NCAA 12 - 2013 WK 3

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #16 Georgia Bulldogs (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Georgia lost 24-21 against Nebraska (2-0).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host South Carolina (1-1).
    ---The Bulldogs defense was stout, giving up just 1 yard of rushing to Nebraska and holding Trey Smith to just 13 yards on the game. In the end it was their pass defense that couldn't make the big play against Nebraska's offense. Watch out for the Bulldogs, who are a tough bunch.

=============== #13 Utah Utes (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Utah won 45-14 against Virginia Tech (1-1).
    This week, the Utes will host Colorado (0-1).
    ---#1 VTech had no chance against a pissed off Utes squad. Palamo, star RB for Utah, rushed for 185yds and 2TD's leading the charge.

=============== #17 Mississippi State Bulldogs (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Mississippi State won 31-21 against Boston College (0-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Auburn to face the #15 Auburn Tigers (1-0).
    ---Miss St gets on board with a win against Boston College. Their run game was stout as the duo of LaDareus Perkins and Michael Carr rushed for 176yds and 3TD's on the game.

=============== #9 Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 24-21 against Georgia (1-1).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host UCLA (1-1).
    ---Nebraska barely edged by Georgia, 24-21. It took Martinez and the passing game to take down the Bulldogs. Martinez threw for 298yds, passed and ran for a TD in the game as they move up to #9 in the rankings.

=============== #14 Ole Miss Rebels (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Rebels were idle.
    This week, the Rebels travel to Gainesville to face the Florida Gators (2-0).
    ---Ole Miss was idle this week but travel to face the Gators.

=============== #4 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host Virginia (1-0).
    ---PSU opened with two bye weeks in a row and we wonder if they will be rusty as they host (1-0) Virginia Cavaliers.

=============== #1 Stanford Cardinal (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Stanford won 69-17 against San Jose State (0-1).
    This week, the Cardinal travel to Ann Arbor to face the #25 Michigan Wolverines (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Stanford targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Neal Walter has committed to Stanford
    ---The Cardinal blast through San Jose State as they had 698yds of total offense in this onslaught. They will face a real test in the Wolverines, who boast a tough defense.

=============== #5 Tennessee Volunteers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Tennessee won 45-20 against Michigan (1-1).
    This week, the Volunteers travel to Corvallis to face the #12 Oregon State Beavers (1-0).
    ---Bray was a solid game manager, not turning the ball over and throwing 3TD's while RB Marlin Lane rushed for 198yds and a score leading the Vols over Michigan.

=============== Wisconsin Badgers (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Badgers were idle.
    This week, the Badgers will host #19 LSU (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Tyler Gary has committed to Minnesota
    ---The Badgers were idle this week but welcome in LSU, who should present a tougher matchup then their 1st opponent in Hawai'i.

=============== Arizona State Sun Devils (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Sun Devils were idle.
    This week, the Sun Devils will host FCS Northwest .
    ---The Sun Devils, much like PSU haven't played yet but in this case, ASU gets a cupcake after two straight bye weeks in the FCS Northwest team.

=============== #25 Michigan Wolverines (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 45-20 against Tennessee (2-0).
    This week, the Wolverines will host #1 Stanford (1-0).
    ---Michigan couldn't overcome Tennessee's offensive prowless as they fell to them 45-20. Devon Gardner tried to bring Michigan back by himself, passing for 417yds and 2TD's but he also threw 2 picks.

=============== #12 Oregon State Beavers (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Beavers were idle.
    This week, the Beavers will host #5 Tennessee (2-0).
    ---New @Coach III will face another new coach in lilmaggie as the two new owners face off in an interesting non-conference battle.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

just fyi it's Coach_III (has the underscore)... just saying cuz I saw you tried to peg him... lol

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    thanks that was 2 times i unsuccessfully tried to peg him lol

4. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

2 freezes and 3 hrs later, I finally got to finish the game. Love playing games the computer seems to have decided it's gonna win no matter what. Lbs covering wrs with 96 spd step for step, breaking all kinds of tackles, wr warping to catch balls. Just hate playing those games

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

We (cpu) lost to LSU. I played about a qtr and a half of it...was after 12, I got a delay of game cause I closed my eyes. Super simmed rest. Oh well

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Juggy and smls... doomsday 1 n 2... lol

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

naaa LSU sucked...I coulda won that game. I literally fell asleep and got a delay of game called on me. The controller vibrating woke me up. What are you gonna do though. Tonite going out, won't be home til like 2-3 am...and will be VERY drunk. So not holding up league til Saturday for a stupid cpu game. Fuck it...take the loss

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Utah QB Realizes Potential in First Home Start

Salt Lake City, UT (AP) -- The coaching staff at Utah must have known something the media and fans didnt. After splitting the first two games 1-1 and throwing 4 picks, Twitter was buzzing with disgruntled Utes fans calling for Cox's head and for Tyler Schreve to get the start. Schreve had performed admirably in relief of Jordan Wynn last year and the year before (and has done well on the field this season), so it was somewhat of a surprise when Coach Max named true Sophomore QB Mookie Cox his starter once again for Week 3. Even after blowing out the #1 VT Hokies in Vriginia, the Coaches had to stick up for the youngster in press conferences and interviews leading up to the Colorado game and it payed off.

