NCAA 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BDSDIGITAL, Feb 3, 2011.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Ok.

I think we can all agree that our biggest issue is the lack of cpu challenges.

What can we do to fix this?

I think these are the biggest things we can do to fix it.

a. consolidate into 2 or 3 max conferences. All conferences that offer a championship game. Big 10, SEC, ACC, Pac 10? maybe.

b. Rigid Recruiting restrictions. I think we should definitely move to major recruiting restrictions. 2 or 3 [​IMG] 10 or so [​IMG]and anything over that fill with [​IMG]or less.

c. No swaying back any early draft entrant. Only swaying back transfers.

I think those 3 things right there would allow the cpu to really have the recruiting upper hand in most cases since we won't be able to go nation wide for recruits effectively allowing the cpu controlled power houses to gain more elite players. We would end up fighting each other for those 5 and 4 star guys in our regions since we'll all basically be sharing 2 regions (south and midwest) and it would keep our teams from being able to have 4 rb's rated over 90 (assuming some would leave) having 2 99 ovr QB's etc...it would force you to build depth which with limited blue chips available would make it necessary to scout the 3 star guys better, cause guess what: at some point they very well may have to play.

I think this is the answer to the problem. Not sliders....it's this.

discuss.

2. BDSDIGITAL

we could also consider a program to only allow the 5 star guys to be recruited from your pipeline states....just something to ratchet up the tension in recruiting a little bit.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Would anyone be interested in implementing the recruiting restrictions and players leaving early rule next season to give it a trial run? I think it might be a good idea.

4. BDSDIGITAL

i would be interested in implementing all of these effective immediately.

5. Bondzai

I'm good with that.

6. Bondzai

Here's an idea that I'll just throw out there....

In the Deuce we recently did a realignment to kind of keep up the mojo and I think it has worked well. We used to be Big 12/SEC/ACC, but we decided to go with 2 conferences to kind of heat up the rivalries for games and recruiting. All of the Big 12 users moved to the SEC and ACC and I think it has really rejuvenated the league.

Now that's a major overhaul and I don't know if it's something we want to do, but we could realign down to 3 conferences for next season. Also that would help with the CPU because the teams we leave would be very good CPU rosters.

Feel free to trash this idea, just throwing stuff on the wall and seeing what sticks.

7. BDSDIGITAL

you mean moving to other teams in our conferences now and taking on the teams we've built?

Fascinating....

8. Bondzai

Not everyone would need to move if they didn't want. But just getting everyone into 3 conferences like Perry was talking about doing for '12. For instance if we decided to go with SEC/Big 12/Pac 10, the Big 10 and Big East users would pick teams from those 3 conferences and the teams that were already there can stay.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

In Legacy we do have recruiting restrictions in place, though not as strict as Brian's proposed rules or even C2C's rules in last year's game. We are limited to 4 :5stars: (same as C2C for 10) but there is no restriction to :4stars: recruits. The rules Brian set up should make things more challenging. As for the conference alignment, I plan to go with a 3 conference approach next year in Trifecta. I also like the idea someone brought up in chat last night (think it was Dru) about each team playing 1 out of conference match against each conference. Like he said this would lead to an unbalanced schedule for some but it should balance out in the long run. It will also remove some of the stress of doing schedules and leave Pac 10 teams with at least 1 non-conference game.

I know we are a long way from picking teams next year but I'd be willing to leave Florida and go to Pac 10 if we use that conference. I have played all my games with East or Midwest team so looking for a change of scenery.

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Yea we can implement the restrictions this season, next season, or whichever. Fine by me. Although it may be too little too late at this point.

I like the discussion about next year, but we dont know what recruiting is going to be like. Remember how much recruiting changed from 2010 to 2011? Huge difference.
    It may pretty much stay the same, but maybe we should hold off setting up recruiting restrictions etc until we know how it works.

As far as teams/conferences go. I wouldnt want to go any more than 3 conferences. Maybe just 2 two conferences. It would make conference games really meaningful and keep recruiting localized to 2 or 3 regions, leaving the other regions free for CPU teams.

11. BDSDIGITAL

It was alot different, but we also figured it out and now can recruit who we want when we want without a ton of cpu resistance. Regardless how they have it set up next year I think we should work on the assumption it will be different, but we'll have it figured out sooner than later whatever it is.

12. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I like the idea of only 2 or 3 conferences and recruiting restrictions. Would we just realign conferences to bring in say a Notre Dame or Ohio State or would we need to pick teams in those existing conferences? Three 5 stars would leave some for the less equal user teams and some for the cpu but I'd side on the no limit on 4 star recruits.

13. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I agree with max on te recruiting restrictions for next year. We can do them now but re-evaluate them next years game

14. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Fuck NOTRE LAME! And to quote dru, that is all

15. Juggernautblitz

16. Bondzai

You can't move teams, so some people would have to pick new ones.

17. Juggernautblitz

Please bare in mind, I am not trying to be an asshole, just trying to have a friendly debate to make the league more fun to play. I am not mad about this, not even 1%, just think a good debate is healthy.
    To address what Max said about how things are going as the league description says and how it has nothing to do with sliders and everything to do with the talent disparity. Are you telling me that you don't think you could jump on right now and destroy the cpu 45 - 10 (?) in season 1 of a dynasty on default AA, taking say your Texas versus a very talented Oklahoma squad? I believe whole heartedly you could. I'm not saying its all sliders but to say it isn't the sliders at all and it's mostly all the talent differential is way off in my opinion. We went from winning by 10 - 20 points versus good CPU teams with the old sliders (only 2 seasons ago) to winning by 50 - 60 with the sliders off. There is no way that is all recruiting. And no, I don't think blanking the computer 500 - 0 for an entire season is what the framers of the league intended.
    I'm cool with whatever but I do think a few tweaks (nothing drastic), along with recruiting restrictions and league re-alignment, would help keep things more realistic.

