NCAA '12 wishlist...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by bringbackjimmy, Oct 1, 2010.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

NCAA '12 wishlist...

Practice-i hate practicing 1 formation at a time at the same yrd line... how bout scrimages? 2 minute drill? how about adding scouting with you being able to practice against your opposing teams 3 top plays O and D plays.

no sliders- i know drifter will hate this idea, but how about the players actually play as their attributes suggest? no need to make cpu mind readers, because if you go up against a great secondary they already play like one.

off field problems-remember last gen when you had to make a choice between winning or suspending your stud player,because he got caught cheating.. if you ran your program like USC or old Miami you got schollies taken away and it hurt your prestige...

stats-I would really like to know how many times my db's are targeted. wouldn't be really awesome to land a stud CB and find out the other team only tries his side like 3 times a game. or find out the #1 Wr was targeted 10 times, but only got 2 rec. same on the WR side how many times you target a wr so now you know how many are drops and how many are bad throws...

playoff-i know they probably can't, but i remember gamebreaker 99 when they gave you a option. i think it would be fun for the deuce even though it would add a few days to our season...

2. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I think with the ratings aspect they improve a lot on this version, but I still think they can improve on having ratings matter.

Recruiting still needs help, I'm not a big fan of the whole point system, but it is what it is.

Off-field problems would be awesome. I'd also like for schools to get away with cheating for a few years like in real life. Also, schools should get caught cheating, but not everytime you cheat.

Coaching changes would be nice. I'd like to see coaches get fired, and then hired at other schools. Or, a head coach get fired, then rehired as a coordinator at another school.

Also, they should have Defensive and Offensive coaches for schools. I don't know the NCAA rules behind it, but they could just make up names if they need. It'd make it fun if assistant coaches changed schools, and later became head coaches. They would need to keep track of stats on that as well, wins and losses and such.

Upgrade the playbook. So many of the playbooks are identical to other ones. It makes it more like the NFL where all the teams basically run the same thing.

Custom playbooks.

I may be in the minority, but it doesn't really bother me when a team just owns me. In real life that happens. A team just isn't hyped, or focused enough, and they just can't do anything right and lose.

I'd also like to hear more school specific sounds at each school.

More atmosphere, that is what makes college football.

I'm at work until 11:00 AM est, so I'm just writing things that pop in my head.

I really do like this version of the game though.

They need to fix the dynasty wire website too. It could be great.

Also, those stupid stats that pop up saying a guy has a -90 yard return, really?

They need to fix the season records and career records. I get tired of hearing my guy broke a record 10 times a season.

I like sliders because in our league we have to change the sliders depending on how we are playing.

It'd be cool to have the choice of a playoff, but I doubt the NCAA would allow them to put it in the game. I'd rather play the bowl games, but to have a choice would be nice for people who like playoffs. Like I said though, the NCAA won't allow it in this game.

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Also in gamebreKer 99 you started off as spt coach(if it was a big school) and worked your self up. Once you became OC/DC you controlled the plays and who the HC went after in recruits. If you completed goals you would get a offer to a higher position either at your school or a different higher school. That wouldn't really work for us but it would be cool for offline or the dynasty that does lower school and then become higher programs( I forget which one does that).

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

What type of cheating are you thinking sand. I would like to see pop ups saying lawdog players been arrested for smuggling 40 lbs of crack and then see OM suspend him for a qtr.

Most probable penalties though would be:
    Cheating on test
    Skipped class
    Fell asleep in meeting
    Fighting.
    Curfew

5. theSANDMAN215

I don't think the NCAA would allow it, but they should add illegally talking to agents or something.

6. theSANDMAN215

I still think they should name the coaches (even if fake names- we could always get real names and download them), and have assistant coaches, and have coaches fired and replaced. Have some head coaches go to other schools, assistant coaches go to other schools to be assistants or head coach.

They would need to keep career stats on all the coaches, but it'd be a cool aspect.

Also, for online dynasties, we could hire and fire our assistants. They'd have to add something to allow us not to just hire the best, I'm not sure how they could do that. For our teams, our assistants could take head coaching or assistant jobs at other schools. We could follow them and crap. It'd be fun to play against an assistant that coached for us.

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Maybe add a athletic budget. That you earn money by attendance and sponsors that way you can pay for them and like facilities that way you can up it. For assistance you have to run their pb so you would have to be careful on who you choose and if you fire them it counts against your budget untill his contract is up or hired by someone else.

8. theSANDMAN215

That's a good idea. Yeah, I like the offensive coordinator and how you have to run their playbook.

I just don't think the NCAA would allow the money aspect in a video game.

