NCAA 12 - 2014 WK 1

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Unfriendly Confines

The Sea of Red has proven to be a difficult place to get a win on the road.

Welcome to Week 1!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #13 Georgia Bulldogs (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Ames to face the Iowa State Cyclones (0-0).

=============== #14 Utah Utes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Utes are idle.

=============== Mississippi State Bulldogs (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Southern Miss (0-0).

=============== #1 Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cornhuskers are idle.

=============== #8 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Orlando to face the #17 UCF Knights (0-0).

=============== #9 Ole Miss Rebels (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Rebels travel to Austin to face the #22 Texas Longhorns (0-0).

=============== #4 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Chestnut Hill to face the Boston College Eagles (0-0).

=============== #3 Stanford Cardinal (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cardinal are idle.

=============== #19 Tennessee Volunteers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Volunteers are idle.

=============== Arizona State Sun Devils (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Sun Devils are idle.

=============== #25 Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wolverines will host Temple (0-0).

=============== Oregon State Beavers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Beavers travel to Oxford to face the Miami University RedHawks (0-0).

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Penn State........Speed and Youth. This team is raw but speedy and loaded with potential. I finally have MY team!

• Like Like x 2
  3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Well all that practice for nothing. I have to find another playbook because the defense dont react to my triple option plays. They dont move at all.

5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Internet is down for tonight.

6. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I destroyed Iowa State 70-24. I took the opening kickoff back, and then after a 3 and our I took the punt return back.

The bad thing was though when I was up 42-24, I kept Crowell in the game to close them out and score again, but on a third down play to the left he got the first down, but broke his elbow, ending his season. Georgia is now starting a true freshman at the I-Back position.

Hellisan , can I get a medical redshirt? Lol

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Well new playbook and rain did not bode well for the Penn State Offense. We might be going back to Stanford playbook.

We barely escaped Boston college winning 30-27 in OT. The missed the tying FG in OT by a cunt hair. Bolden.....smh was a fumble and sack machine.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Just a couple of points or ideas that I'd like to discuss with the group starting off this season...

Gameplay issues: I don't feel we have many problems right now. I feel everybody is playing it straight and appreciate that - I'm happy with where we are as a league.

One thing I do want to mention is the issue of trying to right wrongs mid-game... Couple of issues here...

1) The bogus safety thing... If somebody you're playing against gets screwed by the safety glitch, I think the right thing to do is to give them a safety back on the following kickoff and go from there. I had this happen to me once and indeed lost the game because of it... The glitch is as follows: Guy catches an interception going backwards, and even if he's at the 1-2 yard line with all momentum going into the end zone, it's called a safety if he goes in and downs it or gets tackled. So if you catch an INT here, try to get out of the end zone in order to not get screwed, but if you're on the other side... Make it right.

2) Don't screw yourself trying to be too sim... The intention is the key thing here... An example I would use is my last game against Makin... He had the ball and was driving still in the game, and had a somewhat late (some might say) pitch to an open HB... Personally I thought it was fine, I mean that's the point, right? Draw the D and pitch... It wasn't like the QB threw it out his butt, or through a defender, or anything... And yet makinpropel dutifully ran it out of bounds 5 yards short of the 1st down marker on 2nd down... Couldn't make the 3rd down... and lost a ton of momentum in the process.. We have to realize that working the option into your attack is difficult this year. Sometimes the pitch happens a good deal after you hit the button. Let's remember that the issue with late pitches and people bitching about late pitches came because of the REAL LATE pitches where the guy threw it while he was almost down... All I care about is that you aren't TRYING to late pitch an opponent. Don't screw yourself trying to be too sim! :D One option might be to run it out after the 1st down, if it wasn't intentional but you think it was screwy... In the end I will leave it up to the individual... But that's where I stand.

3) I want your opinion on sliders. I had some slider changes I wanted to make prior to this year but forgot to do it before going to week 1. Do you mind if we add those slider changes (I will keep them minimal) heading into week 2, or do you prefer just keeping these ones all year?

jms493
    Mogriffjr
    HotRod
    MaxATX34
    jfosh
    The Parrothead
    smlVICTORIES53
    Twister18
    makinpropel
    Coach_III
    BDSDIGITAL

4) Recruiting clones: I want to mention this because it's pretty annoying at least to me. I'd like to see people avoid recruiting too many of the exact same player for their team. An example this year is JMS with that fucking identical clone to the guy you just recruited last year. It's not your fault the guy is in PA and has you first... But do you really want two of the exact same player? If you get him and the same happens next year, would you try and get 3 identical little shits? Again... Not your fault, and I don't think it's my place to create a rule about it.. Personally I am willing to let the cpu have him (I'm not recruiting him) if everybody else is.... The guy you landed last year is going to have an incredible career most likely... If there's another player so similar that the only difference is the name, doesn't that sully your enjoyment of it just a little?

It isn't just the annoying speed HB's that I'm referring to, I have a OLB that I insta-signed (Trevor Huff) who has a nearly identical clone in Ryan Hart... In fact every rating is identical between these two guys. They are both good and I'd love to have both but it just isn't interesting or fun to me to have two of the EXACT same player. What do you guys think about this? I wish EA would do a better job with this.

9. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Hellisan I forgot to recruit last night. I tried to get on this morning todo it but the EA servers are / were down. I'll so it as soon as iget home from work (5est) or if you're ready to advance don't wait for me. That's my fault and I don't want to hold everyone up.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

We should wait. It is like the most important week for recruiting.

