NCAA 13 discussion

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Wyrmreaver, May 4, 2012.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Alright guys. Lets start hashing out our league plan for the next release.

1. Is everyone here now intending to be here for 13? I know interest on tso will blow up early on so filling out the league shouldnt be a problem. I think our group now is a solid core to build around and rumor is the max number of users in a single OD is going to increase.

2. Im not going to be a content nazi as '12 winds down, but for '13 more content will be expected. Any ideas about how we do that are welcome.

3. Team selection: I've heard hokie say he wants the CC idea again, Ryan said he likes to start from nothing, and Jes said he'd like to be able to choose a better team. I'm kind of open to both ideas and assume we can come up with a compromise. In any case we will have coaching contracts on so guys who take bad teams can "job up" and guys who take good teams could get fired. Im thinking maybe a 3 or 4 star prestige limit so plenty of good BCS conference teams would be available right away. Again thoughts/suggestions are welcome.

4. Difficulty: We'll close out '12 on heisman with a few sliders to keep the cpu from being superhuman all game. In '13, unless people are opposed, we'll start at AA for at least one season and based on results and the overall feeling of the league we'll adjust sliders or difficulty as appropriate.

We are 6 weeks from release and i assume it will take a week, maybe 2 to get the OD started with rosters and everyone getting the game.

Looking forward to hearing everyones ideas for the league next release!

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  2. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

My vote would be to start with a 3 star limit for your team, keep the CC and don't switch to Heisman until everyone is killing the cpu. IF we do start at the bottom with 1 star teams then I would assume it would take longer to switch to Heisman since we would all get killed, except for maybe you Wyrmcheezer. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wyrmreaver

This makes me want to change my handle..... lol

4. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

The thing that kept me in this dynasty while some others I was in fell apart was the CC. Personally, I really like it even though I've only been at one school, lol. But if the main core guys here all start together in '13, we could theoretically go until "2025" or something in '13, and actually have enough time for the lesser players like myself to get enough wins to get the big jobs. I think I finally got my coach prestige up to a B and its my 4th season now, but yea, I'm all for starting small with the CC, whether its 2 or 3 star limit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

After Monday we will definitely have an even better idea of how OD will be this year and this discussion will likely get fun. Also I think every dynasty should start on default AA until the users start plastering the CPU

6. Wyrmreaver

Agreed. Plus the game changes with the tuning updates that inevitably happen in the first couple months

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I will be dropping, I am dedicated to only 2 dynasties, and those are the two I will be in when '13 drops. Thanks for letting me join.

8. Wyrmreaver

Thanks for the heads up. You gonna finish out '12 with us though, right?

9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Yes sir

• Like Like x 1
  10. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Also, rosters may be out a lot quicker this year, as I assume most roster makers have purchased the season pass and will have game access three days early, so that will help

11. Wyrmreaver

Baron
    Hokie Effect
    RyanC
    papaloke
    Selvy9
    Abominatrix

Alright, so including me it looks like we have 7 guys in this thing when NCAA 13 releases, if that's not you let me know. Also, hopefully IXI DECAY IXI will be back and put us at 8.

The new dynasty info essentially was that coaching carousel will stay the same and ODs are still a 12 man limit. The other stuff is cool but not entirely relevant at this point.

Here is the tentative league setup for '13

• 3 star school prestige limit for season 1 team selection.
    • True coaches carousel, you can take any job offered as a HC or Coordinator
    • All American gameplay and recruiting at least until we identify any issues
    • With guys in divergent conferences and RL time zones, the goal will be 3+ user games per season with the preference being 4 or 5 if possible
    Let me know if I missed anything or if there are any other specific suggestions. Also, feel free to add any suggestions for added/changed league rules, there will defenitely be some minor adjustments in that area, at a minimum I will include specific position change limits and what the OVR limit is to be considered a walk-on for recruiting/cutting purposes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I wouldn't mind Heisman recruiting to help keep the CPU at a reasonable level of talent. It seems at AA it gets too easy for users to out-recruit teams that they shouldn't be out-recruiting

13. Wyrmreaver

I agree in principle..... I'd kinda like to see the new recruiting in action first though, the early impressions are that the CPU is more competetive in recruiting with the new system. I will be putting it to the test once I get the game in offline dynasties where I sim through a couple seasons and just recruit. Also, it kind of depends on how guys are performing vs the CPU, if everyone is trucking the CPU harder recruiting makes sense to give the CPU better players, if guys are losing lots of games I'm okay with them having a slight edge to help build their team up.

14. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Looks good to me.

15. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

I agree with the league setup, and I'm here for the long haul (for now). I'll know more about my future availability soon, but consider me in for now.

• Like Like x 1