NCAA 12 discussion and ideas.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Jun 13, 2011.

?

Starting teams

1. Non-AQ

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. 3-4 stars

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. powerhouses

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. other ( please elaborate in thread)

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. -4-

-4- Walk On

Ok... we are now under a month away from the release of '12 so I think its about time to start an official discussion about the set up for this dynasty in '12. Again personally im cool with whatever the majority want to do. It really isn't a huge deal to me.

Im down to try something new and start with like non-AQs, build up and move on to our dream school. Or start out at powerhouses, or start out as three or four star schools as lower tier BCS bottom feeders, however whatever we decide to go with id like everyone to start on similar levels and not be mix and match.

So time to open up discussion for ideas and preferences.

Just for reference, my vote is to start as Non-aq schools and build up and move on to our alma mater/dream school when offered using CC. Of course teams like Boise, TCU and ND would be off limits.

2. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

I voted for 3-4 stars. But now that I think about it, Non AQ teams would be fun!

3. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

I would be fine with whatever everyone else wants to do.

does the coaching carrousel apply to online dynasties/will it give us new job offers and whatnot after a season or two

4. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

We've been talking about this at length in my other league. Are we trying to have a balanced league with equal number of users in three conf. or landing were ever we want?

5. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

I think it would be better to do where ever we land. Then we have a few user games, but not to many. And with the way the cpu has been playing lately, its like playing a user game! Lol

6. -4-

-4- Walk On

This is what I was thinking...

We start out as schools in the Mac Wac sun belt MWC IND c usa etc. Keeping it to like 3 per conference or two per division if there's a championship. Set alma maters. As our dream job, whether it be your alma mater or just the team you want to play with.

And youcmay accept a new offer at any time or you could choose to stay with your small school. And then well keep the rule where there is no more than 3 (4 for two division) users in each conference. If someone is offered someone elses alma mater then they may take it. And if the conference is packed by the time you get offered the job you'll be SOL.

Basically the same rules for starting with 3-4 star teams except with BCS conferences included.

7. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

I voted for 3-4 teams as well but i'd be cool with small non aq schools and working up. That actually sounds like the most fun

8. bhenry37

bhenry37 Walk On

If we end up selecting non aq teams with 3-4 recruiting I would like ucf. This idea sounds like fun to me.

9. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Voted 3-4. Would love to have ASU.

If we did non AQ with plans to move up via CC I'd probably want UCF or Northern Illinois.

10. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

I am good with either of the two. 3-4 stars and non-AQ. I would have fun with either one. I'm guessing we will be using the CC with either choice?

11. -4-

-4- Walk On

Yeah... that's what I'm figuring. Basically it comes down to whether people would rather start as mid-to-low-level power conference teams or non-dominant NON-AQ schools.

I'm cool with either one also.

12. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

i think everyone wants ucf bc of the florida recruiting hotbed. that's who i'd want too..

13. H0TT NIKKELs

H0TT NIKKELs Walk On

I think we should start out as 2 star and below. But from what i read and the videos i saw no matter where you start you are a D+ coach and if you choose to go to a bigger school you automatically on the hot seat and they dont give you much time. The guy from the first CC video was given 2 years at Oregon and it didnt look like he kept his Job...lol

14. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

Yea. I think ppl would pick the smaller teams from either florida, texas or Cali just because of the recruiting advantage

15. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

lol yep and yep

16. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I want North Texas, SMU, Fresno State, San Diego St, Central FL, Utep, Flordia Atlantic, Houston, or Flordia International.

• Like Like x 2
  17. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

I want SDSU in a bad way if we got non AQ teams

18. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

how we gonna pick'em anyway?

19. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

I think once we figure out exactly how we are running 12. We should randomize pick selection.

20. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

draw straws

21. -4-

-4- Walk On

Well... we could go based off of seniority (based on how long you've been a part of the dynasty). I assure you guys that the team I chose with the top pick would not be someone anyone wanted... at least if we started as non aqs.

Or we could do it randomly. I could draw names out of a hat or something I guess. Ala the draft lottery.

22. H0TT NIKKELs

H0TT NIKKELs Walk On

be different -4- just do it randomly. I understand that seniority counts but i think it makes the new guys feel like they belong in the group instead of saying hey you 'new go to the end of the line'....lol

23. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

I'm cool with a lottery also. Even though I've been here since the league opened, I would rather everyone have a fair share picking a team.

• Like Like x 1
  24. -4-

-4- Walk On

3That's fine... I just put twelve names in one hat and put 1-12 in another and picked one name and matched it with a number.

This is the team draft order... if anyone wont be joining us for twelve let me know and I will get in touch with someone to take your place in the draft. And if we get around to the release and someone needs to be replaced the new user is going to have to pick up scraps.

1. @the quick 135
    2. @H0TT NIKKELs
    3. @joshwitt
    4. @kinqskid
    5. @JagNation
    6. @edge7771
    7. @-Balla-
    8. -4-
    9. @ctvolfan
    10. @Richard Smiley
    11. @bhenry
    12. @KillerNuts

• Like Like x 1
  25. -4-

-4- Walk On

And... I think im leaning toward starting out with non-aq teams. Seeing as we'll all be starting out with terrible coach ratings.

The following teams would be off-limits: Boise, TCU (moving to BIG E), Utah (pac10), BYU, and ECU. And im debating making the following teams off limits as well: UCF, Tulsa, Houston, and SMU.