NCAA 12 - Which conferences

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, May 15, 2011.

?

Which conferences should we use? (pick 3 of the 4 choices)

1. ACC

81.8%
  2. Big 10

100.0%
  3. Pac 12

63.6%
  4. SEC

54.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Well 8 out of 8 people picked, 3 conferences so we are going with that format. Next up is deciding on which 3 conferences. I am limiting this to BCS Conferences with a conference championship game.

Multiple votes are allowed in this. Please select the 3 conferences we should use.

Team selection is still a few weeks off, but this will allow us to start scouting teams.

2. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I voted ACC, Big Ten, Pac 12.

Main Reason is purely for the Rose Bowl. Although I'm not a big fan of any of the teams in either conference I still like watching the Rose Bowl and I think it would bring an intense rivalry between the 8 guys in the BigTen/Pac 12.

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I went SEC, ACC, Big 10

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I chose the same, I have been in the SEC for 2 games so I have no interest playing with an SEC team. If I can't get Ohio State my next choices 2 or 3 choices would be in the Pac 12.

5. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I voted SEC, ACC, and Big 10. I voted SEC because I want to be LSU. It doesn't matter to me what the other 2 conferences are.

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I voted ACC, Big 10, and SEC. But as long as I get VT in the ACC I could careless about the others.

7. Cutch 22

Cutch 22 Let's gooooooo

I voted ACC, Pac 12, and Big Ten.

Kind of what Hokie said though, if I can get PSU...I am cool with whoever else you guys want to role with. If someone else picks PSU, the schools that interest me the most (Oregon, Miami, etc) are in the ACC and Pac 12.

8. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I went with the Big 10, Pac 12/10, and the ACC.

I was in an ACC and SEC and a Conference USA OD. Which means ill be leaning towards using a team on the west coast to get out of that region. Cant wait to head west!!! Well I hope.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Looks like a tight race between Pac 12 and SEC, with Pac 12 having a 1 vote lead at the moment.

10. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Maybe if we can get a rough draft of what teams we want, then which conferences will play themselves out.

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I went ahead and voted big 10, acc, pac 10. I think the big 10 and acc are locks, or should be due to the amount of specific team interest (vt, psu, osu, etc.) and everyone does SEC so I thought pac 10 would be more interesting. However I don't feel strongly on it. If the majority want SEC I'm totally fine with that.

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

My first choice is Ohio State, then Stanford, then Cal. After that I have no real preference. If we go SEC I'd probably go South Carolina or Tennessee. If I had to go ACC, I'd probably go for Florida State but that is the conference I personally don't want to join.

13. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I went SEC, ACC, and Big 10.

14. BDSDIGITAL

If enough people really want the SEC I'd change my vote. I don't have any 1 team I am dying to be. I could find 2 or 3 in any conference.

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We will wait and see. Right now we are at 5-4 but a few people haven't chimed in yet.

16. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I would prefer sec so I could at least pick a team in my region since I am unable to be Texas. I was wanting to play with LSU

17. Twister18

I can be almost any team but I would love to be Georgia so Slick and I can play every season. :p

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Well here is a hypothetical lineup

Big 10
    Me - Ohio State
    PSU - Penn State
    Beazus - Nebraska/Minnesota
    1ke - Illinois

SEC
    Perry - Alabama
    Slick - LSU
    Twist - Georgia

ACC
    Hokie - VT
    Clay - Clemson
    Vandermint - UNC

That leaves Jman and BDS to battle it out the remaining teams/conferences.

19. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Im not kidding when I say this, and i realize i might get flamed for this. But i pick teams based on unis....or uniform combos. ASU and Wazzu have new uniforms this year, thats why I was leanin towards them. No huge loss if we dont go with the Pac 10, im sure I can find a team in the Big 10 to use.

I know I made a initial list, but that can be shredded.

If we do choose not to use the Pac 10, ill go with Illinois in the Big 10.

20. Cutch 22

Cutch 22 Let's gooooooo

If we go 4 per conference and bravejaf and me go OSU and PSU, the other two Big 10 teams would need to come out of the other conference (Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Iowa, Minny, or NW).

21. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

It should be fine. I don't like swapping conferences, but I have less of a problem swapping divisions. It is not like I'm messing up a long-time setup, this just happened this year.

22. Twister18

Awesome pick, being an Illini fan myself!

23. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

To be honest if there is a team in the SEC west that 1ke would like I would give up Bama and be Michigan. I know a lot of people don't care if divisions are swapped but I like it kept where it is.

24. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Ahh, if thats the case I can easily pull out of using Illinois. I can manage using one of those other teams.

I would really like to try and stay out of the SEC as mush as possible. It seems like everyone uses the SEC and im just kinda sick of em tbh lol.

Well see though, we still have a couple votes left.

25. BDSDIGITAL

There aren't very many flamboyant uni combos in that list boss......

Just saying.