They'd probably make it on your prestige where you can get coaches 1-10 if you are 3-star prestige, coaches 1-20 if you are 4-stars, and so on. The money thing would be nice though, so you could improve your home stadium and stuff.

9. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Somethings I would like:

1. Signing Day presentation: It would be nice if they selected some random recruits & do like a TV style presentation with them putting on the cap of their school choice like they do on ESPNU Signing Day.

2. Off the field problems would be great. not sure why this hasn't made it to current gen yet.

3. Increase the users from 12 to 16.

10. theSANDMAN215

11. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Custom playbooks.... i would love a custom playbook....
    ability to practice with redshirts/transfers without them losing their eligiblity....

12. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    custom playbooks is a bag of uh-oh waiting to happen. Just sayin', I think it can be abused.

I assure you that our sliders have nothing to do with how the DBs react to WR routes. Turn it to zero and see for yourself. They still break on out-routes, hitches and comebacks before the WR does WITH THEIR BACK TURNED. I guess it's a complication program logic to only have a DB react to what he is actually looking at.

They need to make QB acc really matter. Like 60 THA mean that he sometimes won't even throw it near the WR.

13. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I was just thinking about this. This years game is the best they've ever put out IMO, and if they take another big step with next years game like this year, I don't think I'd have any more complaints.

Here's a couple of my wishes:

1. I still feel like the game is misproportioned. Either guys are too big and fast, or the field is too small. It should be nearly impossible to go 80 yards in under a minute in the 4th quarter to win a game.

2. Like in 1, situational factors. If you get the ball inside your own 5 yard line, the defense should get like a 5% ratings boost or something to make it more difficult. And vice versa, if you get it off a turnover on your opponents 20, the offense should get a boost as it'd be pretty likely you'd score there.

3. I think locomotion is great, but it needs to be a bigger factor. Guys can still change directions too quickly IMO.

4. Adjust defensive alignment pre-snap. I hate when the offense comes out in goalline and I call a zone defense but my corners line up 10 yards outside of the tackle box in no mans land. If they'd adjust this so in cover 3 for instance, CBs would line up on the outside shoulder of the outside guy and etc. I think it would really help the defenses and make the game more realistic.

5. Since they seem to have made man coverage actually work off ratings this season, that's great. Now just make the zones effective as well where guys actually matchup with the guy coming through their zone rather than standing in no mans land.

6. Get rid of the psychic CBs and shit. I hate when I throw an out route and the CB jumps the route before I even throw the ball.

7. The pass rush still needs to be fixed. It's non existent and allows zones to get dissected since the QB has all day to throw the ball. Also, emphasize the pocket more. You should be able to move around in the pocket and buy time more.

8. Coaching carousel would be cool.

9. More differences among recruits. Drastically different types, MLBs who are athletic freaks or cerebral players. WR's who are like Randy Moss or quick little shits like Wes Welker and etc.

10. Add the 20 yard shuttle to the recruiting database so you can find out who the guys with the best acceleration and agility are. Also, make scrolling through the recruits done by using the down on the D-pad and let the stick move you up and down on the attributes screen. I hate when you gotta push down on the left stick 4x to move one guy sometimes!

11. No custom playbooks, but they need to balance out the playbooks more with offensive schemes. For instance, this year Florida's playbook has a play action with automotion, but there's no run with it to actually set the play action up.

12. Big one here. Make the CPU recruit to their playbooks. If GT recruits another passing QB next year.......

13. I think it'd be cool if you could setup the CPU. For instance, if I run a bunch of slants or curls successfully, then the CPU adapts and the CB starts jumping the route, I should be able to call a sluggo or hitch and go and burn the CB on it since he's jumping the short stuff. I think that would be a really cool addition to the game that would make sense.

14. Add the different special teams formations, spread punts and stuff like that. Also, make the punt returns more realistic. I hate how the punt cover team clumps together in the middle of the field like they do.

14. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

The biggest thing that needs to be changed is having a signing day, and having no players sign prior to that date except for December signees, who would get to go through offseason workouts and get a free progression.

I like the idea of having more recruiting time, and having to keep recruiting everyone until signing day. Guys could have three different leaders throughout the recruiting process.

Other ways to make recruiting fun, would be to have the option to send assistant coaches to Friday night games once a week.

You could have an athletic budget, and have to pay assistants money, and each assistant would have strengths like: Recruiting, Gameplan, or Progression. Im sure there are more. They would also progress considering how many top notch recruits they bring in, and then they are up to re-negotiate their contract and/or get stolen by a bigger school.

Then once you lose two or three coaches, you have to make bids to assistant coaches kind of like Madden used to have free agency in order to replace the ones you lost.

