NCAA 12 - 2012 WK 4

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    =============== #24 Georgia Bulldogs (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 42-30 against South Carolina (1-2).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host #22 Michigan (1-1).
    ---Coach Riptides got a huge win taking down South Carolina this past week with a huge game from QB Aaron Murray. Murray passed for 381 yards with 3TD's. He's going to need Murray to be just as effective against #22 ranked Michigan.

=============== #20 Utah Utes (0-1) ===============
    Last week the Utes were idle.
    This week, the Utes will host #1 Penn State (2-0).
    ---Coach MaxATX34 has a huge game with PSU. With a week to practice with the team, the Utes figure to be more competitive from the outset of the game. Can they stop the PSU ground game?

=============== #13 Mississippi State Bulldogs (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Mississippi State won 20-10 against Auburn (1-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Stanford to face the #2 Stanford Cardinal (2-0).
    ---Miss St enters a huge game this week, going to Cali to face the Cardinal. This will be a huge test for the Bulldogs, who shutdown the Auburn Tigers, allowing just 10 points. It would be equally impressive if they can contain the beast that is Andrew Luck, who by all accounts should be playing on Sundays.

=============== #9 Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 61-21 against Southern Miss (0-2).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Oxford to face the #25 Ole Miss Rebels (2-0).
    ---Nebraska's defense showed up much better this time against Southern Miss allowing 21 points. The defense is playing much better and Coach @moreecemos feels better about his matchup against a tough Ole Miss squad.

=============== #25 Ole Miss Rebels (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Rebels were idle.
    This week, the Rebels will host #9 Nebraska (2-0).
    ---Coach Hellisan and his boys will host the Cornhuskers, in a battle between two foes, who've done battle tons of times in T1. Helli has been looking for his SR-QB Randall Mackey to be more consistent this year with his throws. So far through two games, he has improved on his 48% completion percentage up to 60% at the time being.

=============== #18 Oregon State Beavers (0-1) ===============
    Last week the Beavers were idle.
    This week, the Beavers travel to Boise to face the #10 Boise State Broncos (2-1).
    ---Much like Utah, the OSU Beavers have had a lot of time to think about their first loss. Now, they head to the blue turf to play the #10 ranked Boise State Broncos. This is a big time matchup here and a win could put this OSU team right back on track.

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 24-10 against Tennessee (2-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Salt Lake City to face the #20 Utah Utes (0-1).
    ---PSU done something that no other two opponents on Tennessee's schedule have done, and that's score. Shocking enough, it was the passing game that throttled PSU to this victory as they threw for 179 yards compared to just 65 yards rushing. The loss of speedy RB Stephfon Green seems to be a huge deal right now.

=============== #2 Stanford Cardinal (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Stanford won 35-0 against Colorado (1-2).
    This week, the Cardinal will host #13 Mississippi State (3-0).
    ---The Cardinal are rolling right now, after shutting out Colorado. Stanford is showing the nation that they are as equally dangerous running the ball as they are passing the ball. Last game, Stephan Taylor rushed for 184 yards and 2 scores. He will be the one to watch I feel against Miss State.

=============== Tennessee Volunteers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Tennessee lost 24-10 against Penn State (2-0).
    This week, the Volunteers will host Florida (2-0).
    ---Tough loss for the Coach ctvolfan and the Vols against PSU as they go down 24-10. QB T.Bray struggled completing less than 50% on the game and also threw a pick. They will try to play better against SEC foe Florida.

=============== #12 Wisconsin Badgers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 63-21 against Arizona State (0-2).
    This week, the Badgers are idle.
    ---The Badgers must be counting their blessings tonight as they were suppose to go down to ASU. But a disco here, a CPU blowout of said ASU there, and the fact that Wisconsin bamboozled the commish so he couldn't throw out the results and you get a 63-21 shellacking. This week, coach NYJuggalo45 will have a bye as they go to the carribean and smile with their lucky win.

=============== Arizona State Sun Devils (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Arizona State lost 63-21 against Wisconsin (2-1).
    This week, the Sun Devils are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Chris Holly has committed to Arizona State
    ---Poor ASU. Coach jfosh can't catch a break. They had Wisconsin beaten by all accounts. But a disco ruined that. Even worse in the the bad loss to CPU Wisconsin, they gave up 534 yards, with RB's James White with 226yds rushing and 3TD's and Montee Ball rushing for 108yds on 2TD's. Back to the drawing board.

=============== #22 Michigan Wolverines (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 45-39 against Notre Dame (1-0).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Athens to face the #24 Georgia Bulldogs (2-1).
    ---Michigan's coach Twister18 was left scratching his head after ND scored 21 big points in the final period to beat his squad. ND's QB T.Rees threw for 442yds and 4TD's, torching the Michigan secondary every which way. But we looked deeper and saw that Michigan kicked 6 field goals. Those drives that stalled, at least just one, if it turned into a TD would have won them this game. D-Rob and the offense have to do a better job of finishing off drives for TD's instead of FG's.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Couple of things... I know Juggs will not be happy with that result.

As we all know this year it's going to be a test of patience with this product that EA has put out. We will either have to be patient and keep trying to find workarounds, or we will end up shutting it down and waiting till next year.

