NCAA '12 Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by MaxATX34, May 19, 2011.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

not sure anyone is going to get fired IMO. Everyone basically only loses 2-3 games a year. Moving around....I don't like it. Pick a team you stick with them for the time you're here. I personally don't really connect with my team until some of my recruited players start taking the field. Therefore to play for 4 years and finally play with MY team to then move on to a new team........no thanks.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Wow interesting tidbits...

- can advance via web (cumshot for helli) lol

- coaching carousel. I wonder how and if that applies to us online. So if we don't meet specific goals we can be fired and maybe forced to move to a different school because the prestige isn't good. Or we do great we can move up

- customization...we can move schools wherever we want pretty much. Even become the BCS of sorts. Ha. Wow...

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Hey that's how it works in the coaching world sir. Think about a team you get that has high expectations and within 3 years you don't get into that BCS bowl game or no title ( ala Notre Dame expectations). You could be forced to move on...

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I can see both sides of the fence. It could add a little spice for guys who get bored towards the end to switch for a new challenge in the later years of the OD. I could also see guys getting pissed if they got fired. And JMS, I would think at a school like Ohio State or Florida two or three 4 or 5 loss seasons just might get you fired. Could add a little drama if it did happen.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

It does add a little flare but then again choosing teams in the beginning now doesn't seem that important. What stops a guy from tanking the season just to switch teams?

7. Blaza

Stop. There will be no tanking--we're all professionals here.

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Im thinking if you tank the season you wont get any glamorous offers and if you perform well, id assume you could sign an extension.

We could start out scattered across the crappy non-aqs as coordinators, and all funnel into 2 or 3 BCS conferences as HC's as the dynasty progresses. The possibilities are endless.

of course, id like to see it in action first. I can see problems arising from switching teams too often. maybe institute a 3-season minimum or something.

whether we decide to go that route or not I am pumped for all the changes in '12!

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Cops need to think like criminals, ya know!

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

yea that would be weak

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

This issue is one of those where I'm so glad to see it's in the game but not sure if sits right for our league in particular. The primary negative is that recruiting thing; if you keep moving around you never get to use your own recruits. However like everything else we will be having discussion and if need be, a vote on this issue.

I thought of having a league where we start off as coordinators for a powerhouse team, then head coach for a mid tier team before taking over at whatever school we wanted... but how would those user games play out if we are only controlling one part of the team?

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

it would be dumb IMO...I want to play. I don't want to call a play just to see the CPU fuck it up. I leave all that coaching stuff for offline or non premier leagues. I want to control every facet of my team.

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

There's no better time than now to have a discussion. I want to know what you guys want out of the league this year.

Here was my vision:

Be in 2-3 conferences.... Conf. championship games etc.... Kinda similar to now... Do a better job of keeping track of everything. I would have beginning and end of year rosters for every team, every season. Keep track of who did what in recruiting each year. Season-ending Polls and records from each season, etc... All of this information would be posted on Google Docs for easy access by the league (or whomever) or displayed on the forums.

If we go with this coaching carousel stuff... A lot of that suddenly changes. You're gonna be with a school for just a couple years, it will be kinda pointless to keep track of your recruits. ALSO... Purely from a selfish standpoint this kind of a thing would be hell scheduling-wise. I love scheduling and I take my time with it but if we were all just going with whatever team we felt like in a free-for-all coaching carousel it would honestly become pure hell trying to get guys a few games against each other each year.

I'm not against going a different route than my preference... I want to go with what the league wants. All I ask is that nobody get selfish and say "well this isn't what I want, I'm quitting..."

14. Blaza

I think when you were the coordinator you play the downs for that side of the ball. Definitely not something I would wanna do for T1, but I dont htink you just call the play and watch.

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Things that I'm staunchly against:

Custom Playbooks: Pure cheddar. Having to find that one playbook that suited you perfectly to me is one of the most enjoyable parts of the NCAA series. To just be able to put together a collection of your favorite sets and plays would just be bogus IMO, very hard to police. I would have to "approve" them and shit like that, I just don't want to add that to my list of stuff I have to do. I didn't have a problem with any of the playbooks in the game this year.

Custom Conferences etc: The moment you start making changes to this and change it away from the real setup of college football my interest drops like a dude getting headshot in Call O Dooty! I like "sim!"

16. Blaza

Agree strongly with both points.

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I like the current set up or 2 conference with a CC game. I don't like this idea of everyone moving around teams. I have a hard enough time figuring out who is Cincinatti, Michigan State, Illinois....ect. I think the idea is novel and kinda cool but not what i am looking for as far as a premier OD. Maybe be something fun to do on the side but the idea that I could be 3 different teams in this dynasty just doesn't sit well at all with me.

I am against Custom Conferences as well.

18. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I'm all for no coaching changes. Pick a team and run with it.

I do think slight playbook customization is ok. Like if you have a ton of 4wr shotgun sets switching one out for a set with 3wr and a TE or an I formation with a strong I formation.

I also wouldn't mind doing some conference re arrangements. Nothing major. Like going ahead and moving teams that will join different conferences in 2012.

19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I would have fun with either CC or a "traditional" OD here in T1.

I just wrote-up a few possible set-ups involving the CC, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like a "traditional" setup would be best here.

I think you can customize the conferences etc. after every season. So we could make it happen when it is supposed to happen in real life.

20. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I take it you haven't seen my gameplay. smh

21. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

We tried a CC type set-up in TF4 during '10. We had guys leaving to the BCS conferences at different times. we went from a 2 conference setup to everyone scattered and things just fell apart.

22. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Under the setup we usually play under I just don't see how this would work well. Way too many moving parts for my liking.

23. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I'm game for whatever. If you do go the CC route you just limit the BCS conferences to the two that we choose in the beginning and that is the only place you can go. It's not like once everyone moves to a HC job we will be in 12 different conferences. That is why rules are created. But like I said I'm down with whatever and that includes traditional setup.

24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lol if you tank, you won't get a good offer to a good school. If anything you can limit it to the possible conferences we have or something (if you do well)...plus who's to say that someon would want to move?

I just hate to limit the possibilities. Even the playbook thing. Hey we are all adult and avid football fans...you really think we would cheese out of a PB? and how would one do that per say? Just asking...

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

If I could create a custom playbook I would just have all my favorite formations and plays (the ones that work best) in it. And maybe you wouldn't call that cheese, but I do. I think it's much better and more realistic if I have to choose a playbook like Maryland, which has a good number f plays that I really think are awesome plays that are going to work a lot of the time... But if I have a custom playbook, I could literally put together something to where I have 70 of those plays... Enough that that's all I run. Whereas with Maryland, I might run my "favorite" plays 10-15 times per game.

I've played long enough in T1 to know where our limits should be. If we were a bunch of guys who didn't care about winning and just wanted to be as "sim" as possible.... That would be one thing. We would allow customizable playbooks and try to recreate schemes of the past, or something. That's not our M.O. This is a competitive league of players that don't want to just want to be IN the league, we want to win it. Don't get me wrong, most games have been sim and that's why I love this league but I like the idea of SPRINKLING IN the best plays in the game rather than running nothing but those.