18. Bondzai

You also have to keep in mind the talent difference with the users. Max would kill Oklahoma on default sliders. I would probably get beat half the time.

19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I lost a game to Texas A&M in this dynasty when they had good players from the original roster and they went on a Rivalry game tear. I dont think it was the sliders. It was just the fact that they still had good players and the rivalry game factor kicked in and I couldnt do anything. I also had a close game against Baylor when they still had RGIII.
    Also, we have learned how to play the game and EA has patched/changed the game since the first couple of seasons

A a framer of the league, I can say this is pretty much what I had envisioned. (almost[​IMG])Everyone in the top 10 duking it out for conference Conference Championships, BCS bowls, and NCs with badass teams. If we are resigned to the fact that the CPU cant compete without making the game terrible, then we might as well have elite squads, have fun building them, and battle it out with each other. It makes user games important even though we arent in the same conferences because everyone has a good shot at the BCS.

We could limit recruiting etc, but that still wont help the CPU playcalling which is by far the biggest problem with keeping the cpu competitive. All the talent in the world wont help the computer if they come out in a 4-3 vs 5-wide, or bring the house vs 4wide etc.

If we want competitive games against the CPU then we should have taken bottom feeders or crappy mid-majors. We took powerhouse schools and are controlling them as such.
    We know you dont have to try lol

20. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

With this being said, I think we could all stand to exercise some restraint vs. the CPU

I feel like getting SIM stats etc. is more up to the user than the CPU. If you really want a close game, make it a close game. If you want realistic rushing/passing stats, dont run up stats. All we can do from our end is either make it impossible to put up big numbers, and in turn ruin the gameplay... or make the game fun to play and take a little more responsibility for the realism.

until they fix playcalling, recruiting, and sliders I think this is the point we will keep coming to. I wish they'd make Heisman competitive without "robo qb". But you guys have to realize that pretty much every NCAA(even D-3) QB is good. Good enough to complete 80% of their passes any given Saturday and be 100% on any given drive. Even shitty team's QBs will complete a string of passes vs the big boys.
    I guess I always have that in my head, and that is why "robo qb" doesnt bother so much. I do see how it would piss people off though.

21. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

My $0.02:

I agree with the idea of recruiting restrictions on :5stars: but I think :4stars: should be fair game. Some of the recruiting classes we have brought in, myself included, not in this league but in T3, is crazy. National Signing day was yesterday only 2 schools in the top 10 rankings of recruiting classes brought in more than 2 :5stars:. LSU had 3 :5stars: and Clemson had 4 :5stars: according to the ranking on rivals.com
    1.) Alabama - 2 :5stars: / 14 :4stars:
    2.) FSU - 2 :5stars: / 13 :4stars:
    3.) TEX - 1 :5stars: / 15 :4stars:
    4.) USC - 1 :5stars: / 14 :4stars:
    5.) Georgia - 2 :5stars: / 11 :4stars:

For us as users to be bringing in 5 or more :5stars: is not sim. However, they are bringing in a ton of :4stars: so if we are to restrict :4stars: it should be a high number like 12-15.

As far as dropping down to 2 or 3 conferences I'm cool with that but think they should be conferences with a championship game. Remember next year the Pac 10/12 will have one and the Big 12/9 will not. If I'm right there will only be 4 "power" conferences with championship games next year: SEC, ACC, BIG 10/12, PAC 10/12. I don't really 100% believe that this will help the CPU recruit better because everyone is going to cultivate CA, TX, and FL as pipeline states anyway. I'm Oregon right now and I'm pulling kids from CA, TX, & LA as my pipeline states. My own state of Oregon is not one of my pipeline states. I believe the restricitons will help more than reducing conferences.

When it is all said and done we are all very good players and by season 3 or 4 no matter what restrictions we have or how many conferences we are in we should all dominate the CPU. I know I will. The cpu actions are built on some crazy logic by a computer geek, no offensive to the computer geeks in here, that sit in a room with no windows drinking red bull all day. It will never factor in "situation" logic like don't run FB dive on 3rd and 9 as humans do.

I am down for whatever just my thoughts.

22. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

So maybe next year we think about leaving the best teams in the conference CPU teams. Florida, Bama, maybe Auburn too? USC, Oregon, Ohio State, and (whoever the the other best team is in the division opposite tOSU) as CPU teams. That'd give the CPU leg-up recruiting and talent wise.

Assuming we use those conferences... we can always adjust depending on which conferences we decide on.

23. BDSDIGITAL

i think those are all solid ideas. Really anything to keep the cpu as competitive as possible for as long as possible is what we're looking for and from everything everyone has written we should do what we can to give the cpu an advantage from the start and handicap ourselves. We just need to figure the extent.

24. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I really like this idea.

How about a rule that you can't recruit multiple :5stars: at the QB/HB position in the same year? I mean in real life would 2 of the top 4 QB's or HB's go to the same school in one year?

25. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

im all for limiting the # of :5stars: but only being able to sign a 5star from a pipeline state just doesnt seem right to me. I get the idea, but kids go all over the place to play ball with seemingly no rhyme or reason (unless you believe that HS kids have agents [​IMG])

What if everyone could recruit 1 :5stars:.

If you win your conf, you get an extra :5stars:

if you win a BCS bowl or NC you get an extra :5stars:

This would keep the # of :5stars: recruited by users low, prevent stockpiling of :5stars: any given year, and make user games/conference championships/user BCS games more meaningful

I like that idea