NCAA 12 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AJ Hart MN, Jul 17, 2011.

1. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

2. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

TCu defeats Rice 59- 14. Find out Pachall is as good as advertised. Big 12 title in sight

3. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Georgia Tech 17
    Vanderbilt 7

GT was unimpressive in their home opener as their offense could not push the ball into the endzone as much as it should have.
    Despite doubling the opposition's TOP, a fumble in the 2Q gave Vandy a 73 yd fum ret TD. However, from that point forward it was all GT.
    Tech controlled the clock but did not move the ball much excluding a nice play action pass that resulted in a Tech TD [55 yds Washinton to Melton].
    Coach Pig Bomb was happy the defense pitched a shutout when they were on the field but was surprised the offense sputtered so badly.

Player of the game was WR T.Melton with 3 catches for 78 yds and a TD.
    RB O.Smith carried the ball 20 times for 87 yards to lead the team on the ground.
    LB J.Burnett had 6 tackles including 3 solo.

Next up for GT is highly ranked and nation championship contender, Texas A&M.

4. AJ Hart MN

Well, I'm officially the worst NCAA '12 player ever known to man. Just got beat at home by UCLA. Gave up two 3rd quarter KO returns and had 5 TO's. I don't honestly know what just happened but I'm so pissed right now. What was a promising season has already turned into a nightmare and that was probably going to be my easiest game of the year. My recruiting should now also go to shit :( The 3-4 defense was a collassal flop and everything I did went wrong. I now have a bye week to get ready for option and Georgia Tech.

5. AJ Hart MN

Not so fast my friend :(

6. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

:( Sorry brah. As far as I've seen, you're #1 on a lot of my recruits board so...there's that.

7. sonn

sonn Walk On

But you beat me.. what does that say about my skills? :(

8. AJ Hart MN

At least this shows you new guys that I won't quit when I lose :p

9. AJ Hart MN

Honestly, I should never have lost to those chumps. Just this morning, I kicked the crap out of Miami in a Play Now game. I think I just completely panicked when I was down late. This will be a nice learning lesson and hopefully we can salvage our season. Now, if I lose to GT in week 3, you'll see the ugly, bitter side of AJ :p

10. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

What the heck is up with TCU? Arent we supposed to be benching our first string offense in blowouts? And whats with the TD pass late in the 3rd?

11. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

He had to show his 5 signed recruits how TCU handles the pushovers!

I'm still lost on when TCU became a recruiting powerhouse...they've only been in the BCS convo for a couple years...

like how is Arkansas a B in championship contender and TCU is an A? Same with Pro Factory...wtf. I chose the wrong team.

12. AJ Hart MN

Yes, he needs to pull his guys out when leading that much. Not sure what was proven when leading 45-7 and throwing a TD with 6 seconds left in the 3rd quarter. Consider this your warning LSUTRUTH. No need for that.

13. PAgamer07

[​IMG]

This game was never in doubt. From the opening kickoff the Florida Atlantic Owls were in for a world of hurt. The Canes would put up 31 points in the 1st quarter alone. Offense, Defense and Special Teams were clicking on all cylinders. This was an excellent tune-up for our Week 2 opponent Auburn.​

After a solid opening drive that led to a 3-0 lead, starting HB Lamar Miller gouged the defense on an outside run for 37 yards​

The next drive would be one of the shortest of the game, as WR Travis Benjamin catches a quick strike over the middle on a crossing route and turns it up field for 73 yards.​

FAU was now on it's heels and within 2 minutes the Canes drove down the field again, scoring with a beautiful quick out route to TE Blake Ayles.​

And then, just when it couldnt get any worse for the Owls, on a punt return after a quick 3 and out, Travis Benjamin would score his 2nd TD of the day taking it 66 yards to the house.​

