NCAA 12 Launch Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Jul 12, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Post your thoughts about the game here, I just got my hands on a copy. Let me know if you want to play a game, I'll be experimenting with rosters/sliders, etc. for the next few hours.

2. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I am making a playbook til work starts around 2am, but around 7am or so I will be on testing out the coaching carousel and the cpu ai logic.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm just gonna play a bunch of games with Wake and Oregon State (my other OD team here)

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

I've been playing Coaching Carousel with HovaTheGodMC for the last couple of hours. I like it so far, some of the goals are a little silly like Western Michigan needing to score 3 Rushing TD's in one season. Have yet to experiment with sliders.

5. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

The Pistol Read Options work!

[​IMG]

6. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Also, man the CPU is much tougher this year. Just lost 31-17 to Army in my CC offline dynasty, I threw six freakin interceptions. I am having so much fun losing games lol

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Wake Forest is C+ .... lol

8. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

If Northern Illinois is any indication of a C+ team. Good luck, sheesh, my o-line is getting imploded

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Custom playbook glitch still going.. IMO lets just not mess with it

10. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I have had zero issues with it.

11. robmacdog

robmacdog Walk On

My copy is waiting on my doorstep. I can't wait to get off work and play!

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

ACtually I stand corrected, I'd like to use it just sometimes it may bite you in the ass if the bug comes up.

13. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I think it has something to do with the base pb, because I have seen people with full pbs talking about it. I used VTs book as a base for the Power I GL set so maybe theirs is okay to use

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Two things I don't like,

I was playing with Eastern Michigan in my CC against UofM. I knew they would beat me and sure enough I was receiving a smackdown. My issue is, when down 7-35 with 2 minutes left in the game, why are the starters for Michigan still in the game? And why are they still throwing for touchdowns on 3rd and inches?

Seems to me like EA screwed up on that one..sometimes I wonder if their programmers actually watch football. Would any of you throw the ball on 3rd & inches up by 28? I sure wouldn't

15. robmacdog

robmacdog Walk On

Hate to hear that. It's been a problem for a couple of years.

16. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

Mine Custom PB has been messing up. Then I created another one and it worked fine up until 1 sec left before half and I got the other glitch everybody is talking about. MY GAME FROZE!!!!

17. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

That's 2 huge issues EA needs to fix

18. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Man greatest game ever created. Love it so far especially the custom playbooks!

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

I barely adjusted the running game in terms of sliders on AA and running became quite difficult.

USER
    RB Ability - 45
    RB Block - 50

CPU
    Rush D - 55
    Tackling - 60

The CPU would routinely hit me in the backfield or tackle me after a short 2-3 yard gain. Once in a while my HB would either run 7-10 yards or bust a 20+ yard run. These seem like some solid Run game sliders and think they could be used to start off. Only thing about them that is damn near impossible is running out of shotgun, never got much luck.

fuzzyl0gic

20. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Well that wouldn't be fun at all, I run my whole offense out of the shotgun/pistol

Edit: nvm, I am getting decent yards with this set, but it is very challenging, carry on then lol

21. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Sheesh, it isn't the running game that's hurting me, I can't pass for anything, I have had maybe two games with less than 3 INTs

22. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Hell without the darn sliders it's hard to run the ball

23. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Heck, in general the default sliders for AA are tougher than the ones we used for this OD last year, I am excited that the CPU isn't a pushover like previous years.

24. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Got that right scrolling down my list I saw users getting blown out by the computers, OD is going to be a lot tougher in this game lol

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yea it just takes time to get adjusted to them, I was 2-0 with my team before I adjusted them. After that I was 2-4 before I got used to them.