This time it's an easy one.... Henceforth, if a game disconnects and one person is determined the winner and has to replay... If that person has trouble versus the cpu, simply DO NOT FINISH the game if you are about to lose. Because apparently, I won't always be able to throw it out. :(

Just gonna tag everybody, so that everybody knows the correct process to follow. If you beat somebody but disconnect and have to play the cpu, you can take as many restarts as you need...

jms493
    Mogriffjr
    HotRod
    MaxATX34
    jfosh
    NYJuggalo45
    The Parrothead
    Riptides
    smlVICTORIES53
    Twister18
    ctvolfan

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Yeah...definitely not happy at all...and sorry Fosh. Know I had nothing to do with it...just sorry.

I have been one of the bigger adovocates for pushing thru and pressing on...but I think I have to do a 180 here. I think we should wait for the patch before continuing. The fact that Foshe beat me...disco...and then glitch that the replay against the cpu costs him a loss fucking blows. I don't know if the patch will actually address any of that, but I know playing with a game with this many bugs is quickly become more a pain in the ass than fun.

Again....sorry Josh

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Can someone kindly explain what happened b/c I am still confused.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

we played...fosh was up 21-7 with about 3 mins to go in the game and him driving again...disco. i conceeded the win to him, put myself on auto, and he played the cpu.

somehow cpu wisconsin put up 63 friggin pts on Fosh (I want to see the game tapes so I can get some hints), and Fosh lost 63-21 to the cpu. So had to be thrown out.

Helli asked me to log on as him to try to throw it out around 10pm. I did...tried throwing out both the results from ASU and Wisc standpoint. Tried about 20 times / 5 mins....Transfer Failed. Wouldn't allow me to do it. Spoke with Helli, he was gonna be home in about 10-15 mins and he said he would try.

Next I know this morning I get the email we advanced and the 63-21 result stood. So my guess is, it wasn't what time we were trying to do throw out the results, it wasn;t having it. Helli prob tried longer than me, still no good, spoke with Fosh and they advanced (assuming that but knowing Helli I'm confident it's true)

Or to summarize in 1 word or less.....shitty

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

ok .....i guess fosh did not have the option to continue vs CPU. Another tip for this is when a Team goes on auto for someone else to play and get a win....best to just take your starters out of the game. The win is more important than the stats.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Lets make a decision today. There are some user games this week. Does anyone have any reliable info on when the patch will be at least released to MS?

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Helli tried for an hour.

I don't see what waiting for a patch at all times NOW...would do...smh...

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    nope...and we have 9 days until the end of the month...we already lost steam from the last *wait*...smh.

and waiting for a patch from all accounts isn't an option because Helli didn't say anything of the sorts.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

ok.....I mean this one is not so much an EA fuck up. Except they fucked up the ability to throw shit out.

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I thought the patch was supposed to improve discos?

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

i guess but there will always be discos. I have been playing online since 2002 and the rate of discos have been about the same IMO from then to now. In fact I would say it is worse....I think it is the length of the game. I used to play 5-6 min quarters so there was less chance/time for connection problems.

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Ridiculous (edit: the ridiculous comment is geared towards EA, not any party involved in the issue other than them. Just wanted to be clear). It seems to me that the online dynasty worked much better last year than this year. It may just be that time has erased bad memories from my mind, but I believe that to be the case. My opinion is that we still push on, keeping in mind what Helli said regarding finishing the game out against the CPU. Hopefully EA's patch comes through for us.

14. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Not holding my breath on that one

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Here is the issue for Fosh Juggs.. And I feel bad too. But this is the conclusion I came to. He had such a bad season last year that he dropped to a 2-star school.

He had already lost a game this year. He's not getting to the National Championship game even with one loss because he's ranked so low in the polls (well not ranked>... you know what I mean).

This doesn't hurt his chance at a Pac-10 title because it wasn't in conference. And the best he can really do is reach 3-star status, which will probably require him to win like 8 games. If he won 12 games he'd still just get to 3-star next year. The game doesn't let you jump 2 stars.

I honestly don't know what happened yesterday, I'm assuming he was super-simming. Because the game was finished really quick and the score was brutal.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I don't think we should stop and wait for the patch, the only thing waiting or restarting would help with is the named roster glitch. Let's keep going, just remember I might not be able to throw your games out. So far no score changes which is good. I think me not saving the has helped somewhat. Knock on wood.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jfosh

jfosh Super

Hey thats the way the ball bounces for ASU.... dont worry about it juggs.....thanks for trying you to hellisan....

Lets keep rolling...ill win some games....it wasn't a conference game I can still win those :)

18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

WE WANT FOSH

[​IMG]

19. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

how is he gonna go to auburn? if anything...usc / oregon maybe

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have no idea....but it sounded good. Yeah go to USC!

21. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Rude and Crude Power Rankings after Week 5 is complete.

22. jfosh

jfosh Super

this scares me.

23. jfosh

jfosh Super

We are entrenched @ ASU .... ill ride her out

24. jfosh

jfosh Super

Looks like all the user game are scheduled for tonight should be a fast advance....crossing fingers

25. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Yea I will get my game in when I get home from work around 10 est