There is a lot of cool stuff they could add in this area. I like the signing day idea as well.

15. GoGators

I agree on the signing day and december recruits getting to progress. Those would be awesome additions.

Also, as pointed out earlier, I'd like to see dynasty's have the option to expand to 16-18 teams. You could always still use just 12, but it'd be awesome to have that option to go to 16.

16. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Hey jr. You can practice with rs. I know it gives you that screen that says your pulling his rs but if you do it in practice it doesnt carry over...

17. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I have a QB with close to 60 THA, and trust me, its that bad. I mean terrible.

18. JrRawlins

damn i wish i knew that this past season, i would have been using some of the guys i have on the redshirted, like Larsen and my backup QB Tucker.. i am anxious to see what they can do....

19. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I just want:

The spring game to return from the next gen days...I loved being able to designate my impact player and the small progression boost you got from the game

Medical redshirts - I've wanted this for years......nothing worse when your stud freshman goes down with an early season ending injury and you have to watch him waste a year

That's it, I'm good with everything else about the game

20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    They should make special teams matter more...especially in the collegiate game, ST's are HUGE. I mean, blocking punts, field goals should be a bit more prevalent. kick returns and punt returns need to be fixed IMO as well...and then I feel the game is damn near perfect.

21. JrRawlins

so i can use a redshirted player during any practice? if so that is awesome....

22. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

yeah just go into practice and put him in. it will give the this will take his RS away msg, but it doesn't carry over when you quit...

I only know this, because i was thinking of switching my PB to a running QB and with the addition of my 5* i didn't need to keep a RS on one of my fast qb's so i did it. then when i went to DC after i was done and he still had his RS...

23. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I wish the servers could change how they read visits. i hate having a guy visit only to find out another user has him coming in the same week. it's not like a kid could be at 2 places at once.

24. GoGators

I was dicking around today in practice and some exhibition games trying to find a new playbook for next season. A couple things made me so pissed off with this game I was pretty close to retiring the sticks. While it seemed they made great improvements, the game still has so many issues it's ridiculous.

1. You cannot throw a fade route. This is still broken. It's one of the most basic plays in football and EA still hasn't added the ability to do it. I've got a 6'5" WR with 99 jumping and a 99 accuracy QB matched up in practice on a 78 ovr CB that's 5'11". Think I could hit a fade route in the end zone from the red zone like you normally see on Saturdays? Not a chance in hell. I even tried it with AJ Green (i can't believe I used UGA...yuck!) and it still didn't work. Add to that the CPU WRs get stuck in stupid canned animations and don't even try to go up and fight for the ball. What a joke.

2. The running game is stupid as possible. There's no jump step. The jukes are still canned animations so if you shake one guy, you're stuck in the animation like a sitting duck until the next guy hit sticks you. Bullshit!

3. QBs with carry ratings as high as most HBs will inevitably fumble if they run on a pass play and get hit. This makes no sense. Guess ratings don't matter.

4. The QB passes still get to their target way too quickly. Passes are two dimensional, either lob or bullet. There's no consideration for arc on a mid range pass. EA's been making these games for around 15 years now and they still haven't added this shit. What a joke.

5. The players are infinitely faster than they should be. Guys run 40s in under 4 seconds.

6. Zone coverages are complete shit. Is it really that difficult to get guys in zones to read routes? I mean in man they can cut before the WR does, why can't they matchup in zone coverage?

7. Locomotion is bullshit. If you really look at it, it doesn't do shit. Guys still make 90 degree cuts without planting their foot, dropping their hips, and changing speeds. There's still full on tron jogging where guys magically change directions. It's mid November and I'm already starting to think they didn't make as much progress with this game as I initially thought.

8. The playbooks are stupid. Half the plays don't work. Have any of you guys tried a bubble screen? Wow. What a waste of time adding these. They never work. It's the same bullshit.

9. Team specific playbooks, my ass! All they did to the playbooks is add a type to them. It's the same plays they've had for the past 2 years. Consider Auburn's playbook is identical practically identical to MSU, UFs, and Oregons. Has EA actually watched these teams play? The only thing these offenses have in common is that they're run from the spread.

Oh, I'll be damned. As I'm typing this, Aaron Murray just tried to hit AJ Green on a fade route in the end zone. If it's in the game.......it's not in EAs game.

That is all.

25. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Couple things I want in NCAA 12:

1. Improved EA servers
    2. A graph of the type plays a user runs that the commish can see. Like say Kentucky ran the ball 25 times & 15 of those were toss plays, the commish can see that & tell me to knock it off. Or if 70% of your defensive plays were blitzes, the commish can tell me to cut it out.