NCAA 12 - 2015 WK 1

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Nov 5, 2011.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Welcome to Week 1!

Remember to visit to publish your own stories.

=============== #10 Georgia Bulldogs (0-0) ===============

This week, the Bulldogs are idle.

=============== #4 Utah Utes (0-0) ===============

This week, the Utes travel to Knoxville to face the #16 Tennessee Volunteers (0-0).

=============== #23 Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============

This week, the Wolverines travel to Logan to face the Utah State Aggies (0-0).

=============== #7 Mississippi State Bulldogs (0-0) ===============

This week, the Bulldogs travel to Fresno to face the Fresno State Bulldogs (0-0).

=============== #1 Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-0) ===============

This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Las Vegas to face the UNLV Rebels (0-0).

=============== #3 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============

This week, the Buckeyes are idle.

=============== #14 Ole Miss Rebels (0-0) ===============

This week, the Rebels travel to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (0-0).

=============== #2 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============

This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Tallahassee to face the Florida State Seminoles (0-0).

=============== #11 Stanford Cardinal (0-0) ===============

This week, the Cardinal are idle.

=============== #16 Tennessee Volunteers (0-0) ===============

This week, the Volunteers will host #4 Utah (0-0).

=============== Arizona State Sun Devils (0-0) ===============

This week, the Sun Devils travel to El Paso to face the UTEP Miners (0-0).

=============== Oregon State Beavers (0-0) ===============

This week, the Beavers will host #24 Texas (0-0).

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Penn State Struggles early with Florida State by then starts smashing Florida forcing 3 fumbles and 1 int in the 4th quarter. 60-24 Lions win.

***#1 Heisman Candidate Junior HB Maurice West breaks his elbow after rumbling for 130 yards. He is OUT FOR THE SEASON.

Penn State will be juggling HBS all season, we have a stock pile of them exactly for this situation.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Feb 10, 2009
    Wow, what the hell! That really sucks about West, he is a once in a long while type of player... 250+ lbs. with that kinda speed? Damn.
  4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Yeah luckily I have other studs to play with. It would really take the fun out the season if he was my only back, I was looking forward to running over Nebraska and Stanford with him but I will have to change my gameplay
    a bit now.
  5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Nebraska cruises over UNLV, 62-7.

The story here was the defense, which allowed just 23 yards of offense on the game and just 1 first down to UNLV.

We held their QB to 6/17 passing, 45yds and 2INT's. He was sacked 8 times on the game with LB Gary Irby having 2.5 of them. FS Craig Mack had 2INT's. Simply put UNLV was suffocated for the whole game.

Meanwhile the new offense was successful and surprisingly effective running the ball (again this is UNLV). Trey Smith rushed for 188yds and 2TD's before leaving with a broken wrist.

New starter JR Jeff Lindsey threw for 346yds, 4TD's and 2INT's and combined with backup QB Bubba Starling, we completed passes to 11 different receivers (which is what we wanted to accomplish). Dustin Herron caught 6 balls for 120yds and a TD while Steve MCCauley caught 5 balls for 100yds and 2TD's.