NCAA 12 Demo

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MexiRican35, Jun 29, 2011.

1. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

I've played 2 games so far, and here are my initial thoughts on the demo:

- The speed of the game is much faster. It might be that the speed threshold is at a default of 50. But HB's are making cuts without hardly slowing down and WR's are catching and running all in one motion.

- Blocking on kick returns seems better.

- Zone coverage has vastly improved. You have to really read the safety on deep routes, cause he will swat/intercept it.

-Running out of the spread seems doable. I havnt played as Oregon yet though. I ran 2 plays out of the pistol with FSU, a 2 yard QB keeper on a read option and a 10 yard pitch off a speed option.

- Blocking kicks looks doable. I got close.

Ill probably try to get in a couple of more games. What are your thoughts on the demo?

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I downloaded it last night but havent had a chance to play it yet...hopefully i'll get some time with it this weekend as im doing absolutely nothing for the holiday!

3. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I agree on all of what Mexi said. It is much faster and just smoother overall. It is a noticeable difference. And there are a bunch more sacks. You have to decide quickly, which is tough because zone is better.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I've heard about a lot of kick offs that have been returned for touchdowns. That concerns me. They may have over corrected and it probably needs to be tuned back down.

5. aarondramp

I only played on Heisman and kick returns were better but nothing was close to a TD.

6. MexiRican35

It can be tuned by changing the user run block slider.

7. MexiRican35

Im loving the PBs for defense. There are a ton of good zone blitzes out of nickel, and they now include the 1-5-5 look. Also there is a quarter normal, which will help against spread teams. Plus the 3-4 has a lot of nice blitzes out of it also. Cant wait to start creating playbooks. I think this is where Ill spend most of my time.

8. aarondramp

I'm scared for my marriage with the playbook builder.