16/17 216yd 3TD
    3 Rushes 9yd

That stat-line reversed sentiments at home and around the nation. Cox was surgical in this game. [Insert excellent QB performance cliche here]. Utah obviously still has a run game (3 rushers went for over 100yds vs the Rival Buffaloes), but the QB play has brought a buzz back to Salt Lake (Wynn who?). Fans and Media alike are anxious to see if Cox can continue this level of play once they hit the meat of their PAC-12 schedule. They wont have to wait long as the Utes play @USC next week before a much-needed BYE leading up to the Holy War.

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

Devils Pitch Shutout in Opener

Tempe, AZ (AP) -- The Arizona State University football season got underway last night and played out just as expected. The Devils jumped out early and coasted to an easy win racking up 649 yards total offense and 45 points against FCS West. Hardly a powerhouse, but the game was a great opportunity to showcase Halfbacks (SR) Deantre Lewis and transfer (JR) Roy Finch. Lewis got the start and carried the ball 9 times for 98 yards. Finch followed and might of stole the show popping off 2 long touchdown runs and a total of 3 TD's. Finch totaled 179 yards on the ground with just 10 carries.

The lopsided win gave the coaches an opportunity to just about every player on the roster. Taylor Kelly got the better of Michael Eubanks in the QB battle. Kelly completed 9 of 12 for 298 yards and 3 touchdowns and 0 int's. Kelly was able to hook up on a long pass to super speedster JJ Holliday 65 yards for the score. The catch was Holliday's only one as spent most of the game cheering on his teammates.

Defensively the Devil's lack a superstar like in recent past but played very well as a team in the shutout. DE's Junior Onyeli and Davon Coleman looked sharp, each logged 2 sacks in limited action.

Moving forward UCLA is next week which will provide a better gauge for this years Sundevils. ASU has a legit deep threat and a guy who has proven he can be a force on offense in Holliday. The Devils are stocked at HB with Lewis and Finch both guys are threat to break one at any time. QB Taylor Kelly will have to prove he can command the offense and deliver the ball to Holliday. The knock on Kelly is his armstrength. #1 Stanford follows the UCLA game in a matchup that looked to be the conference championship game before the ASU implosion at Colorado.

Thanks twist for setting up my recruiting board in week 1. I spent last night adding and subtracting only to be logged off xbox live and unable to get back in so i lost all my new changes and my time....We cant get a break.

congrats JMS

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

jfosh

did you insta-sign a guy then lose him to the logout or something?

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    NEBRASKA OUTLASTS THE UCLA BRUINS

The 1st quarter seemed to have more scoring than some games do. At the end of the 1st, it was Nebraska- 28, UCLA- 21. But after the initial outburst of scoring. Both teams scored a combined 41 points throughout the next 3 quarters as some semblance of defense came through both teams.

But in all reality, while the score of 56-34 would indicate tons of yardage, that wasn't so. Both teams had exactly 339yds of offense.

Nebraska's early points came on the legs of Aaron Green, who returned 2 kicks for TD. Also, they had star CB Ciante Evans pick off a pass and return it for TD. The offense for the most part struggled to move the ball against the Bruins. Trey Smith was stifled with just 67yds on 19 carries. He just couldn't get any room. Meanwhile Green had 3TD's on the game, 2 on kicks and one rushing on the ground.

The defense settled down for Nebraska after giving up two long plays in the 1st quarter. They gave up a 71yd pass from Evans to WR B.Hundley then a long run of 69 yards to M.Jones. But after that, UCLA scored just 13 points in 3 quarters and limited their QB to 9/30 passing while picking him off 2 times.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

are we advancing already? i am getting a message on the site that i cant recruit because we are advancing....:(

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

i guess we are....missed week 3 recruiting....damn

14. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Offense shines in Georgia's SEC Opener

Following a deflating loss at home against the Cornhuskers of Nebraska, Georgia set out to prove that they were still a top ten team. The offense in Athens looked like a Top 10 team. The Defense? Not so much. The offense has just under 600 yards on the day, and they only punted once. The defense gave up five touchdowns, but did cause a turnover.

The game started fast with Georgia driving down to score on a 1 yards rush from Michael Ford, but Jay Pittman missed the XP. South Carolina would answer on the ensuing drive, with Connor Shaw throwing his lone TD of the day. After a quiet few minutes, South Carolina would score again, this time Shaw would run it in from 8 yards out, to make the score 14-6. Georgia would then score back to back touchdowns, both on passes from Aaron Murray, a top five QB in the country, to Justin Scott Wesley. One of those two touchdowns was a 98 yard beauty of a jail break screen. The offensive line set it up beautifully and Wesley outran the secondary for 6. After a failed 2 PT try, and an XP, Georgia would take the lead going into halftime with the score 19-14.

The two teams would go back and forth in the 3rd quarter, with both teams scoring two touchdowns. Backup Gamecock QB Tanner McEvoy threw two interceptions of 1 and 37 yards respectively in the 3rd, and Georgia's Ford would run one in from 72 on a little draw bounced outside. Wesley would also score again from 10 yards out. Georgia and South Carolina would exchange touchdowns again in the 4th quarter, until Ford, who rushed for over 175 yards in the 2nd half, took one in from 58 yards to seal the cake with a minute to go. Georgia would hold on to win 47-35, and will face Wisconsin in Week 4.

Stats:
    Aaron Murray: 16/21 301 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT
    Michael Ford: 31 Carries, 284 yards, 3 TDs
    Justin Scott Wesley: 8 Catches, 186 yards, 3 TDs
    Nick Marshall: 6 Tackles
    Brian Dunn: 3 Tackles, 1 INT

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

OOOH... that sucks. since you're not playing your game, I didn't think anything of the fact that you weren't greened up, figured you already recruited.