The 2nd quarter was more of the same and outside of an FAU Field Goal, they were getting their asses kicked. The score at the half was 41-3. Coach PAgamer decided to bench the starting offense and bring in the second stringers to start the 2nd half. They struggled a little bit, with a low point of backup QB Stephen Morris throwing a pick on a 3rd and long. They actually were held scoreless the entire 3rd quarter, trying to chew as much clock as possible. The 4th quarter would see 2 Mike James TDs, one of which setup by a beautifully executed stretch play for 61 yards.​

Overall the team played as well as could be expected. After weeks of creating the perfect playbook, they got on the field and somehow two of the formations were missing from it. That was the low point of the day, well besides not having a shutout. QB Jacory Harris played well, and we did not commit a single turnover. It was an excellent game to get ready for the defending national Champs, Auburn.​

Final Score: Miami 55, FAU 10

Player of the Game:

WR Travis Benjamin: 173 All Purpose Yards and 2 TD​

Other Top Performers:

HB Lamar Miller: 19 carries, 90 yards, 2 TD and 5 catches for 85 yards​
    HB Mike James: 16 carries, 91 yards, 2 TD​
    QB Jacory Harris: 10/16, 220 yards, 2 TD​
    MLB Jordan Futch: 2 tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF​

14. LSUTRUTH

i did pull my starters at the begining of the third. i was tired of running clock so i super simmed a series and thus the cpu put my starters back into the game and lead to a td pass. i then proceeded to play the rest of the game killing the clock taking 2 knees on 4th down in the 4th quarter to make up for the errand Td pass which i did not throw. sorry about this.

@ aj hart mn

15. sonn

sonn Walk On

UNC 24 Notre Dame 16​

The Tar Heels opened their season with a victory in a rainy, sloppily played game that saw both teams commit a combined 10 turnovers. Notre Dame opened the scoring with a 28 yard field goal from David Ruffer. A missed tackle by SS Matt Merletti allowed star WR Micheal Floyd to score his first touchdown of the season. David Ruffer added another field goal, this time a 49 yarder to increase the lead to 13-0. After receiving great field position following a Dayne Crist interception North Carolina finally got on the board with 1:19 left in the half with senior wideout Dwight Jones catching a 10 yard pass from Bryn Renner.​

The only scoring of the 3rd quarter came on a Casey Barth 29 yard field goal which cut the Notre Dame lead to 13-10. After a great punt from CJ Feagles pinned the Irish inside their 5, redemption came for Merletti as he intercepted a pass from Crist and scampered 17 yards for a touchdown giving UNC their first lead of the game at 17-13 with 7:14 left in the 4th quarter. Notre Dame then quickly answered with another long field goal from 52 yards out. Renner then made a boneheaded decision trying to force a pass to TE Nelson Hurst and was picked off by safety Harrison Smith with under 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.​

Following a sack Notre Dame was faced with a 4th and 13 and Coach Kelly opted to try for another 50+ field goal from David Ruffer. Ruffer's kick fell just short hitting the crossbar and spilling out. Houston then capped off the scoring with a 53 yard run. A final pick by Crist with 30 seconds left finally ended any chance of a miracle comeback.​

UNC Notable Players:​
    Ryan Houston 21 att 92 yards 1 TD​
    Charles Brown 2 INTs​

Notre Dame Notable Players:​
    Micheal Floyd 4 rec 112 yards 1 TD​
    Manti Teo 7 tackles

Notes: Brown and Houston made their returns to the field after missing 2010 due to the NCAA investigation which saw 12 players suspened for varying lengths of time.... Floyd continues to add to his historic total with his 29th career touchdown... Notre Dame RB Cierre Wood left the game with a rib injury and will miss at least 6 weeks.

