NCAA 13 League Setup - Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Cheez, May 14, 2012.

?

Do you want to use Coaching Carousel?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

God no!!! Turn the contracts on but no CC please!

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I agree with recchem's opinion. However, I like them if no one joins a juggernaut team after two seasons.

4. Cheez

..... mboda :mad:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Even if we have it on I am unlikely to switch teams..... I enjoy building a team, not switching midstream and having to learn/build a new roster all over again.

I agree with Rec though, if the coach prestige isn't fixed we should have the contracts on..... could get dicey if someone gets the ax though

Also, Cheez your tags didn't work

gowazzucougs
    Jayrah
    Kapono
    Bulldog
    Boom29
    MexiRican35
    Dru50

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wyrmreaver

I beat him with Arizona you bunch of whiners.... he has A+ i was B :p

7. Cheez

thank you

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

But your a witch, like Jayrah :D

9. mboda

mboda Walk On

Lol. I was ready to reel off 7 straight national championships on you boys with the team I was putting together lol :D

10. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

If they fix coaching carousel it might be interesting to have it on, if only to create movement in coaches for the CPU and therefore changing styles. I think if you do go with full blown coaching carousel, you almost have to not worry about who is in what conference and make it open season.

If it's still pretty random, like I've read it is in 2012, then I'd say have the contracts on but don't have users move jobs. If someone gets canned, they can leave the OD and return as a new coach, starting from scratch with their existing team.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I am with Dru on this one. CC doesn't mean we have to move teams and in fact I am 100% against moving via the CC feature. If we move for another reason that was approved then that would be ok. But I think we saw again in 12 that without it on, the dynasty gets stagnant against the cpu. The bad teams stay bad and the good teams stay good. It would be really fun to see the coaching changes by the cpu make each team different from time to time. Please... have this on.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cheez

Dru50
    Jayrah

Here's the thing: If we aren't going to move, then what is the purpose of the carousel? I am in agreement that coaching contracts need to be on, and in the event that a coach is fired they can just be re-added.

13. Wyrmreaver

If you have it on then the cpu coaches will move around meaning you could face cpu oregon state in season 4 and they come out in the fleXbox One.....

14. Cheez

<thinks about MSU in a fleXbox One just a couple nights ago>

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

15. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

This.

16. Jayrah

Correct.

Coach contracts are useless without the carousel. I do not know what you don't understand. CPU teams will not change without the carousel on. You remember this year when the cpu couldn't beat you because they just kept getting worse without a chance to get better? I get that you want to run up the score on the rest of the cpu league, but....

17. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

I'm in full agreement with what Dru50 and Jayrah said

18. Jayrah

I feel like it should be 4-2 in favor of contracts, but where are the actual votes?

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

As long as we aren't, the users, doing the cc I'm all for it. That was the point I was trying to make I just did a very poor job at it.

20. Cheez

So let me get this straight:

Use CC for contracts - and if someone gets fired they can leave the dynasty / rejoin as present team.
    No user movement between teams - just CPU

If that's what you guys want - then we can do that. My only contention is with this:
    I dont see how teams will "get better" with coaching carousel on. If they are changing their offensive system every couple of years, there will be no fluidity to the offense, and they will be always behind the 8 ball recruiting wise. By this I mean, for instance, that the CPU will be recruiting for a spread offense, coach gets fired, new coach runs a fleXbox One but only has spread guys to work with. That cycle will keep repeating itself. I dont think that the CPU will get better by having coaching carousel on. In fact, I think it will get worse.

The reason we have restrictions on top recruits is so that the CPU is able to keep up with us. If we had no restrictions on recruiting, the CPU would go downhill quickly. But since we do, the CPU is able to maintain a competitive balance for a longer period of time.