Archived NCAA '12: Coaching Carousel Re-Visited

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, May 5, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Alright guys, with the draft approaching I thought we should re-visit this topic once more before we head into the new game's release. We really didn't sway one way or the other on this and I would like to have a more firmer stance on the matter.

Now I know we're built to go to our favorite teams or AQ BCS conference schools but as some have expressed, it gets boring playing with the 'big boys' all the time. But others state they want to play with their favorite school from the gate.

Which way to go? If its implemented by EA should we use it? Should we use the PocketScout app? Should we build our own system?

-My opinion from this point forward-

I would like to move to a 'build 'em up' league. I think they are the most rewarding dynasties since they are the most rewarding. Their will be no such thing as someone getting 'bored of going to the Rose Bowl' or treating 5 star kids like backups their whole career. Then once you've made an impact on the college landscape you can go to your 'dream job' like Brady Hoke or stay at the 'little school you've built' like the Boise State head coach. Either way at this time of the cycle we'll still be engaged like the first day of the game's release instead of wanting to change schools out of boredom.

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I will think about this and comment later but I have a question, did you just take a shot at me and Max??? lol

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

No. I just used y'all as examples. Nothing personal. I just wish to Baby Jesus (pronounced Hey-Zeus because its Cinco de Mayo) that I could get tired of the Rose Bowl;). Plus, judging from the over consensus I've read on this site is that guys looking for a premier league really enjoy those setups. With us filling in close to half our league, just figured it would be helpful. But since we'll be the core of Chaos, its our decision of what we do. And I think EA will implement the coaching carousel this year.

Edit: I don't mind being Michigan every year:)

4. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

So these types of leagues are pretty much what I have always done - X3B / Evolution - I was looking forward to trying the decent school right away approach.

I will say this, the work your way up model is very fun and can be challenging. For those players who just obvioulsy more "talented" against the CPU it doesn't take long to work your way up - one problem is that there can quickly grow disparity between the types of teams that users are working with. It can all be worked out I am sure, but something to think about.

One major incentive to try this out is if EA does implement a formal system for it in the game.

One disincentive to think about is that it can really take a long time to turn a program around for some users.

We could implement this type of system but still have some lattitude - for example, instead of the typical start with a 1 or 2 star, we could set the ceiling at 3 star programs and let those who want more of a challenge start with a 1 or 2. We can then determine [or use the EA model that may come] the rules for how soemone gets an advancement offer from that point onward.

As a stream of consciousness I would also say the following: It can seem sort of "odd" or "unsim" to look at the rankings and see a whole whack of "Utah State" "Idaho Vandals" "Kent State" "Vanderbilt" [yes Tubb, that was a shot] as ranked teams... it just seems wierd. I kinda liked the idea of a league where the heavy weights are the heavy weights and they duke it out... if a few guys want to start lower and prove their chops by moving up, cool - but it is wierd to have the stepchildren all at the top of the charts.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I would be cool either way but it would be nice to build up a team after starting off with LSU this year. Maybe we could rotate. Our focus with each new release. Siince we just started with great schools for the most part now we start off with 3 stars. Then with '13 we go back to the top tier schools.

• Like Like x 2
  6. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Cool, I can start of with SC in another league. Im still going PAc 10 thou....Arizona State, Colorado, Washington or Oregon State......should be fun. Vontaze Burfict should be a beast next year. I might have to role with the Sundevils

7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

LOL I Already Got My Song Ready...

8. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

I wouldn't mind working my way or start out with big teams..we should just put it to a vote because I remember buckeye stating he only wants to play with tOSU

9. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

I do know that I don't want my sig being some scrub team

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm going to ask management can we have our favorite teams on our signatures. I think everyone here wouldn't mind having their favorite school instead of whatever team we end up with on their sig.

11. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

im in for a builder dynasty, we'll get 10+ seasons done so you know you'll have time to get to your dream job. If they implement couching carousel, i think its the way to go. It would be cool if you could get fired or get invites to different conferences in online play as well, but what are the odds EA will add all that. If its not in the game, we would have to come up with a good system for it to work.

@JerzeyReign

Nice Sig, aint that the truth

-- Everyone plays for fun until they start losing --

12. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I hate to be the loner on this but coach is right lol..I have never even played an offline dynasty with a different team .yeah I know im pathetic lol... bu,t I guess if everyone votes to start out with cream puffs than I wont have much of a choice..Either way I am not going too get my panties in a bunch. Just for the record though I am voting to keep it the same.