ncaa 12 impressions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by voltool16, Jul 10, 2011.

1. voltool16

voltool16 Walk On

yo....so i have been playing non stop since friday afternoon and have a few observations for everyone on dynasty and gameplay.

gameplay:

played probably 12 games or so and seen a lot mixed results. while pretty much everything is positive, there has been no consistency really. ive had games where i couldnt throw, couldnt run, and ive had games where i go off passing and games where i seem to handle the los and the running game....jsut cant find a consistent identity though.

defense is definitely fun to play again with zones being fixed and qb pressure and blitzes really working as they should. there have been games where i have been burnt blitzing or just stayed on a less caliber qb all game. leaving corners in one on one man situations with no safety help is ballsy.

offense is pretty much the same as the last 2 years. most of the money plays no longer work and learnign to play qb the correct way in this game has been fun. you actually kind of have to readjust from how youve normally played this game and re learn a few things to the passing game.

dynasty:

progression is way too high. incoming recruits are way too high. lower rated jucos can come in and make immediated impact if you have a surprise junior leaving early.

recruiting is easy on all american....if i only target the number of scholly i have left, i will land eveyr single player i want by a huge margin.

still see a lot of odd ht/wt with generated recruits. de's and lb's coming in way too small. eveyrthing else with them has been good.

i really think dynasty will be great this year. with the gameplay additions and coaching contracts and carousel, we should really have fun.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Christian Lentz

Christian Lentz Walk On

Good too hear!

1. How are the graphics/ gameplay compared to the demo? Better and more smooth, or just the same?

2. Hate to hear that about the recruits.

3. voltool16

voltool16 Walk On

got to work at 7 am est. this morning. it was a bad idea to setup an od late last night and leave on week 1 so i could get a look at internet dynasty and supersim. an hour later and no work done....all i can say is wow....this is going to be awesome to run dynasties this year with. complete control.

4. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

Vol. Can you let me know if you can edit the CPU teams ratings/heights/weights in the off-line dynasty.

5. K-FaceKilla

K-FaceKilla Walk On

good read. 3 more hours and its on like donkey kong. got a couple adderalls to get thru work tomorrow (y)

6. voltool16

voltool16 Walk On

yes. new patch came out yesterday. you can edit now.

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

This is the kind of stuff I want to see as we all get the game and get our hands on it. Try different sliders out, adjust recruiting if need be, just see how we can make our gameplay experience better.

8. voltool16

voltool16 Walk On

i think doing something like allowing us to add 100 lbs across the board every year to players would be a good addition to our dynasty as well. that is if you can edit players in online dynasty.
    part of coaching is identifying and encouraging players to gain weight for position changes or just to be better at their positions. i think putting a limit like no more than 15-20 lbs per one player but you have 100 lbs to spread to the 70 on your roster. Got a beanpole freshmen qb, put 10 lbs on him. got a rb with good trucking/bt, add 5-10 lbs to him. want to change a de to dt cause of depth? add 20 lbs.

all this is realistic as any college program's exercise and diet programs can really help small framed players bulk up. as ive seen in 5 years of dynasty now....a 230 lb de may only go to 240 (if that) by the time he graduates. in real life, a 230 lb end out of high school will likely be in the 250-270 range if they aspire to be in the nfl or be on top of their game by their senior season.

9. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

This is a really good point and interesting topic. I think we could try to do something with this. I like the idea at least. I agree with a limit, 100 lbs sounds reasonable to me.

10. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

One thing we should do, I know they said the CPU recruiting is better but you know it's not. Teams that run spread type offenses that are run by the cpu in the past never recruited the type of players to run it and then the games would become boring and would be not run cause they have some slow quarterback running it and now the commish can adjust the speed and other stuff to help improve the game also i like that.

11. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

You can't edit height/weight from what it looks like, but if you could that would help with moving players that play out of position say you ran a 3-4 no DE's comes in at the right weight/height years past i would move my DT's there but they took a huge ratings hit and would make it unbearable.

12. K-FaceKilla

K-FaceKilla Walk On

very impressed with this game. plays better on heisman with default sliders. play about 10 games which im 7 - 3. just had the most epic comeback vs kentucky. down 10 with just over a minute left i return the kickoff to the house and recover the onside kick only to have to pull a 4th and 10 out of my ass that ended up going the distance. 31 - 27 LSU.

Kentucky QB is a beast. reminds me of cam newton

13. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

game runs super smooth, hate the fact that their is way to many sacks. But gameplay looks like it is on par now.

14. Christian Lentz

Christian Lentz Walk On

Cannot believe how well EA did on this years game. The tackling is awesome. Got a few hours in last night and am getting ready to ball here in a minute! I am actually looking forward to playing the game. The way things should be.

15. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

I have to agree the game is smooth like never before, only thing I am having a problem with is the passing game.

16. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

No joke. Passing is a little difficult this year. However, the running game is awesome. Draw plays are fun to run this year.

17. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Keep it coming!