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

OK I have a hard time about sliders because it is tough when your team changes each year. I have found running harder IMO. I had a 99 rated HB and a solid oline and struggled alot vs the CPU. User games sometimes seemed easier to run. I cant say anything now b/c my oline is new.

Recruiting....sigh the clones. I agree it is kind of silly to have another HB the same as the one I signed. I dont need him but I also dont need Ohio State to have them as well. Also what if the next 2 years I dont get any decent HBs interested in my school and I am kicking myself for not going after him. I do see some defensive guys that are awesome that I simply dont need but I really should sign but I am not going after them. I think this is be a none issue. I think it should be personal preference IMO. If every recruit I sign I need to review if I have another on like him it is going to become a chore.

This is an issue because there are too many studs and the CPU is not good at recruiting. 80% of the teams are going to be loaded to the gills soon with studs and that is when it gets boring. Nebraska vs Penn State is like too all star teams.

Either you make a rule or you leave it up to the coaches descretion. I see your point. If I saw this before I offered Hall a scholly and wasted 1 hour on him I might have cut him off the board. Honestly I still might cut him off the board as I dont need him, but in the back of my head I fear seeing him on Ohio State.

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    hey hey don't be lumping me in with you JMS, i have only 2 90+ overall guys, my best guy being my kicker ;) who's 95.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Splitting hairs....your team is every bit as solid as mine. The difference between a 91 OVR and 89 OVR......is nill.

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    87 ovr and up for PSU- 19
    PSU team grades- A OVR, A OFF, A DEF

87 ovr and up for NEB- 13
    NEB team grades- A- OVR, B+ OFF, B+ DEF

still splitting hairs?

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yes those numbers are BS. IF you really want to get into it. 2 of those are Kickers and punters, I have 2 back up QBS that wont see the field that are over 88. I have 3 87+ halfbacks but only 1 will get the majority of carries.

Those team grades are BS as well. We all know that most of the teams are pretty good and it comes down to the USER on the sticks and making sound decisions. The problem is that most of the league are pulling in solid recruiting classes now and everyone is going to have a really good team. I feel like last year there were less standout players. At Wisconsin I had K Lewis, Jones and 2 solid QBS. Already with Penn State we have potential stars at almost every skill position, which makes it a little less interesting IMO.

16. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

i know another league that was having kinda the same problem as you guys so they did this
    Recruiting Restrictions
    For NCAA 12, we are instituting a new system for restricting user recruiting classes. Five-star recruits will be capped based on current team prestige. Six-star programs may sign only four five-star recruits, five-star programs may sign only five five-star recruits, four-star programs may sign only six five-star recruits, and so forth. Furthermore, the sum of four-star and five-star recruits may never exceed twelve.

For example, if you are a six-star program, you may sign up to four five-star players. If you sign the maximum of four, your four-star recruits are capped at eight. However, if you sign zero five-star recruits, you may sign up to twelve four-star players.

Three-star recruits and lower are not capped, as long as you stay within your scholarship allotment. As a reminder, one-star recruits do not count towards scholarship limits.

Penalties:

• First Offense: All players causing the user to go over the violated restriction must be cut. Each player cut will result in the loss of two scholarships for the following season.
    • Second Offense: In addition to the penalties outlined for first-time offenders, the user will also lose access to all players in the SPARQ 100 for the following season.
    • Third Offense: In addition to the aforementioned penalties, the user will face a serious discussion with the commissioner and the board about your inability to abide by rules in order to come up with a solution to the problem

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    And that's why helli pointed you out recruit hoarder! We could always go to heisman recruiting.

I do agree that user makes the difference though.

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I am aware of the rules that are out there and I have always been hesitant to go to them; this has always been a league where it is cutthroat recruiting, frankly that has always worked fine for us. However the recruiting just seems a bit easy this year. Maybe we will have to do something like that... Of course it would have to be instituted before we start recruiting. This year there were 2 teams that had 6 five-star recruits (mine and UGA). That would be much more bothersome if the 5-star guys were all that GREAT, however most of the time they're just a 4-star unless you get a top-top guy who lives up to that ranking.

My only problem is with those fucking clones, you'd think they would have come up with a better way of creating recruits than to just pick say a template... and have them be within 1-2 inches and 10 lbs. of it yet have almost the same exact ratings...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I don't think Twister had played his game.... But yeah I'll wait for ya regardless.

20. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Ok sorry about that. I was online an everything after playing perry last night and it completely slipped my mind. Thanks.

21. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    While the clone stuff may be annoying, we are also looking for guys to fit our team. When you are choosing between two players and player A is a similar player to someone you recruited in a previous season and player B is much less talented wouldn't you be more inclined to go after player A regardless? It's hard to really crack down on that because at the end of the day we are trying to recruit the best team possible and also choose battles wisely.

22. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I agree with the safety thing.

I don't care if you tweak the sliders

• Like Like x 1
  23. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah I mean I don't need Russel hall but fuck he may be the best player in the class. Honestly I don't know what to do at this point. I kind of look like a dick for signing him but in the latter if my 1 of my HBs get hurt or transfers or leave early.....i will regret.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah... Sorry, I didn't mean to call you out and i know that you'll understand that I'm not trying to make you look bad, I'm just complaining about a game issue that is an EA screwup. In the end it is up to your discretion since I haven't instituted any rules or anything like that. It's just something I wanted to call out, I think we will all get more fun out of the game if we don't have all these identical players on our squads.

25. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Recruiting on Heisman would help. But its a challenge with smaller schools