NCAA 12 Teams and Talk

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Mar 30, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

@Cheez
    @gowazzucougs
    @dakota7
    @JFace907
    @mboda
    @omega41
    @MexiRican35
    @whygodwhy1111
    @Jayrah
    @aarondramp
    @Dru50

The premier thing doesnt look like its going to happen. I think management is taking a different route. So, with that in mind, I wanted to start some chatter about the next version and selecting teams.

First off, is everyone still on board for the next version? If not, please let me know ASAP so we can work on filling your spot.

Second, we are going to a 2 conference set-up, Big 10 and Pac 12 seems to be the consensus, but if we need to vote on that we can. We'll also draft teams according to how you did in this years version to try and level the playing field a bit. So here is what I had in mind as far as draft order goes and please don't take this personal, im just going off how well you did with the team you had :)

1. omega41
    2. Cheez
    3. Jayrah
    4. gowazzucougs
    5. Jface
    6. recchem
    7. aarondramp
    8. dakota
    9. Mexi
    10. Whygodwhy
    11. mboda
    12. Dru

No teams are off limits. Pick a team that will keep your interest throughout the next year's version of the game.

Pac 12 North - 3 Teams
    Washington
    Washington State
    Oregon
    Oregon State
    Stanford
    Cal

Pac 12 South - 3 Teams
    USC
    UCLA
    Arizona
    Arizona State
    Utah
    Colorado (or BYU if we want to make the move)

Big 10 Legends - 3 Teams
    Iowa
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    Minnesota
    Nebraska
    Northwestern

Big 10 Leaders - 3 Teams
    Illinoins
    Indiana (or Notre Dame if we want to make the move)
    Ohio State
    Penn State
    Purdue
    Wisconsin

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Plus, its been a little dead around here this season, so it gives us something to talk about :D

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I am taking UW Huskies, NOT. I will be choosing WSU or Michigan, or Nebraska

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Oh yeah, I wanted to point out that im only playing in 2 OD's next version, not 3 like im currently doing. I want to give the one I run and the Premier league I hopefully get in all of my attention.

• Like Like x 1
  5. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I just know that I plan on being in the Pac 12 since I hate the Big 10.

6. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

@recchem2000 - When are we drafting?

@Cheez - I'm coming for ya bruddah! In the Big Ten I plan on extending my 2 game win streak on you ;). I am suddenly having a difficult decision to make though. It may come down to who you pick because I want to play you in some sort of rivalry. However it may be forced, with the divisions the way they are. I am in pondering.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We could now...thats the order I came up with. Does it look ok to everyone else? I just wanted to get some thoughts and chatter about next years game going. Do you think you could come up with a logo for us Jay?

8. aarondramp

I wouldn't mind waiting until we get a little closer to firm up who we are taking. There could be some fall out before then, and I'd be curious to see how teams are rated before next year. If I'm out-voted then that's fine, too.

9. aarondramp

The way the Big 10 is done next year, you could pick teams that are primary rivals and play each other every year even if you're not in the same division. Here are the rivals and divisions:

Legends ------ Leaders
    Minnesota ---- Wisconsin
    Michigan ----- Ohio State
    Michigan St. -- Indiana
    Northwestern - Illinois
    Iowa --------- Purdue
    Nebraska ----- Penn St.

Also, the Pac 12 has the two divisions but the California schools play each other every year. So if you go Pac 12 you can either be in the same division or just both be in California.

10. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Man i think i'm sitting pretty in my draft spot. Should be a little further towards the back, but i'll take it :D

My draft board is looking like this:

1. Ohio State
    2. Northwestern
    3. Arizona
    4. Arizona State
    5. Colorado
    6. Utah
    7. Michigan State
    8. Illinois
    9. Stanford
    10. Nebraska

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Ratings really shouldnt matter. We'll start this league with just the named rosters. We move quickly enough, most of those guys will be gone halfway through. That's why im saying take a team you want or have some sort of connection to.

12. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I am pretty sure I am the only one that would dare select UW.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Pretty sure Jayrah and cougs wont want them unless they want to tank it all year!

14. aarondramp

Yeah I was more curious about recruiting ratings than the players. I could pick now though if that's what people would like to do. As long as I go with Pac 12 I can find someone I like.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Its all preliminary. I just wanted to get a feel for who everyone wanted.

16. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

The only thing I might change, and I don't mean to piss you off @Dru50 because selecting last sucks, but is it fair to mexi, wgw and boda...who have played 5+ seasons to have to pick after dru, who has played 3 games? That's my only concern and I'll defer to whatever you think recchem.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I actually think thats fair and don't think Dru will care. Didnt think about it like that but you are right.

18. dakota7

I just think it's most fair to mexi, wgw, and boda.

I asked this before, because they'd be on my list, but how about Notre Dame? Can we add them or just short the Big Ten a team, seeing as they play so many of these schools anyway?

19. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I would have said yes with the Big Ten not having a title game, but with the expansion and soon to be title game I have to say no. Reason being it throws off the Conference setup dynamic. I hate taking out schools that are already in a conference and then leaving you out of the Big Ten title game would be just a shame.

But its not my place seeing as i'm in the bottom third as far as N.O. league experience. Just voicing my .02

20. dakota7

I didn't think about it that way, that makes sense.

21. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Good discussion.

@recchem2000 - Are non-premier leagues going to be allowed a sig next year? If not, is there a need for a logo?

@gowazzucougs - What on earth would prevent you from taking the Cougs? (Besides me selecting them because I am before you in the order....which I only would not do because I am under the impression they are yours)

@Aarondromp - That is a good point. I was unsure of how the primary rivals played out. Regardless, if Cheez goes with Illinois again, I would be in a pickle. Not a fan of Northwestern, don't really like anyone on the Leaders side of the board (although PSU is intriguing), and the more I think about the Gophers, the tougher it is to convince myself I can win with them.

@everybody - I guess before I decide anything I want to know who's wanting to go in the Pac 12, cuz I can go either way but I am a Pac 12 fan. I know there are 5 so far that are for sure Pac 12. Dru, Aaron, Rec, Wazzu, WhyGod. Is there a 6th that absolutely WANTS the last Pac spot?

22. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

We will need to divide the pac 10 divisions evenly aswell. I think its cal, stanford, UW, WSU, Or, OrSt in the north with All those other schools in the south. But that may not be right.

23. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Apparently Ohio state has out played texas in the last 5 years. I demand a recount :).

24. dakota7

You should take who you want and not worry so much about what everyone else wants. Stop being so damn nice.

25. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

And here I thought that recchem was complimenting me with making me pick last.....excuse me while I head off to the corner and pout;).