NCAA 13 Community Event #1: Transfer Fail Errors Explained and Addressed

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Jmustang1968, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Just FYI, they released the server side fix today. So people affected by this particular transfer failed error should be good to go.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

How do we know if we're effected by this bug?

4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Are transfer fails at all related to issues with the game logging you out as you exit? Its primarily after taking a screenshot, somehow you get logged out and are unable to log back in. Therefore your results are not uploaded. I think this happens exclusively in H2H games, but I could be wrong.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Can you give a little more detail and I'll ask.

6. PAgamer07

Shaun,

I really don't know how to explain it. What happens is that sometimes when you exit the game to upload results/highlights, etc you lose connection with EA servers. You are given the option to reconnect or abandon the result. Neither option works, and most times you have to exit to dashboard. I've had this happen maybe a half dozen times. Not nearly as frequent as transfer failed. I wish I had a video and if I can replicate it I will.

It does seem to happen when you take a screenshot, and it tries to upload it. Videos dont seem to make it happen as often (if at all).

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    If you can replicate, please pass it along.

8. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I have this happen to me as well. When I save highlights, a lot of the times when I exit, I'll get window that gives me the option of logging back in or abandoning the game result. One does not simply log back in at that screen.

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Still lookin' for an answer because that article didn't give specifics on who is effected by that 'long name' bug. Whats "long" to EA - 2 letters? 3 letters? 5 letters?

Bravo on the vocabulary but that article still left most of us at square 1. Square 1 = We thought it was us but turns out it was you...

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The transfer fail that is talking about was a dynasty killer bug.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Also, I'm not being evasive. The number of characters floats due to the ID.

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It's dynamic because the dynasty ID can be any number. So 100010 or 50030230. It's a combination of both. Isn't there a gamertag character limit? I would imagine that it would have to be real close to the maximum.

By the way, we learned today that just because this bug hasn't affected your dynasty already, doesn't mean that it won't. This patch was deployed to resolve the issue in hopes of keeping it from affecting more dynasties.

Also btw, EA can't give out specific information regarding stuff like that. From talking with developers, they are under a lot of restrictions on what they can talk about with regards to internal workings. Proprietary, competitive advantage, etc, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  13. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

This killed two ODs for me, which basically killed NCAA 12. Online dynasty is my favorite mode in any sports game, so if this is fixed I'll be very happy.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Just happened in game in the The E against a user GT: thefans455. I won 33 - 33 and got to the refreshing coaching contract screen and got the "you have been disconnected from EA servers" message. Game just completed at 10:45pm. i saved four highlights and one photo after the game.

15. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I was having problem just a few days before this got fixed. And I am so happy this was fixed as online dynasty would have been tough to bear without being able to recruit/practice/redshirt/depth chart.

On a side note, to test if I would get transfer failed in a game, I sumersimmed a game vs. CMU and won 50-21. Then we threw it out and I played and won 70-24, and when we advanced today it said I won 260-256. Not sure how in the hell the dynasty came up this that lol

16. PAgamer07

I dont want to jinx myself, but we had TONS of transfer failed errors and have had to rehost the file at least 5 times. The error you mention is now more common than transfer failed for me.

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    If you guys are getting transfer failed errors within this week it's due to server issues. So it's simply dropping your connection most likely.

I would imagine once they get back up to capacity that it will smooth out.

18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Bit off topic here .... Are the guys at EA aware of some recruiting / pipeline issue with Utah ? I am a bit rusty on the details , maybe Cheez or gowazzucougs can confirm for me if this thing still exists , been a while since I played by I think Utah is stuck without state of Utah as a pipeline if I recall.

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah, I think Utah doesn't even have Utah as a recruiting pipeline. Or Texas... (even though they have the requisite number of players from Texas).

To some extent this fixes itself as the dynasty goes along but I don't think they ever get the home state pipeline.

MaxATX34 can certainly confirm the exact details.

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It was in my notes.

• Like Like x 1
  21. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Just got disconnected after exiting the highlights screen and going to exit game. It 4:10pm est and just beat JCSpartan 27-21.

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

That issue can be helped if the other person does not leave the game until you have your highlights all saved. (I'm not sure it totally fixes the problem...) If they lose and imnmediately leave out, then it's really rare to be able to upload more than one highlight... I'm not sure why.

• Like Like x 1