gibson has committed to Stanford
    - (**) P Justin Rhodes has committed to Stanford

---Who's going to fill the rather large shoes of star QB Andrew Luck (99)? Pocket passing JR-QB Robbie Picazo (83) should start next year but after that, look for now FR John Darby (76) to get that distinction. He's redshirting right now but looks to have all the tools (88THP/84THA) to become the next QB to start 2-3 years at Stanford .

=============== #5 Tennessee Volunteers (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Tennessee won 27-14 against Vanderbilt (3-8).
    This week, the Volunteers will host Kentucky (4-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Tennessee targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Andy Richard has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== #23 Wisconsin Badgers (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin lost 37-34 against Illinois (7-3).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Lincoln to face the #14 Nebraska Cornhuskers (8-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Jimmy Newby has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) HB Daniel Wyatt has committed to Wisconsin

---Wisconsin's future at QB looks to be Ben Poole (77), a 6'3", 231lb specimen who despite not having top end speed can use his feet to get the first. More importantly in a year or two, he'll improve on his (85THP/82THA) and could give Wisconsin a passing threat.

=============== #24 Arizona State Sun Devils (7-3) ===============
    Last week, Arizona State won 41-35 against Arizona (3-9).
    This week, the Sun Devils travel to Boulder to face the Colorado Buffaloes (2-9).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Michael Simmons has committed to Arizona State
    - (***) SS Henry Carter has committed to Pittsburgh

---SO-QB Taylor Kelly (78) will start next year, likely getting two years of PT. He's more of a west coast type QB (82THP/85THA) who can make the short accurate throws.

=============== Michigan Wolverines (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 50-14 against Purdue (4-7).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Columbus to face the Ohio State Buckeyes (6-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LOLB Jon Brown has committed to Michigan
    - (****) HB Brandon Brooks has committed to Michigan

---Denard Robinson (95) graduates this year and next year will be Devon Gardner (83) time to shine. After that, true FR-QB Andy Moore (74) will be the man. He has speed (82) to get outside and hurt you with his legs but may develop a solid arm (85THP/77THA) and could compliment those quartet of WR's that Michigan has been gaining the past few years of recruiting.

• Like Like x 3
  2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Josh Nunes will be starting for the Cardinal. Gave him a redshirt to keep him around for one more season.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Randall Mackey has been better this year; I'm still making bad reads and stuff but he's not throwing as horribly... He's been very serviceable. AS for the future, I believe it will be in the hands of this kid after a redshirt year:

:4stars: #8 QB Bryan Huff - 6'2" 186 lbs - Amory MS
    C SPD/ C- AGI/ D AWR/ B STA/ B INJ/ B THP/ B THA/ D BTK/ D ELU/ D- TRK/ D+ CAR/
    I think he's one of the better pocket passers in the class and he has just enough speed to get a few yards if the play breaks down.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

So I gotta ask, because I'm wondering if it's me at this point. It seems like every single user game I play discos at some point. I know I missed a few this year, but last night vs. Mo, earlier in the year vs Fosh, last year I know it happened against JMS and I believe against Mo again?

Is this just common now...every user game discos? Are others able to play full games, meaning it's me? I really am not feeling user games anymore for the simple fact that I know at some point it will disco and one of us will have to play the cpu. Why bother?

5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

The last 2 I have played have disconnected. I think it has something to do with the servers.

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

ok well i feel better knowing its just not me...but at the same time, why bother?

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have only had 1 disco and that is vs you my amigo.

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Barring a very impressive offseason from Schreve, it looks like we will go with Mookie Cox at QB. Mookie is a true Freshman right now and looks like the exact opposite of Schreve. Schreve has the awareness and feet; Cox has the arm, lower awareness, and no feet.

Utah is bringing in another :4stars: QB (Josh Goode) that could compete for PT next season as well. Goode is 6'4, is a better runner than Cox, and has a better arm than Schreve. Coaches are counting on Cox to separate himself from the other QBs this offseason so Goode can take a redshirt though. Dont count out the possibility of Goode coming in and starting right away.

Our QB situation is definitely "iffy" at this point. I always feel better after training results, but we will definitely be seeing a dropoff in talent at the position. We have our fingers crossed though, and will be looking to recruit a big-time QB next season. Thankfully we have a ground game to fall back on!

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

We had a seamless game last night..

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

maybe it is me then. but there is never any lag, atleast on my end. Mo, Jms, Fosh...when we played was it smooth on your end too? It just stops and the "you have been disconnected from your opponent"

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I don't think it's you; if it's happened more than once in a row it's probably just a bit of bad luck...

12. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

=============== Michigan Wolverines (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 50-14 against Purdue (4-7).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Columbus to face the Ohio State Buckeyes (6-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LOLB Jon Brown has committed to Michigan
    - (****) HB Brandon Brooks has committed to Michigan

---Denard Robinson (95) graduates this year and next year will be Devon Gardner (83) time to shine. After that, true FR-QB Andy Moore (74) will be the man. He has speed (82) to get outside and hurt you with his legs but may develop a solid arm (85THP/77THA) and could compliment those quartet of WR's that Michigan has been gaining the past few years of recruiting.

I have not been sold on Gardner as he has alot of the same traits as DRob, so I have recruited 2 4:4stars:QB Josh Brady, nephew of Tom, who is 6-4 228 and has B+ throw power and B accuracy and ATH John Curtis who projects to a QB with B+ throw power and I hope has a good accuracy. I recruited an ATH just like him for Akron who had 89 throw power and 87 throw accuracy and came in 78 overall.

13. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Is week 14 really taking this long?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lol i thought we'd be done by now...who's left?

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    thank you Iowa :)

• Like Like x 1