***** NCAA 12 BfR League Discussion *****

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Feb 16, 2011.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I know that 12 is still awhile away but I would like to get some discussion going on what you guys want to do for next year's game. There are a couple of choices we have to look at.

Just so everybody knows, there will be a draft for teams based on A) seniority and B) content. Those two things will determine where you are in the draft order.

The options:

• Do we stick with the original Bowlin' for Roses concept of (6) Big Ten teams verse (6) Pac Ten teams? Keep in mind, it will be split in divisions now. Of course, that depends on whether EA puts that in the game.
    • Or do we go with something like Big Ten(4), Pac Ten(4) and SEC(4)?
    There are pros and cons for both options. I want to hear your thoughts.

2. controllerabuser

As I indicated above there will be a list that determines the draft order. I contemplated whether I should post it or not. I think that by posting it, you guys can see it and it will help drive content. I made this list a couple weeks ago. Don't get discouraged where you are yet. As I mentioned, seniority is first but the order can change based on content. I am hoping that you guys seeing this will drive you to create content. Remember content doesn't have to be hard. It doesn't have to be novels. Just creative little things to generate posts and activity.

The Leaders Division: Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue and Wisconsin.
    The Legends Division: Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska and Northwestern.

North: Washington, Washington State, Oregon, Oregon State, Cal and Stanford.
    South: USC, UCLA, Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah.

Bowlin' for Roses Team Draft Order
    1. onaradio - Utah, 2. Colorado, 3. Northwestern
    2. Bob - 1. Michigan, 2. USC, 3. Stanford
    3. Mike- 1. Iowa
    4. Diddy -1. tOSU, 2.USC, 3. Purdue
    5. ryty - 1. Wisconsin, 2. Stanford, 3. Washington
    6. CA - 1. Minnesota, 2. Cal, 3. Michigan State
    7. tuco- 1. Penn State, 2. Washington, Arizona State
    8. nrg- 1. Oregon, Cal, Stanford
    9. Zikry - 1. USC, 2. Oregon, 3. Penn State
    10. GTG - 1. Washington, 2. Stanford, 3. Arizona
    11. MG - 1. Stanford, UCLA, Oregon State
    12. Cimmy - 1. UCLA, 2. Cal, 3. Arizona

3. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

I'm really liking the current set-up as it is. However, adding the SEC has the potential to spice things up a bit. I'm good either way! I can only hope that whoever is ahead of me will do me the favor of choosing Oregon, as it's stressful playing with your favorite team! I think I aged 5 years after the first season (5-7 record lmao) :D

4. controllerabuser

I agree with both options.

I like the original concept. The 6 and 6 makes you have to earn your way through the conference and winning a major bowl or National Championship is very rewarding. However, there is a drop-off in the top to bottom competition.

Adding the SEC, as you said spices things up. It also spreads us out recruiting wise and gives everybody a shot at recruiting and getting a team they can compete with. Which was brought up to me before.

There are a lot of good match-ups and history with these 3 conferences that would create a good league.

5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I'm very much in favor of Pac 10/Big 10. The addition of Nebraska and Utah gives us 2 more really good options and the ccg's are gonna be great.

I really don't see recruiting as being that much better with the SEC. Yeah, everyone should have better teams, but now you are also throwing Alabama, Florida, Auburn, etc in with Mich, USC, Ohio St, Oreg. Those six or seven could easily sign 90% of the 5* guys and handpick what 4* guys they want. How would that dramatically improve Penn State's chances?

Being in the Big 10, I'm still interested in what's going on in the Pac because there are 6 users. I'm afraid I'll lose interest when there are 2 other conferences with only 4 users and 2 in each division.

6. controllerabuser

Very good points, Radio.

7. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I look at the change we worked in for the beginning of this release, and not that it failed, but it didn't have near the flow and competitive nature that the current format has generated. The Pac10 last year came down to the last two weeks. Same with the Big10. It has been that way the past two seasons. While I do agree that it is nice to have top tier teams, almost every team has been competitive throughout their stay here. And this is the format the league was originally based upon.

Mike

8. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    As much as a 4/4/4 league would be fun, the current format is a ton of fun and it allows us to talk some noise and really compete against each other. I understand the Pac 12 may be a weaker league compared to the Big 10, but I just think both leagues have great competitors who give it their all. The other format was fun, but like Mike said the flow seemed off. I will tell you before this league I knew nothing about either conference, because I am a Big 12/SEC guy, but now I have had alot of enjoyment after we restarted. I would like to keep it, but I am down for whatever just because of the camaraderie of our league!

9. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I think in the long run the current format will be best

10. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

i do not want the SEC included

11. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

" I understand the Pac 12 may be a weaker league compared to the Big 10, but I just think both leagues have great competitors who give it their all."

[​IMG]

12. controllerabuser

I think for right now it is leaning more towards the Big Ten Pac Ten.

13. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Love the energy, NRG.

14. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    NRG! here ya go!

[​IMG]

15. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

I would really like to keep the current (big ten-pac 10) format, too. The extra teams and now that they both have conference championships will make it even better. BTW- I just read that the Pac 12 team with the best overall record gets the conference championship game at their house. cool

16. controllerabuser

But will EA put that in game? lol

17. controllerabuser

Looks like this league isn't going to be premier. I am undecided on whether I will be in SH or not next release. So, this would be my main league. I am going to put every thing into this fucking league.

18. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    We have great members..all are premier caliber..and despite this being non premier for next release, i really think we still are an upper echelon dynasty. We can still be great, so nobody get dejected about being non premier.

19. controllerabuser

Very true Ricky Bobby.

20. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

who cares im going for that #1 DRAFT PICK THO

21. controllerabuser

[​IMG]

22. controllerabuser

I would like to get Minnesota but I'm 6th on the list right now.

Go GOPHERS!

23. controllerabuser

Where motherfuckers are gonna die next year. WE ARE MINNESOTA

[​IMG]

24. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Cold ass outdoor field with no turf heaters....WTF!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  25. controllerabuser

You know how it is up NORTH