NCAA 12 Coaching Carousel Rules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jul 11, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I've thought long and hard on this (thats what she said) and considering we opened up all the schools as Alma Maters, we are not going to put a time frame on when you have to be at a BCS conference school. Originally, I had thought 4,5 or 6 seasons would be the number. But now, I think we should just let the game take us where it takes us.

Now the question - what if 2 people get offered and want the same job. We'll go by overall record, then head to head (if that applies) then conference record as tie-breakers. Remember, only head coaching jobs are to be accepted. We are not doing the OC/DC in this dynasty. When we get to the point where jobs are offered in game (im assuming this will happen at the same time for everyone) you will post what jobs are offered to you. So if we have a conflict, we can settle it, quick and painless.

We'll keep the plus one recruiting rule, meaning you can have 71 players and make one cut. No cutting walk-ons...you can change positions to avoid walk-ons. Penalties will be stiff you sign over 71 players, so don't do it! No more than 4 :5stars: recruits a season can be signed...this is something we wont need to worry about for a while with the programs we are starting with.

If anyone can think of anything else, please post it up. One thing I would like to ban is the conservative / aggressive game planning. Now this is something that I can't police but I find that when conservative catch is on, the guys never drop the ball, which is unrealistic. I say we keep them all on balanced. But again, this is something I would have to take your word on as there is no way to disable or track their usage.

Post away with any ideas...once we get the game we can finalize all this crap and get to playing!

2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I'M ON THE HIGHWAY TO HELL!

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OC/DC...my bad, but nice catch cheeseman!

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I was reading ryno's coaches club thread about their team selection. The same question came up, what happens if two users are offered the same job? Ryno said that the game won't do that, it will only offer to one coach at a time. Consequently, they are allowing multiple people to choose the same alma mater. Anyway, it shouldn't be something we have to worry about.

5. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

So we wont all need to be online when we do CC? We can go through our offers at different times?

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I didnt see that but thats good to know.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Sounds like it. Hopefully its just another step in the offseason.