Scoring Summary:

First Quarter
    03:55 FG Notre Dame David Ruffer K #97 28 yard field goal
    00:16 TD Notre Dame Michael Floyd WR #3 60 yard pass from Dayne Crist QB #10
    Second Quarter
    02:39 FG Notre Dame David Ruffer K #97 49 yard field goal
    01:19 TD North CarolinaDwight Jones WR #83 10 yard pass from Bryn Renner QB #2
    Third Quarter
    03:25 FG North CarolinaCasey Barth K #11 29 yard field goal
    Fourth Quarter
    07:14 TD North CarolinaMatt Merletti SS #25 17 yard interception
    05:56 FG Notre Dame David Ruffer K #97 52 yard field goal
    00:48 TD North CarolinaRyan Houston HB #32 53 yard rush

Victory Girl:
    [​IMG]

*** I made a mistake and forgot to save pictures and videos from the game. Sorry Guys

• Like Like x 1
  16. jared16evans

jared16evans Walk On

The South Carolina Gamecocks took Virginia behind the woodshed, but it didn't start out that way. Alshon Jeffery made his presence known to the Caviliers on the first pass of the game, he got a step on the defensive back and Garcia lofted it up as the 6 foot 4 receiver reached his arms out and raced to the endzone.The Cavilier offense would not be intimidated though as they struck back with two scores of their own to take a 14-7 lead at the end of the first quarter.

The Gamecocks mustered a field goal with their first possession in the second quarter and with a strong willed defense led by Devin Taylor (Jr. DE) they stopped the Cavalier offense and followed Matt Coffee (So. FB) into the end-zone making it 17-14 South Carolina. The Cavaliers couldn't keep Lattimore quiet for long either. Lattimore carried the ball 22 times for 121 yards. Lattimore's biggest play came off of a 39 yard run that gave the Gamecocks a 13 point lead as they continued to dominate the Cavaliers. The Cavaliers offense faulted as they threw 3 interceptions and allowed 4 sacks.

The Gamecocks showed us in tonight's game that Alshon Jeffery and Marcus Lattimore are the keys to their season, we'll see when SEC play begins next week just how well they fair having not decided between Senior Stephen Garcia and Sophomore Conor Shaw at Quarterback.

17. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

Coach Screw and Coach Mav both had a great game this lovely evening. Overall it was a slow paced, grind-it-out type game. Coach Screw got on the board first with a Knile Davis TD run. Davis was a force the entire game, getting almost 30 carries and over 130 yards. The Razorbacks will rely on his legs throughout the course of the season. While Coach Screw focused on running the ball, Coach Mav took to the air for his first score in the 2nd quarter. The game went into half time tied up at 7-7.

While the first half had some turnovers and lots of punts, the 2nd half delivered more excitement. Screw scored first in the half with a HB run and Mav answered quickly with another TD pass. After throwing a bad INT, the Razorbacks gave up their 3rd passing score of the day to make it 21-14 OSU.

The Hogs were getting a little worried as the Cowboys scored with only 3.30 left in the game. Coach Screw kept on pounding the rock and mixed in a couple short throws to the TE to get down into the red zone. With 30 seconds left in the game, the Hogs threw their 1st TD pass to tie it up.

The game went into overtime where the Cowboys won the toss and elected to defend. After a few plays, QB Wilson threw a laser to Joe Adams, broke a tackle and scored to go up 28-21. The Cowboys then had many successful plays to get within 10 or so yards of pay dirt until a couple sacks turned the tide. The Cowboys faced 4th and long and looked to have an open WR near the endzone only to have the pass batted away at the last second.

Both coaches congratulated each other on a great game that easily could have gone either way.

Final: Ark 28 - OSU 21

Players of the game:
    Ark: Knile Davis 27 Car. 134 Yds 1 TD
    OSU: Brandon Weeden 14/35 180 Yds 3 TD

18. AJ Hart MN

19. AJ Hart MN

Super Sim's are not allowed, play the full game out. The chew clock feature works pretty well when trying to grind out the final quarter. The only way a Super Sim will ever be allowed is if you don't have time to get a game in and you do it from your cpu.

