NCAA 12 Coaching Carousel - Poll #1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jun 16, 2011.

?

CC : Where to Start?

1. Head Coach : 1 Star Program

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Head Coach : 2 Star Program

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Some food for thought. Check out the link below.

http://traditionsportsonline.com/ncaa-12-team-ratings-revealed

My idea for a CC would have very few rules or certain paths you would have to take. My line of thinking is first come, first serve. We could hold a draft for team selections and also alma maters. I'd like to stay away from any coordinator jobs, head coaching only. Im still unclear on how the job offers occur at the end of each season. If users get the same offer, how do we determine who takes the job. Something to think about.

Now the big questions is where do we start? One Star or Two Star programs. So, thats the poll for now. Just want to get some thoughts on what you guys think before we start drafting again.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

If anyone has any ideas on some other things for 12, let me know. Dru won't be joining us right away but I may have another CST guy that @Cheez knows that may be interested as well as the wait list.

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I have no real preference if we start out at 1 or 2 star programs. I will vote for one star programs because I want to roll with my other alma mater Idaho. From there it is on to Alabama.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I voted one as well just to make it harder and really start from the ground up. Not sure who I would go with but I would stick with LSU as my goal team. Maybe San Jose State just because they are in California, or Tulane would be cool.

5. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

I voted for 1 star because it would be more of a challenge, but if we went with 2 stars, we all know who i'm going to pick....

6. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

The only reason I voted 2 star programs was so I could start with NIU.

7. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

I voted for one star, just for a challenge, but im sure 2 star will be a challenge also, so I have no particular preference.

My question is, how are we going to set conferences? If we all start at schools in different conferences, then it will be hard to set user games and well all just be playing the cpu :)( boo cpu games). My idea is to make custom conferences, set it to where we have 6 users in each small conference (mac, sun belt, etc), and once we move reset the conferences to normal.

• Like Like x 1
  8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Well, my thoughts on this are we is setting custom conferences just isnt my thing. OOC user games are where its going to be at. Plus when someone moves, we have to reset everything anyways. Until we reach the Big 10 and SEC, we're kind of left with OOC user games for the most part unless we get some users to pick from the same conferences early on.

How about this...we start with a 1 or 2 star program, and narrow it down to 3 conferences...at least at the start we'll have a few user games in conference and we can from there.

Like I said above, if we do the CC thing, I don't want to really restrict anyone's path to where they want to go. Thats the whole point of this in my book.

9. MexiRican35

So basically if youre in the WAC by yourself, all of your OOC games would be user games? That can work.

Problem with getting up to a Big 10/SEC school is that when the CC kicks in, it might be only 3 schools that offer you jobs (I could be wrong on that, that was just my impression from what I've read.) What if those 3 schools are not in the Big 10/SEC?

Wait, problem solved. We can set our alma maters to the school we originally drafted, therefore getting the alma mater boost from that school.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thats what I was thinking.

Also if we open it up to 2 stars, cheez can have NIU and rob can start at Hawaii. I don't know, this CC stuff is all new to me :) Im usually a one-school pony!

11. MexiRican35

Ya I usually am also. I think it will be cool though to see who we get offers from based off of performance. Once we switch schools, I know Im gonna stay put at wherever I go.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I appreciate that. I would really enjoy working with my (first) alma mater. However, I can find a one-star program to enjoy if need be as well.

13. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I voted 2 star just because I want to make sure we get to make it to our schools with a few years to play with them.

14. aarondramp

We should probably just pick any school we want initially and do 3 or 4 OOC games against users. We might have to take jobs in between where we start and our final school...so we're going to get spread out anyways.

15. MexiRican35

Hell, if we went 2 stars, you could even start off with UCLA :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. aarondramp

Yeah we may want to say that if we do 2 stars that it can't be someone from a BCS school.

17. MexiRican35

Damn, I was thinking of starting at Baylor or Kansas, just cause it would make for harder cpu games (i.e. Texas, OU), but then it would pose an advantage in user games against non-BCS schools. So ya, I say non-BCS schools, 1 or 2 stars.

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I was thinking this also
    :doodie:

19. aarondramp

I did a numerical breakdown of each conference just to give everyone an idea of our options:

[​IMG]

If we go with non-BCS schools and split up with no more than 2 users per conference then it would need to be 1-star. If we decide to have 3 or 4 users per conference then we could do 1 or 2 stars.

• Like Like x 1
  20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

My feelings on starting out is to not pigeon hole anyone into a team or conference they don't want. I can deal with the schedules so there will be user games. And sliders will be similar to what we run now so there should be no easy victories over the top teams with the lowly starting teams.

But as of now, im leaning towards allowing 1 or 2 star teams.

21. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I voted one star because if we do this, i would like to do it right. Meaning we have our first job and then our middle of the road job and then THE SHOW. I think there are some two star schools that would set you up for the show right away. But either way i'm goin MAC. So be ready for me @Cheez if you end up getting NIU

• Like Like x 1
  22. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I like the idea of a wide open start. I'd like to see us funnel into 3 conferences as opposed to just 2. I just don't see half of the B1G and SEC having openings for us at the right time. Adding a 3rd should fix it, but we may even need 4. Just my opinion.

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thats not a bad idea if we head this way...I would add the ACC just get some more southern teams in there, again an ode to the Old Southern Exposure. Plus, that will leave the west coast all to them selves when and if we do get to our final destinations.

24. aarondramp

I think that most likely some of us will just get to our final destination sooner than others.

My only question is what if your destination school never opens up? Is this possible?

25. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I think all destinations will open.