NCAA 12 Wishlists

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Jmustang1968, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Hey guys I want to put up an article on the main page covering some of the NCAA 12 wishlists for the upcoming game. I am sure everyone has a few [​IMG]. Please respond here with some of your most important things you want resolved or included for the next NCAA. I will grab some of the most common ones and great ideas and put up something on the main page about it. Thanks.

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

lol one sec...

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

- Commish ability to sim and toss game results in an online dynasty for user games until he gets the desired result.
    - Better logic in numbering recruits for user teams - ie: more WR's without 80's numbers... like 17 or 7 should be available for WR recruits when assigned.
    - Easier ways to monitor everyone’s recruiting, restarts, stats, etc.....if possible
    - More in depth recruiting with scouts needing to confirm player abilities instead of knowing them right away. Would bring another dimension into recruiting to actually have to put eyes on a player.
    - Defensive Alignments feature from Madden or as we discussed a package to put your top cornerback on the slot WR.
    - Allow users to vote for Coaches poll
    - Secondary position rating for each player so they don't lose attributes after coming in as athlete.
    - Make offseason training more in-depth where you can choose what your players need to work on - maybe incorporate the practice mode from RTG for a selected few players and allow the practice results to be allocated to ratings boosts.
    - More in-depth ratings (example: QB would have short, med, deep accuracy)
    - More QB missed passes (as opposed to tipped balls and int's being the norm for an incompletion)
    - Game film - Watch a selection of plays from upcoming opponents previous games.
    - Live Broadcast or recorded broadcast... (think micro-transaction to cover your costs... guys will pay and understand why they have to pay for this)
    - More inventive defense would be ideal with actual positions instead of the same base positions and defensive sets we have had for the past four years. For example, will, mike or strong backers.
    - Being able to schedule "neutral site" games between two users like the 2012 Alabama/Michigan game @New Cowboys Stadium
    - Inside & outside technique for corners and the ability to assign them individually.
    - Pancake blocks for users. Rarely user linemen are selected to the AA teams or offseason awards
    - Mass subs during USER vs. USER games needs to be added.
    - Challenge system needs to be reworked and added to User v User games in OD's.
    - Online Dynasty to Dynasty Wire link needs to be debugged in a few instances where people download a copy of the online franchise and the try to host it again. It breaks everything.. uploading videos, ability to write articles.. etc.
    - Make special teams matter more... punts returning especially. Errant snaps, blocked punts etc...
    - Signing Day presentation
    - Under Armor High School Game
    - Medical redshirts
    - Spring game - designate impact players for rating boost.
    - Fade routes need to be added.

• Like Like x 8
  4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Nice list Ryno. I'll work off that a bit.

Recruiting and Dynasty

-Like you, I'd like to see recruiting be more of a mystery. I would propose two top 150 lists, with different rankings. Maybe and ESPN and a Russell Athletic rating.

-Player ratings should have to be scouted, with only combine results available.

-Agree with your All American game. Somehow make this playable for all users.

-There should be a "current performance" pitch, and it should matter A LOT to some recruits. Take a look at South Carolina this year. With a 3* prestige rating, its impossible to lure any 5* recruits. Yet these guys have pulled in Lattimore and Clwoney in CONSECUTIVE years. There is no way this would be feasible in NCAA. If you're a historically mediocre team having a monster year, you should have a shot at some of the higher end guys.

-Speaking of prestige, I say you throw that out completely. It doesn't bring anything to the table as far as I'm concerned. Instead, some pitches should matter a LOT more than others to recruits. With Clowney, it was clear he wanted to stay close to home. In NCAA, you'd have a pitch of maybe 90 instead of a 60 had he not been interested in location. I would argue there needs to be a SIGNIFICANTLY greater differential between pitches. In Clowney's case, prestige clearly didn't matter much. Make that pitch worth 10 points, whereas Location would be upwards of 200 points.

-With the removal of prestige, there needs to be much more of an emphasis on the program tradition pitch. As long as this carries more weight AND player interest is gauged on these pitches, it would balance out recruiting a lot. This would mean since S.C. pitch of A+ location and Clowney's emphasis on location would make them a top 5 contender in the pre-season. With the way NCAA is now, there is no way a 3* prestige school would ever be able to compete for a player of that caliber.

-Wide receiver prospects seem to be lacking in speed and overall talent. I see much too many 3* guys with A speed and C acc. That is flat out unrealistic. You don't see this with CB prospects, whose speed and acc seem to be more balanced. Not to say there shouldnt be B- speed guys with A acc, or A speed guys with B acc. But the logic needs to be tuned.