20. LSUTRUTH

thats nice to know i did not know this

21. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

ND and UNC played a back and forth battle that saw momentum shift several times before finally settling in UNC's favor in a game that was much closer than the final score appears. ND got the ball to start, driving down the field but stalling out and having to settle for a 28 yard field goal. UNC took the ball and began to move down the field steadily, but gave up the ball when the running back coughed it up. ND was unable to capitalize, as Crist threw an ill advised duck right to the defense to give it back. Not to be outdone, Renner threw his first pass of the next drive into the waiting arms of Gary Gray. This time, Crist didn't waste the opportunity, as he quickly found Michael Floyd for a 60 yard scoring strike down the sideline. Floyd stole the jump ball away from the DB, broke the tackle and waltzed into the endzone.

The game got ugly from there, as the teams traded various fumbles and interceptions, fighting valiantly to see who could be more inept offensively. Following an interception at midfield, ND was able to get a 50 yard field goal from the strong right leg of David Ruffer to take the 13-0 lead. ND's defense was able to hold yet again, forcing the punt, however UNC picked Crist off again, this time giving them great field position. UNC needed only 2 plays to score from the 21.

UNC took the ball to start the 2nd half and drove right down the field, only to stall out and settle for a 30 yard fg to pull within 3. ND took the ball, and failed to convert on 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1, leading the coach to rip out two clumps of hair. The D was able to hold however which gave Crist another opportunity to play catch with the defense, UNC took advantage and returned the errant throw for 6, giving them the momentum and a 17-13 lead.

ND was able to take the ball down the field on the next drive, but were stopped with about 6 minutes in the game. Rather than going for a 4 and 11, ND kicked the 53 yard fg to close within 1. Needing a huge play from the defense, ND delivered, intercepting Renner with 4:41 to go. The offense quickly got to work. Crist hit Riddick for a 15 yard gain on 3rd and 5. Faced with another 3rd and 5 at the 28 or so, and well within Ruffer's range for a winning fg, ND brazenly (stupidly) attempted a pass for the 1st. UNC took advantage and sacked Crist for a 7 yard loss. With 1:55 on the clock, ND had to kick a 52 yarder for the lead. UNC called time to ice the kicker, knowing full well that 52 yards from the middle of the field was right in Ruffer's wheel house. Ruffer got off a great kick, and the camera zoomed in on the all as it traveled, it looked to be going right through the uprights, but alas, it hit the bottom cross bar, bounced up and hung in the air for an eternity, only to fall harmlessly into the endzone, the officials waved their arms, no good.

That for all intensive purposes, was that. In the process of chewing the clock, Houston was able to break through the first line of defense and score a 53 yard td run to ice the game. It was a heartbreaking way to start the season for ND, but they will be back with a vengeance as they fight through their brutal 3 game stretch on the road to start the season.

(put some of the key plays on video, not sure how to show them here but they are on the dynasty website)

22. Legacy

Legacy Walk On

Season 1, Week 2

Tennessee: 43
    Arizona St.: 23

The 2011 Tennessee Volunteer season started off an a not so great note. The first drive for Tennessee ended in a punt as the offense stalled after a couple good runs by Tauren Poole. Arizona St. answered with something of an early question mark as the Tennessee defense could not find a stop. Osweiler finished the drive off with a 19 yard pass to Mike Willie who burned Janzen Jackson. On Tennessee's second drive it again stalled, but Michael Palardy was able to save it with 3 points from the 31 yards out. Momentum was still with Arizona State in the first as they scored with 1:20 left in the first on an Osweiler pass to Gerrell Robinson from 52 yards as he burned the Tennesse secondary on a PA pass.

The second quarter started out as the same as Tennesse could not find an offensive spark. After pinning the Sun Devils two times in a row inside the 5 yard line... the Tennessee defense created their own spark. The Volunteer defense came with a heavy blitz and sacked Osweiler causing a fumble that was scooped up by Jacques Smith for a TD. This turn of events started the momentum swings as the Volunteers behind Tyler Bray caught fire. Scoring on the next 2 possessions to end the 1st half. First came on a pass to Da'Rick Rodgers from 27 yards out and then on a Tyler Bray bullet to Zach Rodgers for another TD.

