NCAA '12 Recruiting Analysis

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Wick36, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Going to go through a couple seasons in a Dynasty just doing recruiting...

Will post results and incoming ratings in correlation to the caliber of the player and will post if I notice anything significantly different than last year.

Hopefully this will help determine what kind of recruiting restrictions we'll need to put into play for ODs and see how well progression flows. Hopefully the quality of the players won't spike up or down 4+ years into the dynasty.
    ------

+The new pipeline screen is pretty nice. It tells you all the states your players are from, their year, whether you pick up a new pipe next year or are in danger of losing one... a lot more convenient than sifting through your roster for it.

+Recruiting feels pretty much the same. Trying to sway isn't as bad as last year, but it's really random so it's probably still not worth it.

+There are more athletes, but it looks like they're still only good at one position.

+UL Monroe got a 5 star wide receiver in Year 1.

+Most players got 4-6 points of progression in the offseason. A very small amount higher, a very small amount higher.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wick36

Season 2 was all simmed, including recruiting.

3. bsbgw1

bsbgw1 Walk On

What program are you? I remember last year players at 6-star programs progressed more than ones at 1-star programs.

4. Wick36

I'm at Ohio State.

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Good work sir, I am curious if you would mind tracking lesser schools, say 1 star or 2 star
    (Not a lazy ass and asking cuz I don't wanna do the work, just stuck at my office )…

6. Wick36

Maybe tomorrow morning or something. It takes a while and is pretty boring.

7. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

No worries, I will do one myself once I don't have to work for 11hrs :(

8. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Looks like there's still a HUGE gap talent wise between 4 stars and 3 stars which sucks.

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Do you notice that more with skill position guys or interior linemen? IMO I have seen some skill position guys (WR, CB, FS) that were compareable after a few seasons in games past.

10. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Sample size..

11. GoGators

I was just going off what Killernuts posted above on the 2012 tab. The 4 stars are coming in around 77 while the 3 stars are coming in around 68. I don't have the game yet since I didn't get home in time to pick it up from the leasing office yesterday so I can't confirm if this is true or not. But I assume killernuts isn't making this stuff up.

12. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I dunno gotta watch those Buckeyes sometimes ;) lol

JK , I trust most vetern guys posts on here, just thought you had a copy and was putting in some testing, hope you get your copy soon dude , game is awesome so far

13. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I think in years past there is a vast difference in the quality of the 3* recruits. I have had some come in with a higher overall than a 4* (mid 70's) or come in in the low 60's. I wouldn't base it all on just those two particular recruits.

14. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

A difference I noticed in my offline dynasty is that you can't setup visits until a recruit is at his "Top 3" stage. In last year's game you could begin scheduling visits when he was down to his "Top 5" schools. I'm at UAB so if I get through this season in the next couple of days I'll post up my recruits and what they came in as. Its not looking like they're going to be very good though.

15. Wick36

I apologize for not going farther on this yet, I've been staying up really late, so I sleep late, then I play some dynasty with some RL friends, lol... I will probably get some more stuff in tomorrow.

I think the issue there is mostly the sample size.

OLB #99 is usually pretty close to the 2 star area and #49 is in the middle.

Like I said, I'll keep this going to try and get a larger sample size.

=====

Added another season, it looks like there is a big gap, but a couple come in okay.

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

KillerNuts

FWIW, and this is kinda weird, ULM signed a 5 star WR in the first year of my offline CC as well....

Was #2 guy in the country.. also Toledo signed the #6 HB

17. GoGators

Bad SAT score.....couldn't get in anywhere else. I always wanted EA to build something like that into the game, not sure how they'd do it though.

18. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Closest thing i seen to this were some 3 and 4 star guys that i tried to recruit late in offseason and they signed with no one. They had a DNQ as their staus.

19. annil8tion

annil8tion Walk On

Just as kind of a shot in the dark, is it possible that CPU schools can also utilize recruiting advisor? At least to some extent?? I only say this because I got a 5* and a 4* WR as Eastern Michigan in my first year in the dynasty because they were recommended through recruiting advisor. I feel like it has to take something like that for these schools to get these players.......

20. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Overall I think a players rank is really the best way to determine what their overall is going to be. especially for the 3 star guys - who there are a TON of - who can be anything from just short of a 4 star player talent wise, to being a slightly better 2 star. the difference is where they fall in the grand scheme of things.

21. Wick36

That's possible.

In mine, the WR was from Louisiana and had them low on the list and just nobody else went for them iirc.

There's usually quite a few 4s/5s that nobody goes after for whatever reason.

22. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'd guess that stuff like this is a combination of 2 new things.
    1. The CPU teams have recruiting caps (FINALLY!) so teams like Texas and Alabama won't have 8 :5stars: HBs on their team anymore.
    2. The stupid sparq ratings that EA is using now means that 90% of the best recruits are HBs, WRs, and ATHs.
    These two combined means that there are a billion studly HBs/WRs/ATHs, but the top tier teams won't sign as many @ those positions as they did in years past, which means that there are lots of high ranked players left over for lesser teams.

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

This is sounding more and more true... but I welcome those guys to Marshall with open arms.