NCAA '12 Wishlist

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by JerzeyReign, Oct 15, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

NCAA '12 Wishlist

**First Ryno or any other mod, is it cool to start this? I know last year they started asking for ideas for the next game in December. With Ryno being a GameChanger and EA recognizing what we do over here I think this would be great to get the entire community's opinion or wants. I'll update this first post with the most asked for things in table format. Is that cool?**

-Just in case it is I'm just going to drop two out of probably a million ideas I have for the next NCAA game-

-Dreadlocks. Yup, I think its time to make players look different somehow. Plus, I know someone will bring this up somewhere down the road:D

-Coaching Contracts in online dynasty. That would make ODs so much better knowing if you have a team like Oklahoma and your going 4-8 every year that they will get rid of you.

Those are a couple of my opinions. I know other folks out there have some ideas brewing:).

Wish Times Mentioned Best Reason Why It Should Be In Importance Rating
    Dreadlocks 1 Adds realistic individuality to players. :1stars:
    Coaching Contracts for OD 1 Adds realism to the OD :1stars:
    Accelerated Clock Fixed 1 Should not run when you go out of bounds. Rushes players/game :1stars:
    CPU recruiting to fit their style 3 Teams like Georgia Tech should not go after pocket passers, just like Bama wouldn't recruit a kid who can't throw :3stars:
    Spectator Mode 2 More immersion within your online dynasty :2stars:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I think the chew clock function could work better. On plays when the clock stops like incomplete passes or going out of bounds, it shouldn't reduce your playclock without taking any time off the game clock.

Also, mass subs should be available for online play. It sucks being in an online dynasty and having to pause and manually sub out every player that I don't want to risk an injury to.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

True indeed. I wish they find a way to make an accelerated clock to allow me to play 15 minute quarters offline:)

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

CPU recruits players to fit their playbooks (i.e. GT recruits option style QBs)

Correct defensive alignments w/strong and weak side LB's, DE's and safeties etc.

Increase the effects of locomotion even more

Better CPU defensive playcalling where there's less all out blitzes that result in them being burnt too easily

More scrambling from CPU running QBs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Spectator mode, at-least a live box score of the game. I want to be able to follow my league games more closely.

6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    ^^^^This

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I concur as well... I don't think Georgia Tech is ever looked at as a threat (unless user controlled) once their default roster is gone, hell sometimes once the starter leaves.

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS RIGHT HURRR

9. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Revamp of pass defense. Specifically man to man. Do away with press coverage and instead allow defensive play call to determine how your guys cover receivers.

I'm not a coach so correct me if I'm wrong on some of these. If I run a cover 2 man, I want my cb's to be all over short routes. The have safety help for deep patterns. Play to the inside to prevent slants, drags, etc.

On blitzes or cover 0 situations, I've seen different strategies. Some cb's will play BNR and hope the pressure hits home before he gets burnt, while others play about 5-7 yards of the line and watch the QB's eyes and usually "jump" the first move.

There are many other situations where the type of D determines how the cb's play their man. I think it would be much more rewarding to both players to add depth in this area.

Instead of "show blitz", you could have a "show coverage" where your cb's would show a coverage like BNR but bail out at the snap.

I'm just so tired of the pass coverages we've had for a while. It's basically, hope your guys can cover the other and not alot else.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Let's face it, bump coverage is an embarrassment, only elite corners can successful bump the best Wideouts SOMETIMES, not every play. In NCAA every single corner on your roster can "Al Harris" your Wideout easily if they are pressed. Same exact issue in madden. Where is the logic in that? Shouldn't you press rating have some effect on the bump rather than the WR just getting raped 90% of the time

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Or throw a flag... I'll update the list once I get home because this is a good one, I think onaradio and your idea is probably one the biggest gameplay improvements the dev team must get in next year.

12. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

It is and there is no thought process for either user.

Another one is "Double Outsides, X, Y, Z". You basically have two guys covering a guy with the EXACT same logic. They don't use each other to bracket the WR. A good defensive play call that is worthless in-game.

13. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I think the shading of coverage by CBs AND LBs would be really cool. Just like you stated, if a CB has over the top help, he should jump outs, curls, and comebacks. If he doesn't, you should be able to hit those routes unless the CB is superior to the WR.

14. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Definitely agree with this. It's way to effective and amplifies the pass rush at least 10x. It should only work if your players have good press coverage ratings.

15. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

I would like to see a sort of weekly recap added while advancing weeks in dynasty. So, rather seeing the simmed scores or the recruiting information it would display the Top 25, conference standings, Heisman, POTW, etc. I think this would help increase immersion into the dynasty mode, if you were given the information as it was advancing. I'm not expecting much, heck even the scroll bar they have during the dynasty menus would be better than watching the sim scores and recruit data fly by so fast you can't make sense of it.

16. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

This would make a huge difference in many aspects of the game for me and many others. It would change recruiting for DT's, LB's, safeties, CB's, the whole defense. I would be able to better suit my defensive players to my playcalling.

Mike

17. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I agree on pretty much everything you guys have posted. I would like a way to customize uniforms. like at Clemson, I'd love to rock a white helmet with an orange paw, just simple stuff like that, or like I'm Florida in a OD, they wore orange jerseys the other night against LSU, it would be nice to be able to either download uniforms or customize them yourself

18. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

onaradio obviously knows what he's talking about - when you start mentioning how bracket coverage works and playing inside shading - you talk about how cb's play different ways in accordance with what the play call is... i mean, this is in depth football stuff. Onaradio, you sir are a scholar and a gentleman. I would worship the ability to make a defensive call and say "take away the effing SLANT!"

That's a game changing improvement, if by some act of god they make a change like that.

19. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I think cpu teams running the hurry up offense should have their playcalling logic revamped. Its completely unrealistic to see Oklahoma come out on first down running 5 wide and hurry up to the line and call I Tight on 2nd down........with 5 wr's on the field. It would be pretty simple to change the playcall logic to only formations that fit the personnel on the field at the time.

20. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I just have a small thing. In dynasties, when you look at the game preview it bases the rankings for statistical categories on total yards, not avg per game. So a team with 6 games that gives up 344 rushing yards is #1 at rush defense over a team that played 8 games and gave up 346 yards, which doesn't make sense.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Please this would be amazing EA.

22. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

what he said. because not only will they do that but they will run wildcat then go shotgun and have the RB trying to pass the ball not real at all

23. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I formation audible to a run I don't need my quarterback to try and quiet the crowd.

24. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

THIS!!!! It can be a dead giveaway when I'm playing on the road and come out with 4 wide and see a wide open box. I check to a run and the QB quiets the home crowd. Pretty much gives it away. I've had to start randomly quieting the crowd in away games so it doesn't give it completely away when I'm checking a play.

25. bustedukulele

bustedukulele Walk On

Customized Playbooks. The playbooks this year are great. I just want to take different formations and insert them into my own playbook.