Going into the second half it was all Volunteers as Osweiler's first pass of the second half was picked my Presstus Waggner for a "pick six". After another stop by the Volunteer defense... Bray went back to work hitting Justin Hunter on a 51 yard bomb. Tennesse tacted on another field goal by Palardy from 47 yards.

Tyler Bray: 10 for 15, 224 yards and 3 TD's

Tauren Poole: 26 rushes, 92 yards

Justin Hunter (P.O.T.G.): 4 catches, 156 yards, 1 TD
    Zach Rodgers: 3 catches, 35 yards, 1 TD
    Da'rick Rodgers: 2 catches, 32 yards, 1 TD

Janzen Jackson: 12 tackles, 7 solo and 5 assisted, 1 tackle for loss.
    Presstus Wagner: 5 tackles, 2 solo and 3 assisted, 1 interception plus the defensive TD

Tennessee (1-0) faces Miami (FL) week 2

• Like Like x 1
  23. Mad Money Merk

Mad Money Merk aka The G.O.A.T

Georgia walks off with a 48-11 victory over Southern Miss.

Georgia controlled this game from the very beginning rolling off 21 points in the first quarter. The keys to our success was the running game. Malcome rushed for 90 yards, 3 touchdowns and Carlton Thomas rushed for 77 yards on 15 carries. The defense was excellent, only allowing 196 yards in the air and less than 1 yard per carry rushing. We know this was a low level CPU team and we expect it to get harder as we face tougher User opponents. But we'll enjoy this win and get ready for those South Carolina Gamecocks.

24. PAgamer07

[​IMG]

Miami, Florida:

The Miami Hurricanes were looking forward to this one. The first game under coach PAGamer's regime against the defending National Champs, the Auburn Tigers and a conference game to boot. Things felt a little off for this one, the skis were dark and rain was pouring but the teams decided to kick-off, AND even play. Miami was flawless on offense, and defense and took a commanding 31-6 lead with less than 2 minutes left in the 3rd. And then, the lightning and wind started. The game was subsequently called off, meaning they would have to replay the next day.

Unfortunately for the Canes, they were not nearly as focused for the 2nd game. Although it was played under sunny skies, it was the sloppiest game of the season. Highlighted by Jacory Harris' 4 interceptions.

The team knew it would be a long day, and flashbacks of 2010 were painfully obvious. What was an excellent defense in the first game, surrounded over 500 yards to the Tigers and allowed 38 points. A recipe for disaster. Lamar Miller was dominant on the day, continuing to showcase his versatility with this receiving skills and his excellent running ability.

Travis Benjamin continued his exceptional kick and punt returning ability averaging 30 and 15 yards respectively. He also hauled in 5 balls, highlighted by a 55 yard over the shoulder catch in the waning minutes.

As poorly as Harris and the defense played, the Canes still had a chance to tie this game late. But K Jake Wieclaw would miss an easy 31 yard FG attempt from the right hashmark that pretty much sealed the team's fate and was the exclamation point on the loss of focus by the team.

Next week the Canes travel to Rocky Top, to face another conference opponent. This time Legacy's Tennessee Volunteers squad. A loss here will give them 2 conference losses, and little to no shot of a conference championship. The team has to play much better defensively and Harris cannot turn the ball over if they want a chance to win this thing.

Final Score: Auburn 38, Miami 35

Top Performers:

HB Lamar Miller (Miami): 20 carries, 185 yards, 3 TD and 4 catches for 51 yards.
    WR Travis Benjamin (Miami): 361 total yards receiving and returning
    QB Barrett Trotter (Auburn): 18/26, 332 yards, 2 TD and 39 yards rushing
    WR Emory Blake (Auburn): 3 catches, 124 yards, 2 TD
    DT Marcus Fortson (Miami): 5 tackes, 2 sacks, 1 FF
    OLB Sean Spence (Miami): 5 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF

25. sonn

sonn Walk On

Ouch thats a real shitty turn of events.