-Athletes are still not truly "athletes"

-OLB players in the 3-4 scheme are few and far between. An easy solution to this is to make quicker DE prospects coverage ratings higher (they are all D- now). Notre Dame signed several DE and will more likely than not convert them to OLBs. Again, not feasible in NCAA.

-Overall needs to be more sleeper 3 and 4 star guys. This has gotten significantly better, but it needs to continue to be the case. There should also be 3* players with exceptionally high potential ratings and 5* players who will plateau early. As it stands now, the potential seems to favoring the 5* guys more so than it should. Matt Ryan and Bradford were 3* recruits.

-Add the ability for stadium and practice facility renovation/upgrades based on performance.

-Add coordinators and a coaching carousels.

-With coordinators, they need to flush out coach ratings and tendencies. The OVR and growth of your player should DIRECTLY be effected by the scheme in which they play. This will make recruiting a bit more of a challenge, as you'll have to pass on guys that won't flourish in your system and dig deeper for those who will. Can't stress this enough, probably the most important addition that needs to come.

-To go off of the above point, CPU coaches need to have specific schemes they intelligently recruit for as well. Don't want to see GA Tech recruiting more pocket passers.

-In summary, throw out team prestige and make pitches significantly more important. Player personalities should play more of a role. If you've got a 5* player in NC who has his highest pitch be proximity, UNC, NC State, and even potentially Wake Forest should all be immediately in the mix. This will allow major programs that arent traditional powerhouses to compete for higher rated players.

Few Gameplay Suggestions

-Make the wheel route effective. These are just pick city these days, as it seems even if you precision pass the ball to the outside shoulder it is still under thrown inside for an easy pick.

-Make play action effective. LB awareness and tendencies (how many times and how successfully you've been running the ball) determine how much the backers and safeties bite.

-Agree with short, medium, and deep throw acc ratings. Also, throw on the run.

-3-4 blocking schemes need to be adjusted. We all know we haven't seen this work. The D-Line should act as space eaters to open up space for the outside backers.

Thats it for now, though I do have more. Let me know what you guys think. As much fun as I have playing this game, I see so much more potential there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

-In NCAA 2005 and 2006 for PS2, the user info for online games used to be tracked and you could scout your opponent. It showed which teams they played as and against, how often they ran with the QB, their run/pass percentage, option percentage, and playaction percentage. On defense, they measured blitz percentage and other things. They could add man / zone defense and number of times opponent dropped d linemen into pass coverage. Incorporate these stats into online dynasty.

-Continue to make offensive line play and defensive line play more realistic. Great strides were made with NCAA '11 in this category, but things could still be improved. User defensive linemen are pancaked too often.

-More accumulated stats in online dynasty. I want to be able to see offensive and defensive stats from past seasons.

-Add a defensive audible that allows you to match your best coverage people to their best receivers in man coverage. Currently, there's no way to match up your good DBs on a good receiver, if your opponent switches around receiver position in formation subs.

-Add more songs from the bands.

-Show where players got drafted each year in the offseason.

-Allow coaches in online dynasty to be able to focus practice on team and individual goals. For example, as a team, make the coach select a few plays / formations to work on in practice for the week. Have it result in increased awareness for the players in that specific play/formation. Also, have players / positions go through certain individual drills to increase their abilities during the season.

-Ability to have defensive players go to strong / weak side and field / boundary.

-Reduce the ability of linebackers and defensive linemen to jump 4' in the air and knock down / intercept balls.

6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

More arc on the QB passes.
    Fade routes.
    Strongside/Weakside designations.
    Custom Packages on Offense/Defense.
    Better recruiting logic.
    Blocking interactions with less suction / Defensive lineman can move horizontally instead of getting off of their blocks all upfield.
    3-4 doesn't kill option offenses.
    Running the ball out of shotgun is more effective against defenses with nobody blitzting.
    Players actually fit into their positions/fit into positions you switch them into better. A 5 star WR is probably capable of corner. A 5 star SS shouldn't have C+/B- speed.
    Ability to shuffle full playbook in practice mode.
    More realistic reactions to QB scrambling.
    Late pitches to be A LOT more risky.
    ALL of the old and new pro combats.
    The ability to save default uniform combos in your dynasty (ex, as USF I might want white socks/white shoes/white helmet every game, but I have to set that manually)

7. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Have different settings for user/user games and user/CPU games. For example: heisman difficulty for user/CPU games but AA difficulty for user/user. 6 minute qtrs for user/CPU but 7 minute qtrs for user/user games.

