Information NCAA 13 - Demo Issues

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Shaun Mason, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Guys,

If you have any issues with NCAA 13, please provide detail. If you can replicate the issue, even better.

Shaun

2. jmiller937

jmiller937 Walk On

I noticed that the commentary sometimes wouldn't match up with what's going on. Like Kirk saying I threw into coverage but there wasn't a defender within 10 yards of my receiver. Also Reece said on his update that a game was dead locked at 35 but it was 28 to 28.

3. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

While in Nickle and Dime, when you choose "4 DEs" in the sub packages it puts 11 offensive players on the field (or at least it did for me in LSU vs. Bama). The player numbers on the play call screen will be normal but when you return to the field it's all offensive players on defense.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jmiller937

jmiller937 Walk On

I noticed the commentary was off. Saying things like "he threw into tight coverage" but there wasn't a defender within 10 yards of me. Also Rece Davis' studio update, he said a game was dead locked at 28 when it was really tied at 35. He also said in an update that Stanford blew out their opponent and proved themselves in the polls but they only won by 7.

5. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

I can confirm this. Tried it after reading this post with the Oregon/USC game. The four down linemen are QB's. USC got a nice run on me cause I couldn't tackle; lol!

6. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Only thing I noticed last night was after playing the Oregon-USC game to completion, I then loaded up the Bama-LSU game. Once I got to the play call screen I had the Oregon playbook showing up for Alabama. This happened every time I completed the first game and did not exit the demo before playing the second game.

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I tried the Heisman mode (since I know I won't play it on the actual game) and found either a horrible bug (which is so bad I can't imagine it would go live) or a really, really dumb design decision. I tried RG3 on Oregon and KSU and ran the no huddle and every single time I ran the no huddle the 1 play I'm given is the same exact play that I just ran. This is even if I run it 3 or 4 times in a row. I have to use up one of my 15 chances to see 2 more plays.

I don't know if this is just a bug and that the single play is supposed to change when I run no huddle or if it's some kind of design decision where they figured since I'm not the coach (like in normal games) but instead just a college kid I'm not capable of picking a new play, but I'm not really picking a play anyway since I'm only given 1 choice unless I use up a limited # of views at 2 more plays. Regardless of which it is, I can't imagine it'd go live like this as it's extremely retarded to have to run the same play over and over again when you run the no huddle (which of course their poster child RG3 ran at Baylor so you'd think they would've accounted for running no huddle).

8. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Ran into this in the demo and also in NCAA 12. Sometimes the WR is supposed to run a hitch and just runs a go route!?

Specifically, i was running no huddle with Oregon in the demo and was in the trips formation with 3 WR on one side and the TE on the other. Not sure what the play is called, but the outside WR is supposed to run an 8 yd hitch, middle guy goes deep abd inside guy runs a slant or a drag.... snap the ball, man coverage, waiting fir the hitch to break to see if he creates space and i can rifle it in but he just keeps going with another guy running the same route right next to him.

The same thing happens in 12 now, ill play the demo again tonight and try that play a few times to see if i can make it happen again.

9. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

I have seen two plays challenged by CPU or just reviewed by booth that were called incomplete on the field then over turned by booth that were CLEARLY out of bounds and no catch.

10. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I accidentally called an onside kick. When I audible out of it the return team stayed put, allowing me to squib it to a corner and almost recover it. Not sure if that is the strategy they wanted to go with or not.

11. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I had the same issue Shaun Mason

12. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Still issues with DBs just standing there on the option.

13. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

It may be just me, but the catch and swat buttons feels unresponsive at times. I don't know if it's intentional, but now when you press the Y or LB button there's no animation. Is catching and defending timing based this year? I've missed so many passes, and also have given up so many TDs JUST because when I press Y or LB, nothing happened.

14. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

I saw RG3 arm go backwards and complete a bomb it looked glitchy

15. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I wonder if this is a product of the low difficulty level? By the way, did EA address whether or not they fixed the "transfer failed" problems during their E3 showing?

16. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

i still see the ask coach option still loves 4 verticals.. LOL..

yeah yeah, dont use it etc, i just like to use it at times to get some plays and even games in quickly when short on time. i just cant figure out why they always have this play in top 3. 3rd and 2, 4 verticals. LOL

17. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Shouldn't matter about the difficulty. The DB should never just stand there like they have cemented to the ground. I even saw a play were both the CB and OLB just stood there as I ran by them, they didnt even move a muscle.

18. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Onside kicks:
    • CPU kicks
    • Illegal procedure penalty called (kicking team touches too early)
    The penalty is supposed to spot the ball at the point of infraction. However, the game spots the ball at the recovering teams' 40, as if the ball had been kicked out of bounds on a normal kickoff (also illegal procedure).

19. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

We need some new plays... These plays have been in these games for about 10 years now lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I love the ask coach option now that it gives you a few pages of choices. Before it gave you 1 play and was dumb. I use it a lot, that or play selection by type rather than by formation

21. Westlake_88

Westlake_88 Walk On

I downloaded the demo but I can't get past the loading screen.

• Like Like x 1
  22. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I played a buddy and the home and visiting teams always had the same playbook regardless of what combinations we played. I'm guessing it is related to what uagrad90 found.

23. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

The sky changes at USC in the Heisman mode but does not change at USC during the dynasty part of the demo, at least not in two player games.

24. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I had the ball with 3 seconds left to end the half and the defense jumped offsides. I accepted the penalty but the half still ended. I should have had another play since the half or the game cannot end on a defensive penalty.

25. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

I noticed this on my friend's 360 last night:

Players skate when viewing the instant replays. Often times their legs would lock mid-stride and skate for 10-20 yards at a time.