NCAA '13 Gameplay Sizzle Video

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -Cougars-, Apr 17, 2012.

1. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I must say the option running does indeed look 1000x fucking better, looks like I will be running the spread and Air Raid in '13. I can't wait until the game drops.

• Like Like x 2
  2. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

The (2) things that most matter to me are (a) the psychic dbs being gone and if they implemented "read and react" well then it could be epic and (b) the ability for the qb to make different throws that will not initiate crazy swats and jumps by the defenders...the shovel pass was a nice addition too...

3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Indeed. The shovel pass is an incredible feature, and the option looks runnable in this version.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

option is very runable as is.. ask CoachRedd

We shall see if Fuzzy and Ghost stick to it.. and if Redd rejoins us that would be interesting to see how the three option teams fair as opposed to some of the spreads, pro styles, and air raids.

I need to get off work so I can watch this video!

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Option runnable? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA it sucks in this game lol.

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Ghost maybe then could attest? He has had success with Cal I know in the Legacy running it?

Also are you referring to the read option or GA Tech style option?

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Read, triple option is damned easy in this game.

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Like I just said to ghost in the chat box.. I think part of what makes the read harder to run is us playing on Heisman.

Then again, it can't be unstoppable in the game.. defense needs to occasionally play it perfect. I only usually have mine get blown up by the CPU once out of every 4 or 5.

9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

It's like the accel doesn't matter on the QB, it gets blown up 24/7 when I try it, even if it's a user or cpu.

10. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Triple Option is more than runable...its a solid option to build an offense around.

11. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I don't have a problem running the triple I was talking about the read option.

12. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

yea youre right about the read option it basically sucks. it works like every now and then but trust me the option is very much runnable. Im not even that good at it and i went 10-0 in legacy. I was going to make the NC before my last user game got simmed

• Like Like x 1
  13. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Hm, I should try running it in the future lol. It would be a super fun experiment.

14. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I agree the triple option works incredibly well in the game from the I-Form and Shotgun. I can never get the read option to work though so hopefully it is improved. This video was incredible and I'm a run first guy so I like the PA Cancel feature. The "Read and React" feature will cause less frustration and make it a lot more realistic.

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah I usually run the triple option from Shotgun / pistol fine.

So is this PA cancel just handing the pall off to the RB instead of going through with the PA?

16. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

No idea as of yet. But I think that's how it is.

17. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

The HB will then not go for the fake handoff and will block if there's a D-Lineman or lineback breaking free. The QB will just go into a normal dropback

• Like Like x 2