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Big supporter of the medical redshirt

9. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

@I Peench you finally made the list lol

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Some good comments guys, bumping to try and get a few more for the article

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Medical redshirt.

Make guys who fit the style you choose more attractive to your school and in turn possibly ups the recruit. For example, I don't think a pocket style QB should want to go to GT because they run fleXbox One. Likewise, a speedy QB should shy away from a west coast air raid type offense.

This should affect all recruits...from speedy backs/power backs

possession type WR's/speedy WR's

Still think they need to tinker with that Oregon type offense...

12. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

- Ability to sim individual games in the dynasty while staying in the same week, instead of just simming the entire week
    - Give us combine numbers (40s, bench, vert, etc.) and have us scout the recruits to find their ratings (this could lead to having a "coaching staff" feature in future games, where you would have to hire recruitiers, O/D Coordinators, etc. Something similar to NBA2K's coaching system)
    - Being able to assign certain secondary/linebackers on individual receivers/TEs, and being able to tell your DBs to play to the inside/outside of the receiver
    - Letting user coaches vote in the coaches poll is a GREAT idea, adds way more fun to the league, even though it shouldn't be mandatory (we all know some guys won't do it)
    - Being able to send certain groups to individual training sessions during offseason training (QBs work on throw power or acc, send Gs to work on run blocking, Ts to pass block, etc.)
    - Madden's QB ratings (short, med, deep acc., play action, throw on the run, etc.)
    - Mass subs and challenges need to be added to user games
    - Special teams PLAYS (setting up walls on KRs, reverses, overloading sides of the line to try and block kicks, etc.) special teams needs to have an impact on the game
    - A decent amount of top 150 recruits should wait until signing day to make their decisions, and a nice presentation/signing day showcase would be nice, where you find out where the top talent decides to go. You could even add the UA High School game where recruits announce their decisions between quarters and such.
    - They need to bring back the spring game and letting you choose your Impact Players
    - Being able to find out a recruit's potential
    - Recruiting violations (have a limit to the amount of time you can spend per week/recruit, and you have the ability to put as much time you want into the kid, but if you get caught spending too much time/bribing/doing illegal things you pay the penalties
    - Have DBs cover guys that come into their zones (I've had enough of cover 2 where a guy is sitting there on defense while the receiver runs by him, at least give him a bump or cover him while he goes through your zone)
    - I'm DYING to have some sort of pass interference system. Have an "aggressive" and "safe" button for going for the INT/deflection. Some sort of physics model similar to FIFA 11 would be awesome for DBs/WRs interacting

13. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I would love a mode where you start as a Coordinator. Either Offensive or Defensive and then work your way up the coaching ladder. You only make calls for your side of the ball as your team improves or as your offense or defense does well you get offers from schools to take over as Head Coach.
    In recruiting I would like their attributes to be unlocked as you recruited them. In NCAA 2k9 CH you had recruiting points that you used week in and week out. One of the options was to watch a certain players recruiting tape which would only open 2-3 attributes or you could go see a kid play in person and it would open all of his attributes but it cost more points to do this.
    I like the idea of offseason workouts to improve players maybe give each team 3-4 guys to focus on for big boosts.

14. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Take out the stupid sportsmanship thing.

15. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

-fix the damn fleXbox One.

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Dreads!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Wick36

Hair would be great.

The ability to have team colored socks or leggings (+socks) would be nice as well.
    [​IMG]

18. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

1 - Fluidness - the game is still littered with suction blocking and trapped animations. Same on option pitches, if I hit the pitch button the QB should pitch it. If it causes a fumble that's my fault. There shouldn't be any times where the game decides I shouldn't pitch it or doesn't allow me to pitch it. Also, speed up the offensive running play animations.

2 - Special Moves - Please add a hop step and make the juke/spin moves matter more. In their current state the guy just hops but doesn't really change his position on the field, instead the defender just seems to fall down or run past him. A juke move should give you a big cut and change of direction, similar with a spin move. The hop step is something that really should be added, it's what makes backs like LT and Mark Ingram so dangerous. They get the ball playside, see nothings there, then hop step to the back side and hit the hole. Also, make these more responsive. How many times have you had a ball carrier in the open field with one guy to beat in a user game and you go to juke the guy but the user defender hit sticks the shit out of you because your ball carrier got suctioned into the hit stick rather than juking and bouncing off the guy or making him miss?

