NCAA '12 - Errors, Bugs, Glitches, etc...

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by HackGolfer, Jul 14, 2011.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I have seen a few separate posts about errors you have come across while playing the game. Let's keep all of these centralized in one place so it will be easier for RynoAid to forward to EA as necessary.

To post you finding, please use the following template:

1. Were you on Xbox or PS3?
    2. What was the date and time?
    3. What mode were you in? (RTG, Online Dynasty, etc..)
    4. Explain in details what happened
    5. Provide photo/video evidence if possible.

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Online Servers not available to advance a Coaching Carousel league --

1. PS3
    2. July 13, 2011 - 7 PM Central
    3. Online Dynasty
    4. When trying to advance a week in my test online dynasty that utilizes Coaching Carousel, I received an error message that stated "The Online Dynasty Servers are currently unavailable. Retry Now or exit to try again later"

After several retries spread an hour apart, I continued to receive the message, including after logging out and back into the PSN and Online Dynasty

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Nothing New Here but...

Custom Playbook glitch for offense. (I think EA is aware of this) I posted a video in the video hub section.

It messes me all up to the point when I quit a game due to my offensive plays disappearing...upon exiting I lose connection to the EA Servers and only way to re-connect is re-boot the entire game.

PS3 System
    Frequency: Everytime

4. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

OT Mode Glitch (Discovered by onaradio34) --

1. PS3
    2. July 13 & July 14
    3. Offline Dynasty with Coaching Carousel
    4. While going into the first OT, the CPU team scored and then stopped the user. The game then proceeded to give the user team 3 more possessions before ending the game.

[​IMG]

5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

The Huddle started their Online dynasty to get a feel for it and when we had our preseason meeting, we couldnt chat inside the dynasty when the party grew over 8.

6. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    1. 360
    2. about 3 AM on July 12th
    3. RTG (also had it happen in dynasty, but no video)
    4. Went for a tackle on punt coverage. Player hit him, tackle was broken, then player levitated in the air. Appeared to be attempting to plank.

7. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

• Like Like x 1
  8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

1. 360
    2. 13Jul11, 5PM
    3. Play now
    4. I was up with under 60s to play and was in prevent defense. CPU QB gets flushed from pocket and scrambles up the middle 8 yards past the LOS. Once he was clear, he stood up in his "QB standing in the pocket looking for a receiver" stance and stayed there until my guys tackled him. I'm assuming he didn't throw the ball because he was 8 yards past the LOS, but he should've kept running for more yards instead of stopping.

9. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

1. Were you on Xbox or PS3? 360
    2. What was the date and time? Happens sporadically.
    3. What mode were you in? (RTG, Online Dynasty, etc..). Online Dynasty
    4. Explain in details what happened. Sometimes a play will go out of bounds or a catch will be incomplete and the clock will run away, I've had this happen twice on players where the player will catch the ball, but be called out of bounds and come back into the field of play (and have it be called incomplete, as it should), and then the clock will go down. A friend has had the issue a a couple times with just running out of bounds, but I don't think I've had that happen to me yet.

I have also had some freezing issues... once on the loading screen while exiting out of an OD game and just randomly while navigating through the menus in various modes. Game play occasionally "seizes up" like a lag spike for a second or two and then goes back to normal. I'm installing to HD to see if that helps.

10. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Transfer Failed in Online Dynasty

1. XBOX360
    2. July 12, 2011 - 10 PM EST
    3. Online Dynasty
    4. Set up a test dynasty, and advanced smoothly into the offseason. Once the game goes into the Coaching Changes phase, you are able to look at your progress, but then when you go back to the main OD screen, you receive a "transfer failed message".
    I have tried to get past this step multiple times, as have other users with access to the file, all to no avail. Unable to advance the Online Dynasty past this step. This is the exact same issue that the PS3 side is having as evidenced by Hack Golfer's post.

11. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Thanks. Video now up.

12. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

1. PS3​
    2. 7/13/11 11:30pm CT-ish​
    3. Online unranked​
    4. 4-2-5 defense playing as TCU- (1) Offense came out trips right, hit "man align" and safeties didnt align, two of them on the trips side ran to the other side of the formation and lined up as like a DE and OLB tight to the LT. (2) Not sure the offensive formation but 3 different times hit "man align" and safeties would run to the center of the field, 50 yard line and stand there. Essentially on a handful of plays man align has safeties running around to crazy spots, no where in the area code of the man their guarding.

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

1. custom playbooks I think is broke. I made a 3 man based defense, it was all 3-4 and two 3-3-5 formations with one 4-3 formation, and the second time I used it had all of the 4-3 formations also. Also, there will be some formations in my custom playbooks that dont have any plays, but not the ones I need. So not really a big problem.

Also, the animation BDSDIGITAL was telling me about after every run play where they stick up their hands is kinda weird

14. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

1. Were you on Xbox or PS3? 360
    2. What was the date and time? 6/14
    3. What mode were you in? (RTG, Online Dynasty, etc..) OD
    4. Explain in details what happened - All players are coming back from injury the following week, regardless if it's a 1 week, 3 week, or even an 11 week, they're always back at full health when we advance.

15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Seizure

16. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

I'm seeing this in 4-2-5 often. The player starts out lined up correctly and then sprints across the formation to the other side

17. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

1. Xbox 360
    2. 7/14 4:50pm CST
    3. Edit playbooks
    4. Computer deletes my entire playbook. I went into my dynasty, and tried to edit it, and it says I have one formation. I try to practice and it has froze 3 times.

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

That was the happiest seizure of my entire life! - Whitey

19. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Here's some more details on the custom pb glitch (which I saw tonight on the 360):

This definitely seems to be an issue with specific playbooks and/or formations. I have a full pb based on Miss. St's and I've never ever had an issue. Last night I made a new one based on ND and I hit the glitch very, very often (probably every 2 or 3 plays). I used the same 4 pistols and the same 20 SGs as my MSU pb and I had the same plays in each formation as well. Below are the only differences between the working pb and the broken one.

Working: Based on Miss. St. - Had the wishbone GL formation
    Broken: Based on ND - Had the normal GL - had the Leprechaun wildcat formation.

I haven't tried any other offensive pbs so I don't know if it's the normal GL that's the issue or if it's ND's Leprechaun wildcat that's the issue.

Also, I played an entire game with my MSU pb after my ND playbook constantly glitched and I didn't see the issue with my MSU pb so it's not an issue with having more than 1 custom pb.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

FWIW I was able to run two test ODs yesterday and get through to season 2 without issue, so this doesnt appear to be a pervasive problem.

• Like Like x 1
  21. PAgamer07

Were you using the CC?

22. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

1. Were you on Xbox or PS3? XBOX
    2. What was the date and time? 7-14-11
    3. What mode were you in? (RTG, Online Dynasty, etc..) Online Dynasty
    4. Explain in details what happened

Conference week play start is broken. I move ND to the big ten and I set big ten con play start to week 6 and ND starts week 1. I change the SEC and Pac-12 to week 3 and they are all completely random. This option does nothing at all and makes scheduling no easier like we thought it would.

23. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Yes.

24. PAgamer07

Well thats great news. Thanks Dru!

25. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

This happened in offline dynasty for me last night on an incomplete pass. Only saw it happen one time though.

PS3