NCAA '12 Demo

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by cnic75, Jun 8, 2011.

1. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Does TB normally come out before or after the demo?

4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Teambuilder went live June 21st last year so typically after but maybe it will possibly be before this year

EDIT

But also I looked up for 09 and teambuilder was available June 1st so it's possible that it could go live any day now

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I hope so. @RynoAid are we able to import TB teams into an OD midstream?

6. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

aww man I was hoping it would be sooner than that.

7. jnewcomer5

jnewcomer5 Walk On

Teambuilder Launch I heard will be a week before the game is released aka July 5.

8. Legacy

Legacy Walk On

Go to Add-Ons & Extras, then select Videos, click on NCAA Football 12... Select "Get Full Game", then select the free trial.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Beat me to it

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

And beat me too haha

11. Wick36

Dumb that it didn't show up in demos.

12. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

i must be blind doesnt work for me....unless its up on xbox and not psn

13. Legacy

Legacy Walk On

You can go to 'Game Marketplace', scroll up to 'Titles A-Z' go to 'N' and scroll down to NCAA 12. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wick36

You don't get it until this evening.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

This guy is inside the mind of the ninjas at EA. Seriously though it would have been front and center on the game marketplace, maybe in the morning though?

16. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Thank

17. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Got mine downloading !!!!

18. Emmdotfrisk

You have an xbox sabo?!?!

19. Emmdotfrisk

Man this is a huge file. 2 GB and I am only at 60% after 50 mins

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

jeeez!

just played my first game. the defense still mirrors your playcall. example, came out two te, two rb, pass play and the defense was in a 3-2-5. wasnt the home team so i dont know if the qb still tries to quiet the crowd when formation audibling to a run.

21. Wick36

I hope they make it possible to use the side scrolling PB... it will take a lot of getting used to to do up and down.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

yeah i kept holding in the trigger to scroll through a page at a time but you don't need to do that anymore. which is a plus

23. Wick36

Impressions

-Kick Offs feel a lot different and you don't need to do that stupid loop to get a good return.
    -The zone coverage is improved, although still not perfect.
    -Alabama is ridiculous.
    -The contact requirement for tackling makes it easy to do cut backs and occasionally the CPU will look kind of silly.
    -The lighting and grass improvements are noticeable improvements.
    -Some of the new contact animations look kind of clunky, but it's an improvement over having the spin/juke/fall forward animation every time.
    -Spread running looks like it may be better than last year.
    -Linebackers still bat a ton of stuff down.

24. Emmdotfrisk

Just got done playing 2 games...

Game 1: Alabama 3 (me) vs FSU 14 (All-American Difficulty)

I threw a pick trying to force a pass in the redzone that cost me. Zone d is much improved as they were in cover 2 D. I read the CB jam my outside WR and as I was throwing the ball I watched the FS shift to cover closer to the WR rather than just sitting in the deep half of the field. Their FS picked it off so that was cool to see. I had trouble running the ball with Rich. It seems alot harder to get the CPU to miss or commit to an angle. I tried manually juking and juke sticking but still couldnt break anything free. I also noticed that once you engage in a tackle, you can no longer attempt to "squirm" out of the tackle wtih the juke stick or by attempting to spin. In last years version, depending on the angle of the tackle you could juke away from it at or just after contact and break tackles quite easily. I made a living of it. Thats all I really noticed in this game.

Game 2: Oregon 17 (me) vs Texas 7 (All-American Difficulty)

Texas sucked balls here. I sacked Gilbert 4 or 5 times just on mixing up zone blitzing schemes. It seems that this titles biggest thing will be zone blitzing. I was successful to open the game sacking Gilbert on the first two possessions so I played off of the zone blitzing concept and made him look horrible. He threw 2 picks and like I mentioned before was sacked 4 or 5 times. On the offensive side I saw some areas of concern. Read option doesnt work nearly as effective as last release. I would make proper reads, watching the DE pursue James so I would keep it but he would cut on a dime and tackle me every time. I didn't run a successful read option QB keeper, which is depressing considering Thomas' speed. Speed will kill this release again as I was able to beat guys to the corner and watch them dive after me. I am hoping that power backs will have a greater effect on broken tackles as I didn't see any. Too bad Whaley is now a DE at Texas as he would be a good guy to test out the Power Back. Kick Returning feels much different. I sort of reminds me of Madden 2010. I returned a kick cutting through a couple different lanes with Kenjon Barner.

*EDIT* - Playing with Texas I see a significant difference in running styles LaMichael James and Cody Johnson. Cody is still #31 in the game (should be 11) but he falls forward much more frequent than LaMichael. Although I am somewhat relieved, I would still love to see a powerback like Jon Clay and how he is effective in the collision tackling system.

Overall Notes/Impressions

-Locomotion is toned down a ton. Its much easier to cut on a dime this year and I had no problems covering WR's with LB manually. Its not like the 2010 release but I think its somewhere between 2010 and 2011.
    -Zone D is improved. I appreciated the CPU defender reacting to routes in zone schemes, rather than just their assignment
    -Read Option doesn't look to be as successful
    -Playaction is slightly better. I ran 5 PA's. 2 hit while throwing, 1 sack (on a nickel CB blitz), and a completed pass (cover 3 zone)
    -I skipped through the player/team entrances haha
    -Sound and Crowd doesnt seem any different from last release
    -The CPU actually elects to Kick rather then to Receive if they win the toss
    -Run Commit and Pass Commit is back called "Defensive Keys"
    -Adjustments, or Gameplan, is still present and accessible from the playcall menu
    -Play selector is reversed. To swap formations you rotate horizontally rather than vertically, and to
    scroll through plays it is vertically rather than horizontally. Really screwed me up for a game.
    -Ball carrier run animation is different when they are sprinting in the open field, looks more realistic but almost makes it look like they scale down from top speed. I would have liked to see this animation be a players absolute top speed...similar to a sprinter
    -Stiff Arm is no longer the "go-to" break tackle move to get a couple extra yards
    - The Pistol is still a useless formation to try and run out of
    -I noticed alot more dropped passes

• Like Like x 2
  25. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Where's the damn video at chump! :)