3 - Defensive Alignment - this is a must. If I call 4-3 zone and the offense comes out in I-tight, my CB on the side w/o the flanker shouldn't stay 10 yards wide of the end man on the LOS. He should move in to actually provide defensive help. Also, as noted earlier, DBs and LB's should understand coverages. In a cover 2, a DB shouldn't give a WR an outside release. LBs in hook zones shouldn't drop deeper than the hook zones, they should stay even with their man.

4 - Defensive playbooks - Can we get 120 ways to win on defense? Or at least more than 5?

5 - CPU recruiting logic - Can we please see the cpu fill out their roster realistically? I'm tired of seeing the cpu sign 8 DTs in one class because they needed 1 of them.

6 - In play fatigue - DT's shouldn't be able to run at full speed for an entire play while chasing a ball carrier at a perfect angle.

7 - They need to address the speed of the game versus the game clock. It's absolutely ridiculous to have guys be able to go the length of the field in less than 30 seconds w/o using a timeout at the end of a half or game.

8 - No huddle offense - the cpu is extremely cheesey with this. Slow them down a smidge. Also, they need to stay in the formations they originally called. They shouldn't run no huddle out of the wildcat and have the RB at QB on the next play from under center.

As for the playcalling, I think they should modify it so you can only see one play at a time. This would slow things down a bit if you wanted to make a more complex playcall. It's way to easy currently to go from a zone read on one play to a play action jet sweep call on the next or a sophisticated passing play. Most schools like Oregon, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and Houston that run extremely high speed no huddle attacks do so because they run a base play out of the no huddle like the zone read or shallow series and audible out of it if they don't want to go at warp speed.

9 - Coordinators

10 - Scouting reports of opponents - plays most frequently ran, playbooks, etc.

11 - Updated commentary. Currently the commentary is old analogies. How about Kirk and Brad say something specific to a player or game for once.

12 - Pregame commentary for user games where Lee and Kirk pick winners and identify keys to the game or critical matchups. Moreso than the generic crap they've had in there the past 6 years.

19. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    The spring game and offseason training is something that would be really good to have to complete the offseason.

A somewhat minor thing that annoys me is the inability to view your current roster on the console during the offseason and while it does not seem to affect anything I'd also like to be able update my coaching strategy.

Better ability to put touch on passes so you can put the ball in between the LBs and safeties.

Custom hot routes. I cannot remember whether it was Madden or NCAA but in previous gen you could select which 3 or 4 routes you could have for your hot routes.

20. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

After playing a game 6 really big improvements came to mind:

1 - Fix the cpu playcalling AI. The CPU shouldn't be lining up in the 4-3 against a spread team. And on offense, the CPU shouldn't run 4 screens or draw plays in a row.

2 - Tone down the aggressiveness of the safeties and CBs in run defense and increase the ability for WR's to block downfield. Never should you see an outside CB intercepting an option pitch against a spread team when the pitch takes place behind the LOS. Also, give WR's the ability to block these guys. And as my second point on this, a safety in a two high look shouldn't be able to tackle the QB in the backfield on a zone read. There's no way he should commit to the run that quickly.

3 - More realistic trajectories for passes. Considering even a bullet pass beyond 20 yards needs to get probably 15 feet in the air, LB's and DT's shouldn't be able to bat these down. Also, the ball should be in the air longer so safeties and DBs have a greater opportunity to react.

4 - A bigger window to hit stick a WR just as they catch the ball over the middle against a zone. If a guy runs a slant route against cover 3 with a robber safety sitting there, the guy should get decleated.

5 - building off 4, I think they need to bring back the extraordinary things that used to be in the game. Remember when you could light a guy up and his helmet would pop off? I'd like to see that again. And big hits should be a bigger part of the game, like the crowd should go nuts, the screen should shake or something.

6 - Develop story lines for players more - this is another big one. All other games get played because their characters have story lines like Halo. Players on your team need to have more connection with the player. I want to know how a guys doing when he's injured, is he getting close to coming back? Make a bigger deal out of these things. I remember in Tecmo Bowl when your star HB would come back from injury they'd show him running from the hospital to the stadium. Granted it's a bit cheesy, but that was awesome to know your star guy was coming back to the lineup. In this game there's nothing that even mentions it. It's crazy.

21. Wick36

Fix the user bowl game glitch.

22. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Thanks for more stuff guys I will be putting together an article and posting this within the next few days.

23. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

O gosh I have been wanting better logic for player numbers for about five years..the logic now seems to number players like their in the NFL...I hope u told them that

24. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Make USER BOWLS in BOWL season work

• Like Like x 1
  25. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

My biggest thing would be the option to adjust conferences mid dynasty to reflect conference realignment.